• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Grammy Awards |OT| Witness Greatness tonight at 8 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those asking what T-Swift said, she said she was the first woman to win twice for AOTY, and then went on to speak to the female audience by saying that there will always be people trying to push you down and diminish your work. Not verbatim, but she was very clearly referring to the Kanye line "I made that bitch famous"

Kaizer

Banned
Pitbull time.

Abandoning+thread+nope_463087_4534103.gif

LMAO, yep.

Does Taylor Swift think that jumping up and down like a super, happy rainbow pony loving 12 year old on meds every time she loses a major award detracts attention away from the fact she's not winning at the moment?

Man this show was going so well too.

Some good performances and some awesome people were winning.

And then they end it with those last few awards and that performance, ugh

I dunno, like I'm a fan of Taylor but I disliked 1989. It was a more radio friendly, overproduced 'Red' which in my opinion is the better album. Whereas Kendrick had the most culturally relevant album which really captured the zeitgeist of American black race relations in the last 10 years. I dunno how it won. Guess they wanted to appease the bigger fanbase...

Pacbois

What is depressing with that 1989 wins is that it shows that the Grammys prefered swedish megaproducer powered cookie cutter pop over TPAB mostly because of politics I guess.

But maybe I'm just salty.

injurai

Banned
I won't hate on 1989. Swift's last two albums have been pretty alright by new in terms of pop.

But it's not a historic release. Not like TPAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom