• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry is coming to Street Fighter VI Autumn 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
h4i2j6s1azdd1.png

anthony2690

The 3 people still playing it will enjoy.

rbgJs0n.png

This is just the entry numbers at Evo...

And here is the steam player base, it has done a really good job of retaining a lot of players...

Looking forward to Terry, hopefully they improve the face before release, and I hope he isn't a charge character, as in newer kof games he doesn't have charge inputs anymore & he doesn't have them in the new fatal fury either :)

Last edited:
rbgJs0n.png

This is just the entry numbers at Evo...

And here is the steam player base, it has done a really good job of retaining a lot of players...

Looking forward to Terry, hopefully they improve the face before release, and I hope he isn't a charge character, as in newer kof games he doesn't have charge inputs anymore & he doesn't have them in the new fatal fury either :)
Im genuinely surprised, I thought this was ded for months.

Could have been:

- Urien
- Makoto
 - Sean
- Q/G
- Karin
-  ALEX
- HUGO AND POISON
- Ibuki
- Eagle
- Maki
- VEGAAAAA

You would think that SF 6 being a sequel to SF 3, that they would maybe focus more on getting, I don't know, Street Fighter 3 characters in.

But nope. Gotta be Terry. The most obvious and lazy choice imaginable.
A character that already is in other fighting games, with moves you have heard and seen before a billion times.

And later Mai, a character that will either cause "horny = funny" shit repeated to death everywhere, because that's the only thing people care about with Mai, or woke threads.

I will just wait for Elena to drop.
Fucking boring guest characters...

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Could have been:

- Urien
- Makoto
 - Sean
- Q/G
- Karin
-  ALEX
- HUGO AND POISON
- Ibuki
- Eagle
- Maki
- VEGAAAAA

You would think that SF 6 being a sequel to SF 3, that they would maybe focus more on getting, I don't know, Street Fighter 3 characters in.

A character that already is in other fighting games, with moves you have heard and seen before a billion times.

And later Mai, a character that will either cause "horny = funny" shit repeated to death everywhere, because that's the only thing people care about with Mai, or woke threads.

Terry would crush all of them.

FlyyGOD

Could have been:

- Urien
- Makoto
 - Sean
- Q/G
- Karin
-  ALEX
- HUGO AND POISON
- Ibuki
- Eagle
- Maki
- VEGAAAAA

Vega and Balrog will probably be in season 3. Makoto, Alex and Ibuki are the only other characters I find interesting from your list.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing his move set.

And it's funny, it's usually Ken with the terrible face but hopefully they listen to feedback and make a few changes.

I am forgiving of this choice because Mai/Terry’s announcement meant 3 huge things:

1) Capcom is now open to adding characters outside of Capcom franchises to Street Fighter.
2) Capcom and SNK have finally made steps towards rebuilding the bridge of their relationship. SvC Chaos being rereleased is another positive sign.
3) Due to number two, there is a high percent chance of us getting Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2 on modern systems and also, potentially a higher percent chance of CvS 3 potentially happening.

If the cost is adding Terry and Mai to SF6 for this domino effect, then so be it.

A lot of the characters are ugly in this game to be honest. Most of the characters that don't look ugly are the ones that weren't "supposed" to be pretty. Manon is ugly, Ken is ugly, Marisa and Kimberly are ugly. Jamie is sus looking. Luke look awful. They all look fine during actual gameplay though, so it doesn't bother me too much.

kunonabi

My issue with SFVI's visuals are the grey wash the game has to everything, the realistic art direction mixed with Capcom's continuing overly-designed cartoonist character designs that they've been pushing since 4 for the he new characters, and the mostly boring, safe character redesigns for the returning cast. Even using classic costumes isn't much help since the characters flat out don't resemble themselves and the character models are so awkward that they don't look good in the alt costume most of the time. Just look at Ken in his classic gi he looks like he literally swallowed a barrel whole. Don't even get me started on the background npcs. Hugo is a damn eyesore and for the longest time I thought poison was holding a baby instead of a cat.

Top Bottom