• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sweeney mad about Apple again

Rockondevil

Another day and we get more upset Sweeney due to his insane loathing of Apple.
Today he is mad because Apple's "Find My" system works as intended to find your lost or stolen devices.

The man is so out of touch I wish he would just disappear.

For those unaware if you buy a second-hand Apple product you should always ensure Find My is turned off prior to buying it, which somebody who stole your item wouldn't be able to achieve.

Erebus

Nothing new here, this guy just hates everything Apple, though apparently he uses Apple products still?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I think apple in general is overpriced mediocrity...

However, using the find my app to find a laptop that was STOLEN is working exactly as intended, now law can go to the house, procure the stolen property, return it to the owner and charge the offender.

Is this guy really pulling the San Fran, "criminals are just nice guys" argument

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i personally think it's great for keeping tabs on the kids, time to come home but won't answer the phone, they're round at a mates house, good, now i can get the phone to play a sound if they have their phone on silent

Drew1440

If his laptop was stolen, why hasn't he logged with with the police to get the laptop back? Also I'm sure to can remotely lock them if they're stolen.

Also Google and Microsoft offer the same thing with their operating systems, idk why he's sibgeling out Apple.

calistan

That tweet from Sweeney says 'People have a right to privacy. This right applies to second hand device buyers and even to thieves.'

He is a strange, strange man.

Lunarorbit

Came here looking for Sydney and instead see the tweet of a complete moron. Next he's gonna complain about how cookies track you.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Tim Sweeney is owned by Tencent which is owned by China, essentially he’s a tool for them to knock Apple, of the largest US tech firms, down a notch

drganon

I don't own any Apple products or play fortnight, but Im rooting for apple. Sweeney is just too fucking whiny.

HAYA8U5A

Confused Sydney Sweeney GIF by First We Feast

BlackTron

Years ago, a kid stole a Mac laptop out of my car. Years later, I was checking out Find My and it showed a map with the house where the kid who stole my Mac lived. WTF Apple? How is that okay?!

Please Apple, think of the thieves. Unironically, it seems like there is a big push to go soft on crime, but this isn't that. He's just an idiot.

Mistake

Apple recently updated Find My with beeps for anti-stalking measures. Seems counterintuitive if you're using airtags on stuff that people steal. Also, their lockdown on parts via firmware is a good argument against theft, although I'd rather be able to replace my shit if it breaks

Trogdor1123

Couldn’t he just remove it from his account if he is so worried about the poor thief?

Why is HE insistent on following the poor innocent person?!

Tams

If his laptop was stolen, why hasn't he logged with with the police to get the laptop back? Also I'm sure to can remotely lock them if they're stolen.

Also Google and Microsoft offer the same thing with their operating systems, idk why he's sibgeling out Apple.

He just wants to have a go at Apple.

As for the stolen laptop; he's so rich that he's detached from the everyday person. He can buy a new one and it not even register as a financial change.

ryzen1

Apple should come up with a button on the home screen to disable the "Find My" function to protect the privacy of thieves.

Top Bottom