• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a good thing Barry didn't explain Kara to Cisco, I don't think he'd ever be able to concentrate and get any work done for at least a few days. They do need to do that scene though, wide-eyed Cisco learning about everything she can do will be amazing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Probably a good thing Barry didn't explain Kara to Cisco, I don't think he'd ever be able to concentrate and get any work done for at least a few days. They do need to do that scene though, wide-eyed Cisco learning about everything she can do will be amazing.

Cisco would start vibing Earth-3.

carlsojo

Finally got around to watching the finale. Good first season. Better than Arrow, not as good as Flash. The whole beacon of hope thing overriding Myriad could have been incredibly lame but damn Melissa sold that speech. Melissa as Supergirl really elevated this whole thing way past what it could have been.

I'm excited for next season, whatever's in that pod, and MORE CROSSOVERS.

Setsuna

compared to what we got, I would be tottaly fine with barry telling Cisco about Supergirl for an entire episode,

Apt101

Gotta get people to use CBS All Access.

Last time I tried to use the app for this, they wanted me to have a cable subscription for some bizarre reason - even though CBS is OTA. Maybe that has changed but it really turned me off and I haven't reinstalled to check since.

carlsojo

My wildest pod theory: It's the real Kal-El, and the current "Superman" is an imposter.

Bonus theory
that is not happening ever because it's a Kryptonian pod but I can dream anyway
: It's Miss Martian.

Omg Cat is Ally McBeal
*mind blown

I never watched McBeal but just saw a pic and it hit me lol. I know it's probably commonly known hahaha, but still mind blown.

Joni

Omg Cat is Ally McBeal
*mind blown

I never watched McBeal but just saw a pic and it hit me lol. I know it's probably commonly known hahaha, but still mind blown.

It is really her defining role. She also had a long stint on Brothers & Sisters, but Ally McBeal seems more well-known, despite less viewership.

-Deimos

What the hell is up with all these cliffhangers??

Also, congrats on your new promotion. Here's a small windowless office in the corner of the building.

Joni

Also, congrats on your new promotion. Here's a small windowless office in the corner of the building.

The office makes sense at first sight. She is getting promoted, but it is just a first promotion so it is normal it is a small windowless room. But then you realize, they have an open-office plan. There is James who has an office, but he is the art director. Cat of course, as the boss, has an office as well. But who else? Winn doesn't and he looks to be tech support for Cat. And who are the people sitting around them? I assume journalists. So why don't they get one? And let's be honest, how funny would it have been if Cat just moved Kara one desk to the main pool of people sitting there.

I wonder if the writers even know who's in the pod yet. They have a history of setting up cliffhangers without exactly knowing where they will go (the death on Arrow this season is a recent example).

Joni

I wonder if the writers even know who's in the pod yet. They have a history of setting up cliffhangers without exactly knowing where they will go (the death on Arrow this season is a recent example).
If it fits in some bigger plan, probably yes.
Also Arrow teased deathstroke in the first season while flash did Jay. They both followed through on that.

Magwik

Banned
Arrow might be under the Berlanti banner but Berlanti and Kriesberg are probably the most involved with Supergirl out of their 4 shows currently. The writers really don't overlap.

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, we can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

ZeroX03

Banned
We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, we can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

Wouldn't Supergirl be part of the DC TV thread, or are we moving away from that model?

Penguin

Wouldn't Supergirl be part of the DC TV thread, or are we moving away from that model?

I think we use it when all shows are on hiatus

But more importantly, it was because Arrow and The Flash were near the edge of 20k last summer and made no sense to start new threads

Don't think will be a major problem this year, but still fun if you wanna discuss all DC shows at once

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm only watching Supergirl so I wouldn't really be able to participate in a combined DC TV thread. Oh well.

Yes you could, don't be gloomy.

I think we use it when all shows are on hiatus

But more importantly, it was because Arrow and The Flash were near the edge of 20k last summer and made no sense to start new threads

Don't think will be a major problem this year, but still fun if you wanna discuss all DC shows at once

Depends on whether the other threads get locked up or not.

The digital comic series based on show, The Adventures of Supergirl, is finally being released to print starting next week. It's bi-monthly for three months, with six issues, each containing multiple chapters from the digital release.
I haven't read it myself, but I hear it's great. There's also a full paperback graphic novel release later this year.

The latest DC Legion of Collectors subscription box from Funko has some Supergirl stuff in it. It's a DCTV box. Here's what's inside. Can't wait for mine to come in the mail!

Mattel's TV Supergirl action figure from the DC Comics Multiverse series should be out within the next month. Entertainment Earth has the wave she's in listed for next month, but from what I've seen, they're usually available a few weeks earlier than their listed dates in stores.

As for the show itself...well, there's still no official confirmation of a season 2, unfortunately. But word if it returning seems good.

The digital comic series based on show, The Adventures of Supergirl, is finally being released to print starting next week. It's bi-monthly for three months, with six issues, each containing multiple chapters from the digital release.
I haven't read it myself, but I hear it's great. There's also a full paperback graphic novel release later this year.

The latest DC Legion of Collectors subscription box from Funko has some Supergirl stuff in it. It's a DCTV box. Here's what's inside. Can't wait for mine to come in the mail!

Mattel's TV Supergirl action figure from the DC Comics Multiverse series should be out within the next month. Entertainment Earth has the wave she's in listed for next month, but from what I've seen, they're usually available a few weeks earlier than their listed dates in stores.

As for the show itself...well, there's still no official confirmation of a season 2, unfortunately. But word if it returning seems good.

Can confirm, Adventures of Supergirl is pretty fun, even though I haven't watched the show yet :p

It's not as strong as the other Digital Firsts I'm reading (Bombshells and Legend of Wonder Woman), but a pretty fun read.

Can confirm, Adventures of Supergirl is pretty fun
Tk6L4Pw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom