• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe |OT|

Deband

l1uGoQs.jpg

From Steam:

The title says it all. Take one part falling block puzzle game, combine one part old-school platformer, add a couple thousand pixels, blend and serve. Why match colored blocks when you can just shoot the hell out of them? Your goal is to survive as long as you can. From celebrated indie developer Andrew Morrish and Adult Swim Games.

Edh89rJ.png

Try it here!

Buy it here.

yVjJfrM.png
8Fi4Iby.png

bixYcZM.png

A quick look. Northernlion has a lets look at up as well.

Yes it has Steam achievements, local multiplayer and seems hard as hell.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
this looks really good. wishlisted because fire emblem luigis mansion and DKC all arrived on my 3DS at similar times.... that's gonna take time.

Stitch

Gold Member
I've bought Puzzle Platformer, Tomb Raider and Dust yesterday and I've played this for over an hour but didn't even touch the other games so yeah, this is damn good.

Aaron

Love it. Got in the zone, and collected 28 gems in my last run. Shame that ninja is the only class worth playing.

shaowebb

Ninja is best character. Dat double jump.

EDIT: Oh My God the woods are all about saying hello in the form of a giant Buzzsaw. BTW Jetpack is awesome if you use him right. You can waste almost all the terrain and not sweat a thing.

Haunted

Excellent. This seems like a great fast pickup and play arcade game in the same general vein of Super House of Dead Ninjas, Super Crate Box and a third game I thought of while starting this sentence but I've since forgotten. Super Hexagon!

Adult Swim has some super talented guys working for them. Fuck, get Westerados on Steam and make a Humble Adult Swim Bundle out of it.

deleted

Watched the Giantbomb quicklook and put it on my wishlist. I wanted a Super Puzzle Fighter kinda game in my steam-list and this one seems close enough.

edit: in a weird way

Danielsan

Picked it yesterday after seeing the Giant Bomb quick look. Great little game, but harder than expected. Maybe I should play as the Ninja instead of the fighter.

Also, the lack of online multiplayer and friendlist leaderboards is disappointing.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I was convinced to buy this after watching the Quick Look. Looks like a ton of fun!

Santar

A real shame this isn't on gog.
I really enjoyed the flash version, but not buying on steam because of the drm.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing this game every night this week. It's exhilarating but just a bit too unforgiving.
Highly recommended.

Conan-san

I love how the music sounds as if it was made with Megadrive instruments.

Makes a nice change from the NES Chiptune scene.

Volcynika

Anyone tried out the new content they added? I can only get to the ERROR level and don't see anything else. ?_?

Also, the music in the ERROR level....sogood.gif

Top Bottom