• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

ranmafan

Finally got some time away from other things to play some more. Took a break from the main story and decided to go build up my characters levels with some grinding in the Hollow Area. Thats been a ton of fun. I was told it would be a huge place to explore, but wow I was really shocked just how big it is. Just running around, fighting enemies and exploring the areas is quite fun. Now I just need to make more time for the game this week as well.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Finally got some time away from other things to play some more. Took a break from the main story and decided to go build up my characters levels with some grinding in the Hollow Area. Thats been a ton of fun. I was told it would be a huge place to explore, but wow I was really shocked just how big it is. Just running around, fighting enemies and exploring the areas is quite fun. Now I just need to make more time for the game this week as well.

Yep dont get lost now hahaha. One of the more useful things to do is go around and try to find the warp points. That black stone looking object, will really help you out later on. Just dont get killed in the process haha.

ranmafan

Yep dont get lost now hahaha. One of the more useful things to do is go around and try to find the warp points. That black stone looking object, will really help you out later on. Just dont get killed in the process haha.

Thanks! Ill make sure not to miss those. But yeah I had a bit of trouble getting back to the entrance on my first time through the area. Thankfully gave me plenty of enemies to fight to boost up my levels.

Parakeetman

Thanks! Ill make sure not to miss those. But yeah I had a bit of trouble getting back to the entrance on my first time through the area. Thankfully gave me plenty of enemies to fight to boost up my levels.

Also if you want to level up your characters faster, while its slightly more difficult in the sense you need a lot of SP items, you can do the offline - online mode bring 3 NPCs that you want to level and go to that endless dungeon.

Only issue is you cant do the normal communication with the AI that can recover 50 SP each time. You can still issue them general commands like defense / sword skill though. Also you wont gain the friendship points too in the offline online mode, so its more for just pure leveling / item hunting / weapon skill up.

But the SP recovery is mostly made up from skills / the SP items. You can stack the different levels of the SP items though.

If you get lucky in the dungeon you will pick up a good amount of them to keep the fight going. Since there are a lot of enemies you will really need to keep the SP levels fairly high / constant if you want to survive / not take a lot of time.

Sometimes there are rare pickups for equipment too. I got a pretty good shield and leg piece from there.

Parakeetman

Added just a single new vid today. Its in another section of the Hollow Area and me playing EDF with a Katana lol. Finally got it unlocked and have been skilling it up. Its almost 800 currently. Next plan on maxing out the 1H Sword so I can use the 2H Sword. Already have the Rapier and Curved Blade at 1000 currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKHQ9BRrmV0

The katana makes for a pretty good support damage dealer, as the bleeding status and risk raising skills are great for allowing your partner to do more damage to the enemy asides from your own attacks. Though as with all 2H weapons you do take kind of a lot of damage when you get hit, so its generally suggested to be wearing something with higher def. Even if you take a bit of a hit to accuracy / evade, as that can be made up with activated skills. So far though am pretty sure the highest damage dealing weapon is the 2H axe.

Sitrus

Just met the hidden
character Sachi and finished her story quests. She joins at level 80 and wields a spear. A nice end to her story.

Infinity Moment is quite boring compared to the Hollow Area. It just feels repetitive while the HA has
forests, castles in the sky, beaches, caves and that cool last area and lots of loot.

Looks like unlocking clothings for the heroines requires you to
max out a trait by praising their actions.

EDIT: Some people may know but if you finish Hollow Arc,
Philia will be on the 76th floor.

Parakeetman

Infinity Moment is quite boring compared to the Hollow Area. It just feels repetitive while the HA has
forests, castles in the sky, beaches, caves and that cool last area and lots of loot.

Yeah thats a bit obvious considering the original area was from the PSP game, where as the HF area is all made from scratch for the vita... Not really the brightest of comments there, I mean what did you expect?

Just met the hidden
character Sachi and finished her story quests. She joins at level 80 and wields a spear. A nice end to her story.

Looks like unlocking clothings for the heroines requires you to
max out a trait by praising their actions.

EDIT: Some people may know but if you finish Hollow Arc,
Philia will be on the 76th floor.

So Philia IS able to join your party after you finish Hollow Fragment right? 76th floor is how much into the game... I hope there is still a good portion of game-play hours left when Philia joins you in Infinity Moment section.

When you say you finished Sachi's story quests with a nice end to the story... is that end a particular heroine "ending" or just her role in the game is done, she is gone and complete?

Just how much interaction can the MC have with the party members and how good is the character development?

You know its not a big problem but this game fixes an issue I had with the series in general.
You have this interesting fantasy setting with good character designs, cool armors and such and then you have the main character in a black t-shirt, black cargo pants and a black coat.

Parakeetman

NA Pre-Order DLC, I can feel it.

lol doubt it.

cant wait to see the gaming press freak out and do their usual social justice bullshit over if the swimming suit, y-shirt & wedding dress DLC for the female characters make it over.

lol doubt it.

cant wait to see the gaming press freak out and do their usual social justice bullshit over if the swimming suit, y-shirt & wedding dress DLC for the female characters make it over.

This game is obscure enough that the usual suspects won't even be aware it exists on a platform that no one in North America even owns.

This game is obscure enough that the usual suspects won't even be aware it exists on a platform that no one in North America even owns.

I remember one eroge (R-18 one) that caused shitstorm in Japan. (Bills and laws being passed right after that).

