• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

jlai

So are sticks really necessary? To be fair Ive never used one.

Are there any distinct advantages? Everyone at Evo seemed to be using them...

Yeah at this point its really whatever you're comfortable with. I play exclusively on keyboard for AE PC and use the stick for 360/tourneys.

GGs Rice and Edgeward, my Gen is ready for EVO2014!

Cool, thanks for the replies. Been playing SF4 on and off since it released. Not good by any margin but I do find my thumbs get sore and it doesn't really happen when playing shooters etc.

Also have problems with execution a lot of the time.

I'd really love to try a stick out first. Shame there's no arcades here. Might just take the plunge and get a stick. Any UK people know of a good place to get one? Ireland here and don't even know where to look.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope they change the audio drastically in the update. Needs a new announcer, bring back arcade sound effects, each stage gets new theme, etc.

Onemic

Cool, thanks for the replies. Been playing SF4 on and off since it released. Not good by any margin but I do find my thumbs get sore and it doesn't really happen when playing shooters etc.

Also have problems with execution a lot of the time.

I'd really love to try a stick out first. Shame there's no arcades here. Might just take the plunge and get a stick. Any UK people know of a good place to get one? Ireland here and don't even know where to look.

If you do commit to switching, keep in mind that you will not get used to it immediately and it will feel pretty awkward at first. For me, it took about a week to get used to it(that is having my movement/specials etc. down at around the same rate as I did on pad) and about 2 -3 weeks for me to feel more comfortable playing on stick than on pad.

If you do commit to switching, keep in mind that you will not get used to it immediately and it will feel pretty awkward at first. For me, it took about a week to get used to it(that is having my movement/specials etc. down at around the same rate as I did on pad) and about 2 -3 weeks for me to feel more comfortable playing on stick than on pad.

Hmmm might be a good idea for me to even try a new character while adjusting? Honestly I only ever use Ryu because he was the only char. whose moves I could do back on the SNES :/

xCobalt

I hope they change the audio drastically in the update. Needs a new announcer, bring back arcade sound effects, each stage gets new theme, etc.

They need to remove the whistling sound when Bison gets up. That shit annoys me now that someone pointed it out. Makes no sense either.

Onemic

Hmmm might be a good idea for me to even try a new character while adjusting? Honestly I only ever use Ryu because he was the only char. whose moves I could do back on the SNES :/

Sure, it would probably make it less frustrating for you in the beginning week when stuff you could normally do don't come out on a consistent basis.

GG everybody

And to Passive Assassin, our Ibuki/Evil Ryu match up made me so fucking salty that I decided to play my Yun and youtube Cammy for the latter half of our matches so I can give you a taste of your own medicine lol.

FUCK Ibuki, bring on dat no hard knockdown on neckbreaker Ultra update :p

GG everybody

And to Passive Assassin, our Ibuki/Evil Ryu match up made me so fucking salty that I decided to play my Yun and youtube Cammy for the latter half of our matches so I can give you a taste of your own medicine lol.

>:L! Vortex Fighter 4!

Onemic

GG everybody

The derp of Ibuki never fails to bring the salt.

Imm0rt4l

Autocorrrect dp is really useful. It actually beats out some unblockables and most crossup setups.
As a gouken and dudley main I've never been privy to some of the tech characters with dp's have. I feel like learning ryu from the beginning would made me a stronger player all around.

xCobalt

As a gouken and dudley main I've never been privy to some of the tech characters with dp's have. I feel like learning ryu from the beginning would made me a stronger player all around.

I'm pretty sure every character can do autocorrect dps. It's just tougher on some characters because of the different startup. I'm a gouken main myself and I've done autocorrect ex tatsu before (although by accident).

jlai

GG everybody

Just pick Rufus or Gen against him :p

Real talk though, I don't know what joy people get out of winning with such vortex-heavy autopilot characters. It's so boring!

But yun...

...is fair now. He wasn't before but he's fine in this version of the game.

Suffer like I did during our Evil Ryu/Ibuki matches beotch :p

Just pick Rufus or Gen against him :p

Real talk though, I don't know what joy people get out of winning with such vortex-heavy autopilot characters. It's so boring!

I don't main them, but I see the appeal of it since I use Yun and Seth as a side character. Just the idea of knocking them down and keep them down for good makes people feel godlike. If you're lacking in other departments, it helps to make up for your deficiencies because you don't have to actually play Street Fighter.

Imm0rt4l

I'm pretty sure every character can do autocorrect dps. It's just tougher on some characters because of the different startup. I'm a gouken main myself and I've done autocorrect ex tatsu before (although by accident).
Yea, I'm just saying I've never needed to use autocorrect. Ex tatsu is like 7 frame startup.

...is fair now. He wasn't before but he's fine in this version of the game.

Suffer like I did during our Evil Ryu/Ibuki matches beotch :p

I don't main them, but I see the appeal of it since I use Yun and Seth as a side character. Just the idea of knocking them down and keep them down for good makes people feel godlike. If you're lacking in other departments, it helps to make up for your deficiencies because you don't have to actually play Street Fighter.

Akuma only tournament?!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finally got all my PC controller issues sorted out- turns out that Mad Catz controllers don't work well with the USB 3.0 ports on my desktop. Plugged one into a USB 2.0 port and everything was fine.

Evo and the Ultra announcement has me back on SSF4 again. Playing on PS3 and PC. Does anyone generally host rooms on PC?

Just started to play again after about a year off, could really do with some friendly matches and advice to get back into the swing of things.

XBL - KnobNose1981

Please feel free to add me, the more the merrier!

jlai

OT5!

Saw on another thread here that SF4 came out 5 years to the day yesterday (since vanilla arcade). Easily my most played game. NO REGRETS

Top Bottom