• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Rangers win the World Series

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Which other countries were in this 'World Series'?
we had the baseball world cup earlier this year with around 15 countries. is that a world series if not all 200 countries were present?

the players in this world series were from u.s, cuba, dominican republic, venezevala, canada and a bunch of other latin america countries.

willothedog

we had the baseball world cup earlier this year with around 15 countries. is that a world series if not all 200 countries were present?

the players in this world series were from u.s, cuba, dominican republic, venezevala, canada and a bunch of other latin america countries.

So just the America's :lollipop_confused:

Laieon

As an Astros fan I'm happy for my friends I have up in that area, the week following our run last year was a lot of fun.

I think it's hilarious how both teams were completely unable to win at home in the Houston/Arlington series.

The Baseball World Cup is certainly more notable and exciting than the World Series at this point imo, can't wait for the next one. I also got into baseball through the KBO though, so I'm all for anything that brings exposure to players from other leagues.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Last year it was Houston another Texas team for some context, to cheer up Arizona fans at least you’ve been exposed to playoff baseball.

GymWolf

Gold Member
chuck-norris-walker-texas-ranger.gif

LordCBH

Was pulling for the diamondbacks since they did me a favor and killed the Phillies. But either outcome was welcome.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good win. Who would had thought Texas and Dbacks would be in the finals. Dbacks were a barely above .500 team and allowed more runs to score than they scored in the regular season. Both teams had shit pitching too.

But it all came together being hot at the right time. Texas can score shitloads of runs.

And ya. My Jays suck ass. Every buddy of mine and myself had a hunch in preseason they team would struggle. Gave up too much hitting for defence and pitching. Came true. I made it a point nobody wins world series on defence. They had one of the best defences in the league but made no difference. The differential in runs saved from defence will never overcome losing a bunch of heavy hitters. The replacement bats they got in return were terrible. Everyone was like: we need Teoscar back.

Cant believe they traded Moreno and Gurriel for Varsho. Saw that a mile away a bad trade. Moreno is an awesome up and coming catcher and they got rid of him. Wow.

Last edited:
11 straight road wins in the playoffs, an MLB record.

By the way, here are the first letters of the teams the Rangers beat, in order;

Rays
Orioles
Astros
Diamondbacks

Yeah, that spells ROAD, lol.

3 road wins in Arizona to win it all...

Talk about a team of "destiny"!

You know whenever anyone says they don't believe in God or the supernatural turn them towards sports. Too much odd and bizarre shit happens that logic can't explain yet you can't help but think there's something out there having fun at our expense.

Top Bottom