• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Zero - 8 episode anime | Production I.G | Netflix, Aug. 29

Thaedolus

I thought the first couple episodes were interesting but random thought- what’s the problem with showing tits these days? Like every care is taken not to show a female nipple, like the female terminators all have hair covering their boobs and all the shots keep the main character’s nips out of sight. And they’re not shying away from gore, but in the first couple minutes a terminator steps on a head, it makes a sickening crack and blood oozes, but why not have it collapse into goo? People are shown holding their entrails; commit to the fucking bit

It’s like…I hate when something acts like it’s a “hard R” but pulls back in super obvious ways. Even The Boys, which I feel like goes over the top with its gore and profanity in a darkly humorous way, pulls back in some areas where I’m like…why?? It’s not that I need some drawn nipples here but their carefully crafted absence is conspicuous at best considering everything else they included.

Anyway, overall it seems worth continuing after 2 episodes

John Bilbo

I thought the first couple episodes were interesting but random thought- what’s the problem with showing tits these days? Like every care is taken not to show a female nipple, like the female terminators all have hair covering their boobs and all the shots keep the main character’s nips out of sight. And they’re not shying away from gore, but in the first couple minutes a terminator steps on a head, it makes a sickening crack and blood oozes, but why not have it collapse into goo? People are shown holding their entrails; commit to the fucking bit

It’s like…I hate when something acts like it’s a “hard R” but pulls back in super obvious ways. Even The Boys, which I feel like goes over the top with its gore and profanity in a darkly humorous way, pulls back in some areas where I’m like…why?? It’s not that I need some drawn nipples here but their carefully crafted absence is conspicuous at best considering everything else they included.

The female drawings couldn't give their consent to show their nipples so the producers of the show decided to take the safe route against future sexual harassment allegations.

near

Gold Member
I've watched the first 6 episodes now. It's decent. I don't like the characters much, Malcolm is a smart dumb character that seems to be making dumb choices as an intellectual. The action is good. The overarching plot is good, but the writing and dialogue are bad. It makes some cool and fun decisions using typical themes found in previous Terminator films. I particularly enjoyed episode 4's police station arc. If you're looking for a meaningful Terminator series, you probably won't find that here. But if you just want to switch your brain off and indulge in some action with unlikeable characters and poorly explored philosophical topics, this might be for you. I'll finish off the series tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

vpance

Half way through. I'll finish it but it's definitely not Project IG's best work with the janky animation quality. Made for good short cuts in the trailers though.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This was better than the complete shit more recent terminator movies but not as good as T1, T2, T3 and TSCC

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Ghost in the Shell had weird nipples, too. Might be an IG thing.

Fbh

Gold Member
Ended up watching all of it so I'd say it was at least entertaining enough for a lazy weekend, and better than some of the recent movies.
But yeah it's nothing special. The writing can be quite poor, most of the characters are either incompetent or dumb, and the animation quality is average.

More than anything though it just feels sort of generic, like this wasn't the product of some creative mind that truly thought they had some cool new take on the Terminator IP but rather just a designed by committee project that was made because somewhere an alarm went off letting executives know the IP hadn't been milked in X amount of time.

Still better than Tower of God S2 though lol

Ended up watching all of it so I'd say it was at least entertaining enough for a lazy weekend, and better than some of the recent movies.
But yeah it's nothing special. The writing can be quite poor, most of the characters are either incompetent or dumb, and the animation quality is average.

More than anything though it just feels sort of generic, like this wasn't the product of some creative mind that truly thought they had some cool new take on the Terminator IP but rather just a designed by committee project that was made because somewhere an alarm went off letting executives know the IP hadn't been milked in X amount of time.

Still better than Tower of God S2 though lol

The Sarah Connor Chronicles is so much better 👀

terminator 2 reaction s GIF

I got 1.5 episodes in and turned it off. Low-budget/poorly executed animation and art direction, silly action sequences, forgettable characters, and underwhelming music. The children are annoying too.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
finished it. fucking terrible waste of my life and i spend my life watching reaction youtubers all covering the same topic all having the same hot takes.

Top Bottom