• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

technic beat - uh, what?

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i'm trying to figure out how to play this wonky music game. all i know is that i'm a robot running around on a floor, and tapping circle fires some lasers while pressing triangle makes the circles turn into hoola-hoops around mr. robot.

i dont know what to do. help someone plz :(

Patrick Klepek

okay, so i get that you have to press square when the rings match -- what's the point of pressing triangle to pick up a ring/circle to shoot lasers?

this game is pimp!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
From entirely confused and lost to "this game is pimp" in 8 minutes flat.

I have no idea what it is, but I am now very intrigued.

Don't start out with the robot; I think that's for expert players. Start out with the little girls. They can pick up the rings and move them around.

Play through the full tutorial mode and you'll understand.

aku:jiki

Kobun Heat said:
Don't start out with the robot; I think that's for expert players. Start out with the little girls. They can pick up the rings and move them around.

Play through the full tutorial mode and you'll understand.
You should definitely believe this news! I even find the robot hard (and more importantly -- not fun) to play with and I'm pretty good at the game.

Lifting circles is useful for chaining. You'll probably figure it all out as you go along if you stick with it, it all gets pretty obvious when you're used to how the game plays.

Edit: Actually, wait...don't all characters pick up the rings now? I know it was the girl's speciality in Technictix, but unless something's wrong with my memory - the removal of specialities (besides the "supers") was one of my biggest disappointments in 'Beat. It's been a while.

aku:jiki said:
Edit: Actually, wait...don't all characters pick up the rings now? I know it was the girl's speciality in Technictix, but unless something's wrong with my memory - the removal of specialities (besides the "supers") was one of my biggest disappointments in 'Beat. It's been a while.

Not all! The weird dude with the keyboard kicks them. I would recommend starting with the girl who picks up rings and makes them expand (Rain, I think) - it makes chaining rings together much easier!

The main menu translates as:

Left side:

Arcade
(not sure - Expert?)
Sudden Death
Tutorial
Option

Right side:

Free
Puzzle
Replay Player
Record(s)
Omake (Presents)

eXxy said:
guys -- this game is incredible. astro_girl and i are digging it supremely.

welcome to two years ago!!!!11

just kidding. it's not like it really burned up the Japanese sales charts either - hell, I had to go to like four stores to find a new copy the week is was released! Still, it's a clever title and unique amongst music games and I'm thrilled it's getting a U.S. release. YAY!

Patrick Klepek

we went through the tutorial today and the game makes much more sense now. i'm still not sure when it's appropriate to use the super powers, but i bet that's more applicable when you move onto the harder stages.

vestal -- let me know if you ever come across another copy for a decent price. i'd paypal you the money for it. i really want the JP copies of this and katamari damacy, even though they're both hitting here.

eXxy said:
vestal -- let me know if you ever come across another copy for a decent price. i'd paypal you the money for it. i really want the JP copies of this and katamari damacy, even though they're both hitting here.

n/p, I'll keep an eye out for it

Top Bottom