• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Legends Orchestral Nintendo Concert LIVE STREAM | September 23

SuperJay

Beautiful concert! That encore was the icing on the cake.

super-mario-64-birthday-cake.jpg

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Couldnt hear the first part, what happened to Metroid?

What's there was fine, it was just really short and the interpretations were really subtle until the last 30 seconds or so where you could easily hear Samus' theme. The whole thing sounded great though, it was just a bit underwhelming given the list of songs they could've put in there.

i think everything was good.

last years concert catered to my interests more and it was more stramlined.

please hurry up the CD release this time if possible.

wrowa

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Couldnt hear the first part, what happened to Metroid?
It was more or less an original composition. Not really Metroid right until the end. The sound of it was great, no question about that, but it was less based on Metroid than inspired by Metroid.

Arren

I've definitely enjoyed it, especially the Zelda suite and the some of the later sections of the first part.

At times it felt a bit too liberal or erratic for my tastes, especially the Metroid piece which deviated sensibly from the source material.

Anyway, can't wait for a complete mp3 recording of the event, as well as eventually the CD release. :)

Jinaar

Metal B, hope you upload part 2 on Rapidshare again(I download from there so fast it seems and your first part sounded perfect). Thanks for the effort!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
For some ridiculous reason my partner's PC keeps screwing up so I can't re-upload any of this stuff on mediafire.

Haunted

I'd cut and upload the parts myself (downloaded the full recording from phatcorn), but Audacity won't recognise the .m4a for some reason.

edit: oh, excellent speedpop. :D

speedpop

Hero of Canton said:
Any chance of the Pikmin stuff?
I'm reuploading all of Metal B's rip as individual mp3s so people can grab whichever they want. Should only take a couple of minutes.

speedpop

1 - Fanfare for the Common 8-bit Hero
2 - Star Fox - Space Suite Orchestral
3 - Super Mario Bros. - Retro Suite Orchestral
4 - F-Zero - Race Suite Orchestral
5 - Metroid - Samus Aran Galactic Warrior Suite Orchestral
6 - Donkey Kong Country - Aquatic Ambience Orchestral
7 - Pikmin - Variation on a World Map Theme Orchestral
8 - Super Mario Galaxy - Galactic Suite Orchestral

Credit to Metal B

I'd go through Darktails' M4A rip and edit out the Zelda suite, but I'm not on my laptop sorry so don't have the tools to do it. Plus it seems that Trumpet909 has it under control.

wrowa said:
Trumpet's version of Galaxy is 14 minutes long, Metal B.'s only 8. Huh?
No idea. I'm currently listening through Trumpet's atm to see why it is longer and then comparing them.

wrowa said:
Trumpet's version of Galaxy is 14 minutes long, Metal B.'s only 8. Huh?

Looks like when I went to convert it, it got confused. It looks like it decided to sneak and extra few minutes from the bowser theme in there. So ignore mine, as I believe it's incorrect.

KajunW

Uploaded some youtube videos....

Super Mario Galaxy

Donkey Kong Country

Couldn't get better quality, sorry, because it went through a proxy. The rest will follow, but I don't have all vids (from Metroid on it is complete). Plus, it might take a while to upload all, because I can't seem to index the recorded stream properly (argh).

speedpop

Trumpet909 said:
Looks like when I went to convert it, it got confused. It looks like it decided to sneak and extra few minutes from the bowser theme in there. So ignore mine, as I believe it's incorrect.
Yeah, just found the skip at 7:02. Sneaky little thing :lol

speedpop

Much love and thanks Trumpet.

edit: For some reason the rar of the Zelda Suite made the file hidden when I extracted it. No biggie, just letting it out that people might not be able to find it when they extract it.

wrowa

Yep, certainly a great jump Trumpet, Metal B, Phatcorns and everyone else who recorded and uploaded the music. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom