• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd round Famitsu PSP vs NDS poll, the winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunlunqq

If i remembered correctly, NDS won the 1st round by a large margin...

This time, the 2nd round PSP vs NDS poll, and the winner is ... PSP! :D :D :D

Seems like the release of launch info and the showcase of games like RR really did it for PSP in Japan...

Some details about the results:

Based on 1000 ppl survery:

# of ppl who will buy PSP at launch increased to 26.6%
# of ppl who will buy NDS at launch decreased to 25.4%
# of ppl who will buy both at launch increased to 22%
# of ppl who will buy none at launch decreased to 26%

that survey only works if the same people are surveyed.

yes.. I think the PSP could be a real winner at its announced pricepoint. Even I am keen now.

Notorious

bios.gif

You would think the PSP would be way ahead since the low price was just announced. What were the numbers before PSP price anouncement?

I keep getting a "Playstation Vs Saturn" vibe from the PSP Vs DS pre-launch hype, and I really hope history doesn't repeat itself this time (with DS being the Saturn).

adelgary said:
I keep getting a "Playstation Vs Saturn" vibe from the PSP Vs DS pre-launch hype, and I really hope history doesn't repeat itself this time (with DS being the Saturn).

I'm still getting a Gameboy vs Gamegear vibe.

Insertia

That's peculiar considering I expected DS to appeal more to the Japanese market with its quirky features while PSP would appeal more to US and Euro markets with its great graphics, sleek design, and movie/music playback.

I guess PSP's cheap price and DS's kind of subpar launch games pushed it over the edge.

Insertia said:
That's peculiar considering I expected DS to appeal more to the Japanese market with its quirky features while PSP would appeal more to US and Euro markets with its great graphics, sleek design, and movie/music playback.

I guess PSP's cheap price and DS's kind of subpar launch games pushed it over the edge.

DS has an amazing launch in Japan. Subpar? Screw you!

Insertia said:
I think you may be right... If PSP is priced close enough to DS... PSP will crush DS in Europe.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
You would think the PSP would be way ahead since the low price was just announced
Actually, you'd think DS would be way ahead considering Nintendo's utter dominance and name recognition in the handheld arena. I guess it's time for people to accept that both devices will do just fine in the market

Marconelly said:
Actually, you'd think DS would be way ahead considering Nintendo's utter dominance and name recognition in the handheld arena. I guess it's time for people to accept that both devices will do just fine in the market

1,000 people in this poll is hardly a big percentage of the whole picture. But I do agree that both will do well, and I do believe most people will get both as well. They offer enough features on their own to warrant both purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom