• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 8 Closed Network Test in July

SSfox

I wonder if this was Sony or Bamco decision to not show this at PS Showcase

Anyway, hopefully Sony releases a Black PS5 before the Beta

Claudio is a reason to not get this game. Bamco that's strike 1. Any furry or idol shit and that is another strike. Do something else stupid and you're out.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Anyone have a spare pc code? I thought I signed up but apparantly didnt? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️😭😭😭

Now im sad

Last edited:

Kusarigama

I got my code too!

Really excited for this. I didn't get a code for Mortal Kombat 1 stress test so this makes it even more special!

Edit: And it is just 13.5GB

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I didn't get a code..
training-day-denzel-washington.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's how i plan to start each round (1:20) (Anyone know the command of the first move? )

Both this game and SF6 so mesmerizing to watch because of the great animation. Great animation in fighting games is more important than any other graphical features, which I wish MK could learn from.

SSfox

Both this game and SF6 so mesmerizing to watch because of the great animation. Great animation in fighting games is more important than any other graphical features, which I wish MK could learn from.
SF6 animations are great, except the wacky micro teleport that happen when you do a throw.

krumble

U.K. here
Played through the tutorial and then went to ranked, it benchmarked me and then stuck trying to find a match, at least you get to practise while waiting but as far as a network test... doesn't seem to be anyone there... will try again in a bit I guess

Rheon

U.K. here
Played through the tutorial and then went to ranked, it benchmarked me and then stuck trying to find a match, at least you get to practise while waiting but as far as a network test... doesn't seem to be anyone there... will try again in a bit I guess

Really? I'm in the UK and I've had no issues finding matches.

I've even had to cancel so many requests since I mostly wanna just lab in practice mode.

Edmund

I'm in Singapore and it's taking ages to find a match. Usually it takes me a minute tops to get a match in tekken 7. Now it's around 8 minutes to 12 minutes to get a match. Kinda ridiculous.

SSfox

So i tested beta but not in my house. and not in the most optimal way, an hours and half, at least I got bit of taste. Funny that all my opponent I met were Kazuyas.

Did you guys felt the game was 4k native or was it 1440p?

Last edited:
Holy shit this game is unbalanced AF.
Before this beta they limit you can only use heat attack 2 time when it available. Now they removed the limit , people keep spamming heat attack forever lmao.

SSfox

Balance is last thing I worry about the beta

How did you guys felt about graphics?

It looks great to me but I test it on 1080p so it wasnt at it fullest

SkylineRKR

The chip damage is another thing that ensures offensive play. They really want players to go ham here.

The more I play it, the more I like it. It feels incredibly snappy and fast, I think its hard to go back to T7 after this one. Characters feel very different, they changed almost everything including animations. I think this game is the biggest shake up in the Tekken series, perhaps since 4 which was a radical change but didn't catch on.

The heat mode I don't fully understand yet, you can activate it with R1, or after certain specials. I do see it opens up a lot of options. Like Paul's Power fist, it has a heat engager which means you can follow it up for a combo which is pretty crazy.

I am playing with Paul and hes actually pretty fun. One laggy match aside the netcode is perfect. It feels the same as offline. It does seem people can liberally use Special Style? I am fairly sure I played some Ranked matches and players were using it (because I would see the move list at their side).

I feel the matching is fast enough, but many people cancel because they are practicing. I do so too. There are some decent combos and tips in there. The game has fucking combo challenges, finally. I used to display and do sample combos in T7, but its not the same.

The chip damage is another thing that ensures offensive play. They really want players to go ham here.

The more I play it, the more I like it. It feels incredibly snappy and fast, I think its hard to go back to T7 after this one. Characters feel very different, they changed almost everything including animations. I think this game is the biggest shake up in the Tekken series, perhaps since 4 which was a radical change but didn't catch on.

The heat mode I don't fully understand yet, you can activate it with R1, or after certain specials. I do see it opens up a lot of options. Like Paul's Power fist, it has a heat engager which means you can follow it up for a combo which is pretty crazy.

I am playing with Paul and hes actually pretty fun. One laggy match aside the netcode is perfect. It feels the same as offline. It does seem people can liberally use Special Style? I am fairly sure I played some Ranked matches and players were using it (because I would see the move list at their side).

I feel the matching is fast enough, but many people cancel because they are practicing. I do so too. There are some decent combos and tips in there. The game has fucking combo challenges, finally. I used to display and do sample combos in T7, but its not the same.
You can use just think r1 as one move.
So you can use r1 move + 4,5 other moves to active the heat mode.
All this moves can use as combo extender move. R1 is bounce move (tekken 6) and others are srew/flip (tekken 7) move.
You can spam a lots of heat move while at the heat mode. Meaning you can spam a lots of rage drive moves ( Tekken 7).
But you press r1 again it'll end the heat mode. Or use other moves in combo will end the heat mode too.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I'm in Singapore and it's taking ages to find a match. Usually it takes me a minute tops to get a match in tekken 7. Now it's around 8 minutes to 12 minutes to get a match. Kinda ridiculous.
It's interesting that there aren't enough beta testers in Singapore.

Played it on PS5... Gameplay is good, but they didn't just nerfed one of Paul's base Combos, they fucked him (and mostly every other character) roally on the design side. A friend said it's like Rob Liefeld had an Art Deco fetish...

Top Bottom