• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 PC: GAF Tournament of Victory

Icy

Banned
WARCOCK said:
I was obviously kidding, gaftourney is really a joke in many respects(format,weak strats, no latency considerations etc...) but that is why its so fun. And in this light everybody should be able to play no matter from where. That said you raise a legitimate geographical issue. The timing has been pretty juked so far.

While this is true, the magnitude to which very high pings (150+) affect the game is much more noticeable. I for one abuse lag comp given that i play with around 85 ping on east. That said you dont see me ghosting around and registering every shot as a scout, if anything i might pull some bs with the sniper.

Anyone taking this shit to a real serious level, get a damned life... and a cup of STFU.

WARCOCK

Banned
Icy said:
Anyone taking this shit to a real serious level, get a damned life... and a cup of STFU.

Well i mean id expect such a reaction from you after we got our asses severly handed to us. But i agree to some extent. Progaming *is* a waste of time, granted people scoff it off without really understanding its implications. ITS A GAME LOLZ.

YakiSOBA

WARCOCK said:
Well i mean id expect such a reaction from you after we got our asses severly handed to us. But i agree to some extent. Progaming *is* a waste of time, granted people scoff it off without really understanding its implications. ITS A GAME LOLZ.

progaming isnt a waste of time when you're taking home 100-200k grand prize money a tournament... ?

Ping limit sucks, I vote against it.

"Football sucks. I expect this treatment when the Canucks are in the Stanley Cup playoffs :mad:"

>:O Watch your mouth, and besides he's only delaying it because it's a big event. I'm sure the same would be done for any other major sporting event.

I'm totally against a ping limit. I'd much rather play with the people who have over 100 ping than have them banned from the server because of a few people crying about ping compensation.

Kifimbo

vultureparade said:
I'm totally against a ping limit. I'd much rather play with the people who have over 100 ping than have them banned from the server because of a few people crying about ping compensation.

+1.

Davidion

vultureparade said:

I agree. Why screw over people who have been mainstays of the servers over some ping issues? Does it really bother the people who aren't lagging?

"Things seem to be kinda screwy now with scheduling. So let's aim for:

BLU versus KAS match SATURDAY at 4pm US EST"

:lol After all that I can't make it. Are there going to be any other matches held on saturday or will next round be another time?

[KAS]Lukeman here--4pm is rough for me Friday or Saturday, but if it's decided I'll find a way--might be 15 minutes late.

Friday is preferable--it's easy enough to leave work early. :)

Capndrake

We're possibly going to do a scrim for every team in the tournament today, so whatever team you're on (Even Cubes), if you want to come, go ahead. Probably starting in half an hour.

EDIT: It will probably go on for a bit as usual so don't feel inclined that you have to be there at the start, any time is fine.

Xizk

Capndrake said:
We're possibly going to do a scrim for every team in the tournament today, so whatever team you're on (Even Cubes), if you want to come, go ahead. Probably starting in half an hour.

Lol @ (Even Cubes), what's that supposed to mean :p

Davidion

Xizk said:
Yeah but you're still playing against the other teams,right?

I guess, news has been kinda quiet on this tourney for the past few days if you haven't noticed. :lol

I think drake meant the scrims are open to everyone regardless of their current status in the tourney.

Capndrake

Davidion said:
I think drake meant the scrims are open to everyone regardless of their current status in the tourney.
Yup.

PillowKnight said:
Is someone going to lock the server?
Java's on so you can ask if you want, but it doesn't matter right now since there's lots of free space.

Ok, I still want to play KAS, but I'm not gonna wait around all night like before, just to find out that the other team isn't coming. This is not meant as a complaint towards KAS, but I just want the match to be a sure thing first.

Richardfun said:
Ok, I still want to play KAS, but I'm not gonna wait around all night like before, just to find out that the other team isn't coming. This is not meant as a complaint towards KAS, but I just want the match to be a sure thing first.

I'll be there, but I was also there last week. :/

Javaman

Perhaps we should merge the KAS players into CUBE/EAD/BLU? It'll be easier to schedule enough players for each of the fewer games.

"Perhaps we should merge the KAS players into CUBE/EAD/BLU? It'll be easier to schedule enough players for each of the fewer games."

Or just give a time so everyone can meet up and give them enough of a notice so they can make it. It was said plenty of times that the match would have to be delayed due to KAS members being away from home last weekend. It was more of a freak thing that a lot of people would be gone that weekend more than anything.

Honestly, I think it's been shown that KAS can't organize. I'd be fine being rolled into any of the other teams like was suggested earlier.

I showed the other night and wasted an hour or two of my Sunday. For this match, given the choice between real life and knowing no one else from my team would show, I chose actual life.

YakiSOBA

yeah, either disqualify and get the tourney finished... or merge KAS leftovers into the other 3 teams

RIP KAS, so much for the "all stars" lulz! ;)

traveler

Not Wario
Just got the Orange Box for my PC and traded my 360 version. It'll be a while before I'm decent, seeing as how I'm so used to the gamepad, but I'd like to play with you guys nonetheless.

My steam ID is WWGray4 and my nickname is traveler. (I dunno which one you have to add.) I'm already a part of the GAF Steam group.

Top Bottom