• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught up on performances:

1. Beyoncé
  2. Robert Lamm
  3. Keith Urban
  4. Pharrell
  5. Robin Thicke
  6. Hunter Hayes
  7. Katy Perry
  8. Lorde

Lorde and Katy Perry were by far the worst, and Lorde was a special brand of suck all her own. Robin and Hunter Hayes were basically equally mediocre. I don't know how anyone could have been pleased with Robin. He couldn't manage to resonate to save his life and was yelling almost every note that came out of his mouth. Robert, on the other hand, was great for almost 70. I may be grading him on a slight curve but whatever.

I don't feel especially strongly about exact rankings - 3/4 are basically exchangeable for me, as are 5/6.
Stahp

DMeisterJ

Banned
I mean, of course Taylor would have the best performance. 100% live vocals too, unlike Beyoncé.

Katy and Taylor delivering live vocals unlike Beyoncé

j53PYRZ.jpg

Man, I totally forgot Panic Station was even nominated in this category. Which is wierd, mostly because that song is kind of terrible. Not even Survival "It's so insane it's great" terrible, just legitimately kind of terrible.

JABEE

I love how they cut a promotion for this show that made it seem like a sappy inspirational show. It wasn't a joke either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom