• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920738_20040820_screen001.jpg

920738_20040820_screen002.jpg

920738_20040820_screen003.jpg

920738_20040820_screen004.jpg

920738_20040820_screen005.jpg

920738_20040820_screen006.jpg

920738_20040820_screen007.jpg

920738_20040820_screen008.jpg

920738_20040820_screen009.jpg

920738_20040820_screen010.jpg

920738_20040820_screen011.jpg

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the first one was horrendous, but i almost want this just for the old tmnt arcade game. though not at full price, obviously. is turtles in time in there as well, or was that rumor false?

xsarien

daedsiluap
4-player: Interested.
Bundled with the arcade games: SOLD!

(I hope the old rumor of the latter is true.)

MoxManiac

Holy fuck, TMNT arcade is in there? Is Turtles in Time present too?? Interest in this game just jumped from 0% to a number above 0%.

Only way I would buy this is if it had TMNT, TMNT: The Arcade, TMNT3: The Manhattan Project, TMNT: Turtles in Time, TMNT: Hyperstone Heist, and TMNT: Tournament Fighters. Oh, can't forget the horrible TMNT: Manhattan Missions on PC.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
MoxManiac said:
..., TMNT arcade is in there? Is Turtles in Time present too?? Interest in this game just jumped from 0% to a number above 0%.
Turtles in Time has been rumored to be on the disc, but it's unclear. There have been multiple print mag's to claim "arcade games." If true, and after a bargain-bin price-drop... this game will be mine.

If only they'd cut out the new crap.

DarkCloud

Why the mismatched bandannas in those concept art pics?

Oh and 2XSai option for the emulated arcade game please Konami.

doncale

Banned
best turtled game ever: the 1989 Konami 4-player TMNT arcade, period. not NES version. not NES TMNT 2, not NES TMNT 3, not arcade Turtles in Time, not SNES Turtles in Time, not Genesis Hyperstone Heist, not Tournament Fighters....etc.

lordmrw

character models need more detail in the faces. Thats what sticks out for me the most. Seeing those screens of the original Turtles arcade game bring back memories of middle school, where me and my friends would spend an hour or so before school playing it at the corner store. Damn I miss that.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
DarkCloud said:
Why the mismatched bandannas in those concept art pics?

gs didn't bother to convert whatever konami's wonky image format is.

Oh and 2XSai option for the emulated arcade game please Konami.

yeah because that would make a ton of difference on a tv.

DCX

DCX
Looks good, i enjoyed the original just hated the sound effects " Slice and Dice " Argh...i hated that. 4 Player, arcade games, new characters by the looks of it...Splinter, Casey Jones etc, looks good.

DCX

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, the odd thing about the miscolored images is that the Turtles' shades are matched correctly to the bandana. Maybe it's suggesting weapons can be switched?
I also want to know if we'll get joke weapons during the Triceration wars.

nitewulf

drohne said:
the first one was horrendous, but i almost want this just for the old tmnt arcade game. though not at full price, obviously. is turtles in time in there as well, or was that rumor false?

what was wrong with it? i was planning on buying it.

Problems with the first... 2 player only. Dull, repetitive levels. Same few enemy types constantly (which might be odd to say, but it seems even heavier in that game than other comparable ones). Enemies randomly faded in and out of plain view. Lame map based system that required you to go back and defeat any enemies you might have missed. Just a poorly done 3D beat 'em up.

I hope this one turns out. Levels look far more interesting.

Alex

I loved the old arcade game, I also loved the original NES game, TMNT2, TMNT3 and Turtles in Time of course. I never played any TMNT Genesis game, and I hated that fighter on SNES.

I just remember how soul crushingly difficult the original NES game was though, jesus, I made it through all the Lolo's, Bomberman's, Adventure Islands, etc, but that game simply beat my ass. I can't remember how far I ever got though, I think I got a little bit past that pain in the ass diving section with the bomb, which for some reason is burnt into my memory, but I'm just not sure. :(

nitewulf

Semjaza Azazel said:
Problems with the first... 2 player only. Dull, repetitive levels. Same few enemy types constantly (which might be odd to say, but it seems even heavier in that game than other comparable ones). Enemies randomly faded in and out of plain view. Lame map based system that required you to go back and defeat any enemies you might have missed. Just a poorly done 3D beat 'em up.

uh, that does sound pretty bad.

Alex said:
I loved the old arcade game, I also loved the original NES game, TMNT2, TMNT3 and Turtles in Time of course. I never played any TMNT Genesis game, and I hated that fighter on SNES.

I just remember how soul crushingly difficult the original NES game was though, jesus, I made it through all the Lolo's, Bomberman's, Adventure Islands, etc, but that game simply beat my ass. I can't remember how far I ever got though, I think I got a little bit past that pain in the ass diving section with the bomb, which for some reason is burnt into my memory, but I'm just not sure. :(

The original is one of those games that I beat as a child and honestly have no idea how I managed to do it. It required so much time set aside due to its set-up.

I remember getting to Shredder at the end and just kicking his ass no problem. A rather disappointing final boss after the hell that the rest of the game put you through.

bobbyconover said:
Turtles in Time Arcade uber alles.

"Pizza powerrrr..
A flying saucer food delight!!"

I take it you are one of the lucky few to own the "Coming out of Their Shells" album from Pizza Hut?

M3wThr33

Banned
Me and the guys in #tmnt-files have no clue who the chick and dude are. Someone joked it was April in disguise, but it just might be from some upcoming episodes. I have about 95% on my computer (70% are my own encodes) and I don't see either of them in it.

ds`

the chick, isn't that karai? She has the foot symbol on her belt.

No clue about that dude with the scythe..

Top Bottom