And it was a game that was never released on the west, and was a few years old when the shitstorm happened.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-George Carlin

Parakeetman

I remember one eroge (R-18 one) that caused shitstorm in Japan. (Bills and laws being passed right after that).

And it was a game that was never released on the west, and was a few years old when the shitstorm happened.

-George Carlin

Yep pretty much.

Since Kotaku had an article on the anime you know they are going to write something on the game.

Tohsaka

I think I'm going to just wait for the US version to be released in the off chance that they do bring that DLC over, so that I can get it. I'd rather have the physical Asian version but I'm getting a bunch of other games this month anyway, so I'll wait.

Stuart444

-George Carlin

Which one is this? What eroge could cause that much of a shitstorm in Japan?

I can see the FB link just fine. Perhaps you guys are not logged into FB accounts?

Yes, it's looks like it is a full english version. No story scene screenshot though. And no, I won't mirror coz I'm lazy.

Parakeetman

I can see the FB link just fine. Perhaps you guys are not logged into FB accounts?

Yes, it's looks like it is a full english version. No story scene screenshot though. And no, I won't mirror coz I'm lazy.

Nope am, it must be region cock blocked. Since its acting like the page is missing.

MSMrRound

1797342_457256657739783_3906685293500804614_n.jpg

10325765_457256664406449_8590479424123140693_n.jpg

10299943_457256697739779_2858620307625729764_n.jpg

1482744_457256711073111_4893235401314288020_n.jpg

10330389_457256771073105_8069782842725126312_n.jpg

No images of you carrying of Klein in your arms or conversations in bed yet...sadly. Omitted some of the images that were already supplied by Bandai Namco US side to some gaming sites. Ignore these if old....just updating you guys that B.N Asia confirmed a May 29 date for the English version for my side (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia)...so...dunno if you guys should expect one around that date or a couple of weeks later?

Parakeetman

No images of you carrying of Klein in your arms or conversations in bed yet...sadly. Omitted some of the images that were already supplied by Bandai Namco US side to some gaming sites. Ignore these if old....just updating you guys that B.N Asia confirmed a May 29 date for the English version for my side (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia)...so...dunno if you guys should expect one around that date or a couple of weeks later?

Very cool to see, thanks for pulling those out since was not able to do so myself. Doubt there would be any sort of bed convo with Klein.

This is great info for those who wanted to know if the Asian version was properly localized which most def seems to be the case here!

Raxious

Damnit, I'm waiting for an EU announcement, but this Asian version sounds good too :| The problem is I'm guessing that I'll be unable to download any DLC / updates from the normal PSN.

Parakeetman

Damnit, I'm waiting for an EU announcement, but this Asian version sounds good too :| The problem is I'm guessing that I'll be unable to download any DLC / updates from the normal PSN.

Actually from what I understand thanks to other GAF users is updates shouldnt be an issue, but the DLC stuff yeah you will need an account for said region game is from.

User Tron

I'm in the same boat. Can someone answer the question regarding the DLC?

Parakeetman

I'm in the same boat. Can someone answer the question regarding the DLC?

As always DLC can only be downloaded from the same PSN region as the game. Thankfully unless you are totally inept its not impossible to make a PSN account for other regions.

But if people would be trying to import this and on the Vita where its just one setting per card then yeah basically you would be screwed with the DLC.

Very cool to see, thanks for pulling those out since was not able to do so myself. Doubt there would be any sort of bed convo with Klein.

This is great info for those who wanted to know if the Asian version was properly localized which most def seems to be the case here!

Although the formatting of the English subs seem a bit off in some parts of the screenshots.

Does that mean this is a 2nd tier localization?

Or is this the same as NA's localization?

Parakeetman

Parakeetman - Are you playing on the 1 or 2000 model? I still need to pick up a vita, wanted to hear your impressions on them

Am playing on the Vita TV actually. Have not put it into the normal Vita at all. Have both models though.

Although the formatting of the English subs seem a bit off in some parts of the screenshots.

Does that mean this is a 2nd tier localization?

Or is this the same as NA's localization?

Doubt its the same as the NA localization.

Parakeetman

Pretty sure it's at the very 'least' the basis for the localization. Meaning it will be QA'd for typos/grammar issues/etc before before being submitted for all the usual certification stuff from Sony and that.

Stuff like that usually takes even more work, than just having another person actually do it all from scratch. Even more so if said person who did initial translations was not a native of said language. Since not only do you have to look at the English to make sure that its right, but then go back and check the Japanese to confirm that. At least I consider it to be more of a pain in the ass.

Am sure its more that it was a part of the Asia region budget and the NA side has their own.

Its not like a case of British English vs American English for example. Which is a lot easier to deal with as its mainly just looking at spelling and terminology mainly.

Am playing on the Vita TV actually. Have not put it into the normal Vita at all. Have both models though.

Doubt its the same as the NA localization.

Man, hope we get that in the US soon. Would love to play some Vita on the TV here, plenty of good RPGs for that more than ever now.

antibolo

Banned
If the NA version forces a dub on us I'll get the Asian version for sure.

We still have nearly zero details on the NA version for now though, so I'll wait and see.

minty_jpg

If the NA version forces a dub on us I'll get the Asian version for sure.

We still have nearly zero details on the NA version for now though, so I'll wait and see.

That'd be terrible, but I don't think they'll do that. They are already budgeting with releasing it digitally only.

Top Bottom