• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers announced for PS3 & PS4

New console SRW OG game announced!

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu unveils Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

The magazine has a six-page scoop introducing the simulation RPG’s new protagonist and battle scenes, as well as an interview with the staff.

A teaser trailer will be released on January 21 at 13:00 Japan time.
http://gematsu.com/2016/01/super-robot-wars-og-moon-dwellers-announced-ps4-ps3

And Menthuss post from the community thread:
Participating Characters and Mecha

Granteed – Touya Shiun is playable. Katia Grignard and Melua Melna Meia are support. Touya is the protagonist of the game. He throws himself into an encounter with Granteed, and Katia and Melua are two girls who appear riding Granteed.
Soul Saber FF – A prototype developed for mass production by Mogami Heavy Industries.
Akimi Akatsuki – The son of the president of Mogami Heavy Industries. He goes to the same high school as Touya.
Soul Saber GG – A prototype developed for mass production by Mogami Heavy Industries.
Akemi Akatsuki – Akimi’s twin sister. She often has to hold down her brother, who easily rushes into things.
Exploration Vine Boxer Type R
Exploration Vine Boxer Type L
G Compatible Kaiser

At the start of the game, you can select “Beginner Mode.” This lets inexperienced players play the game without worry, with more funds and upgrade parts to obtain.

Producer Interview

This is the first title as part of the Super Robot Wars 25th anniversary. There are other projects underway other than this game.
Super Robot Wars J protagonist Calvina Coulange will also appear as an ally unit.
Granteed’s setup will change in a big way, and he’ll be Touya’s personal mech.
The protagonists of Super Robot Wars GC were set up as twins. The Real Robot that wasn’t Soul Saber (maybe Soul Gunner?) won’t appear in this game.
Immediately after the game starts, it branches into two paths, one with Touya and another with Calvina. The Touya route is easier to play for new players.
The branch has no connection to the SR point.
Thanks to the hard work of the development staff, the special moves of the new mecha are a spectacular sight to see.
Development is 70 percent complete.

Didn't see a thread yet. Hopefully they do a better job than Z3

Shinriji

Pride of Justice was utter shit, even from OG standarts.

Who is making this OG, since Winkysoft closed last year?

I think I see the Alt in the picture, but it super small so I can't be sure... The Alt Eisen is pretty much the only OG robot I care about. Probably doesn't matter since I don't see my self importing it either way unfortunately. Maybe being an OG series it'll get transl- Nope couldn't even finish that sentence(because of how sad it made me).

Teknoman

I think I see the Alt in the picture, but it super small so I can't be sure... The Alt Eisen is pretty much the only OG robot I care about. Probably doesn't matter since I don't see my self importing it either way unfortunately. Maybe being an OG series it'll get transl- Nope couldn't even finish that sentence(because of how sad it made me).

Its an OG game, and we've gotten Shenmue 3, FFVIIr, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayo in Smash, among other things. It can happen...right?

Please tell me this is a turn based strategy rpg and not another press a at the right time to awesome like endless frontier.

sd28821

i guess Festenia is stuck with Calvina Im also guessing there gonna have Bellzelute and hopefully we get Coustwell as a secret unit.

cj_iwakura

Please tell me this is a turn based strategy rpg and not another press a at the right time to awesome like endless frontier.

Endless Frontier was anything but 'press a to awesome', it's the same battle system as NxC and PxZ. repetitive as all hell(just like SRW proper), but still strategic.

Yay for the PS3 love.

God damn the grin on my face when the Alt showed up in the first half. I wish this game had a chance at actually getting translated...

Its an OG game, and we've gotten Shenmue 3, FFVIIr, Cloud, Ryu, and Bayo in Smash, among other things. It can happen...right?

Oops missed this one. Almost forgot I had already posted here... But yeah, being OG the chance exists, but I'm not so sure of the fan base(or at least, the perceived western fan best).

Maybe we just need an internet petition. I mean, it worked for Yakuza 5 right(iirc correctly... I might be thinking of a different game)?

Top Bottom