• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Grammy Awards |OT| Witness Greatness tonight at 8 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was very ambitious but they're just too many songs to cover if you are going to do it like that.

Realyyyyy think they should have done something from Blackstar as a somber closing though

LevelNth

Banned
Saw they snuck a quick picture of Bowie there in at the end to remind people it's supposed to be a tribute and not a Gaga showcase. Disappointing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That was very ambitious but they're just too many songs to cover if you are going to do it like that.

Realyyyyy think they should have done something from Blackstar as a somber closing though

Thought the same. He wanted to close it with that last album, I think it would've been great to follow that.

royalan

So THAT was the big GAGA/Intel collaboration that people have been hyping for months? That Windows 98 screen saver that was going on in the back of her performance?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I love Bowie to death but that was just cheesy. Sorry Gaga, I still think you're cool though.
Felt like an Elvis tribute with all the hits. Wham bam thank you ma'am indeed.

zoozilla

Why didn't they just do one song instead of a half-assed medley so you only got half a chorus of each song?

Eh, at least some of the visuals were nice.

I honestly found the way Gaga was trying to imitate Bowie's voice off-putting.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Gaga killed it
Heroes could have been a little more somber to finish but the performance as a whole worked

Kraftwerk

Artist like Bowie doesn't even need a medley. He is so well knkwn. And medley tributes are so overdone.

I think she should have stuck to one song, such as the piano rendition of sound and vision. She would have killed that one. It's short and sweet.

LionPride

Banned
Yo, I'm fucking sick of seeing folks saying Cole is better than K.Dot because they couldn't understand Alright/TBTB. TAKE YO L LIKE A KANYE FAN COLE STANS

Artist like Bowie doesn't even need a medley. He is so well knkwn. And medley tributes are so overdone.

I think she should have stuck to one song, such as the piano rendition of sound and vision. She would have killed that one. It's short and sweet.

I was hoping she'd do a solo piano of Life on Mars and Lady Stardust.

So THAT was the big GAGA/Intel collaboration that people have been hyping for months? That Windows 98 screen saver that was going on in the back of her performance?

Gotta agree.

Gaga's an amazing performer and that was still great to watch, but I was expecting something really big with the Intel partnership. Like... all that could have just come from one of her tours. Lol

Robot Pants

This one. Absolutely disgusting.
JamesOJones says:
February 15, 2016 at 7:15 pm
❥━━━————–❥>>>>home job for Every one>>>>❥—————-━━━❥
ᴍʏ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ’s ᴍᴏᴍ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs $73 ʜᴏᴜʀʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ . Sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ғᴏʀ 7 ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴡᴀs $20864 ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ʜᴏᴜʀs.
click this link….
➤➤➤➤➤➤ …Special-Work-At-Home…
❥━━━——————————-❥❥———————————━━━❥

Bishman

oWrCEnq.png

ROFL

Get'sMad

yeah

the man has waaaay too many classic songs to do something like that. so just do one.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

eh when bowie was renown for his visuals sitting down at a piano does him a disservice imo

Ivan 3414

He should have a medley. He's an older artist; there's tons of kids
millenials
who couldn't name two songs from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom