• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supposedly...XBOX 2 prototype pics and logos...

NorthernBoxer on the TXB Forum said:
http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/im...898756681936006

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/im...816574834581683

Quote:
We’re not sure if these are legit or not, but an anonymous tipster who claimed to be a part of a focus group for the upcoming Xbox2 sent us some questionable screengrabs of two of the “logos and console designs being considered for the next generation Xbox system” (that quote according to the focus group material we saw).*We’d send ‘em back to the drawing board if it we were in that focus group, but supposedly they’ve got more cooking—it’d be pretty foolish if they didn’t—so we’ll see.

Here is the article:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/9253838747326816/

Strange.

BuG

6821595414083573.JPG

Once again, Nintendo are the innovators.

First pic:
Looks interesting...in that Star Trek Photon Torpedo-kind of way... I like the logo design, though.

Second pic:
Yep, looks like a handle...*barf* Logo... *barf*

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Judging by the second pic, it looks like the XBX 2 will run on VHS tapes.

AniHawk

Nintendo Ate My Children said:
Assuming the disc drive door is a standar size, the Xbox "FS" certainly is much, much smaller than the regular Xbox. It looks smaller than a PS2.

OMG! IT'S THE REVOLUTION! MS AND NINTENDO WORKING TOGETHER!!

PS2 KID

If it looks like any of those pics then FS would stand for Fugly System.

These look like they are definitely fake.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
COMPLETE fake. But it's nice to see them. We had lots of pre-PS2/GC etc. fake renders, so it's good to see them start rolling out now for the upcoming generation. Remember those Dolphin Mario Kart renders :lol

Shompola said:
get rid of the handle and it would look very good.
Agreed. I'm getting some Supergrafx vibes from this design. I thought Supergrafx looked awesome back then. This Xbox concept reminds me bit about it....but looks even better.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
FS = Future System baby

edit: "FS" to stand for "Future System" is such a badass name because it transcends simple numberical extensions like "2" or "3"... imo, Xbox FS would be the perfect name.

Just include a 1 gig flash disk and wireless controls and it's gonna fly off the shelves.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
If the Xbox 2 has a handle, it will be easily the funniest event to ever occur in the history of mankind. The blubbering ramblings of Xbots trying to explain why a handle on your console is suddenly cool would be worth it alone.

That said, there's absolutely nothing here that seems remotely plausible.

Meier

Not that I believe those prototype pics are real, but I made a thread on the old GAF about how one of the shortlist of titles for Xbox 2 was the Xbox FS.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Meier said:
Not that I believe those prototype pics are real, but I made a thread on the old GAF about how one of the shortlist of titles for Xbox 2 was the Xbox FS.

that's their best bet, imo. If they go with "2", it'll sound inferior to Sony's "3" in PS3, even if most gamers will know their both just successors to the previous gen. Therefore, the most likely candidates for the Xbox successor's surname would have to be "Next" or something like "Future System". I can imagine the commercials now with the ending showing "Xbox FS" and then underneath in smaller text written "Future System". PS3 is doomed :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Meier said:
Wasn't there also a Xbox HD possibility too? I think that was my pic.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I can't see them using a "next" or "future system" in its title. It'd make no sense at all once it was out. They might stick some abbreviation after Xbox, though, like "Gameboy Advance SP". But the abbreviation shouldn't refer to any sort of position on a timeline (like "next" etc.)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ugly system, ugly logo. It's sad that they picked such an ass color for the Xbox logo...now they'll probably have to use it next gen too. :(

Jesiatha

johnjohnson said:
The first logo looks very nice, but I still hope that the successor of Xbox will not be called Xbox 2.

I can't imagine it will be. Tons of people would think that the Playstation 3 is one generation more advanced than the Xbox 2.

COCKLES

being watched
You can almost imagine the adverts for PS3 in the UK if they call it Xbox 2.

Match of the Day style vidaprinter close up with...

XBOX 2 - PLAYSTATION 3

:)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Shompola said:
get rid of the handle and it would look very good.

Dude, seriously? What's with the handle hate? Especially from the XBox crowd, who are much more likely to go to LAN parties than PS2 or GCN owners. It's practical, you don't need to buy a stupid $20 bag from Nyko or whoever. I'd maybe argue to make it detatchable, but that's about it.

PS2 KID said:
If it looks like any of those pics then FS would stand for Fugly System.

These look like they are definitely fake.

It dosen't get any uglier than the XBox 1. At least this one's aiming for some kind of small form factor. A nice, *flat* top would be great, though. (Assuming, of course, that these were real.)

skip

what xsarien said. all the next-gen systems should have a handle. because, hey, they're easier to carry around.

Top Bottom