• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 59th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| The Year Of Realizing Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Being gay isn't a choice though.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't mean someone being religious in front of us is FORCING it on us.

I despise religion. But if it helps someone in their life and they're not using it as an excuse for hate and it still bothers you -- the problem in that situation is you.

zero_suit

Here's my rank for their skill sets.

Prince:
Dancing: B
Vocals: A
Instruments: S
Stage presence: A
Song writing: A

Bruno:
Dancing: S
Instruments: A
Stage presence: A
Song Writing: B

Michael Jackson
Dancing: S
Instruments: C
Stage presence: S
Song writing: S

Going by his best songs, that should be another S.

Quonny

I'm aware of that. That doesn't mean someone being religious in front of us is FORCING it on us.

I despise religion. But if it helps someone in their life and they're not using it as an excuse for hate and it still bothers you -- the problem in that situation is you.
I mean, he quite literally said "everyone you better get on your feet and start praising". If that's not forcing, I dunno what to tell you.

I found it a minor annoyance but honestly come tomorrow I'm going to forget all about it.

conpfreak

There's nothing wrong being religious, but Chance is so "bait and switch" with it. Fans of Chance aren't there because of his gospel. Sorry, not sorry.

LionPride

Banned
There's nothing wrong being religious, but Chance is so "bait and switch" with it. Fans of Chance aren't there because of his gospel. Sorry, not sorry.

And his most popular album is more of a gospel influenced joint. The thing that gained him mainstream success is gospel ain't no bait and switch

DOWN

Banned
I both think Chance is being harmlessly religious and also tossing it into places where it wasn't an interest

Gospel is alright. Chances album just sucked that's it.

Good memoriam segment. That beach boys song is awesome. Not a fan of the cover tho.

jrush64

Banned
Pretty surprised by this.

rN5VDdR.png

Bladenic

Religion is poisonous trash but it's to be expected so I can't be mad. Besides Chance was like "nah I'm gonna keep talking" when the music started playing so I def can't be mad at him

Religion is poisonous trash but it's to be expected so I can't be mad. Besides Chance was like "nah I'm gonna keep talking" when the music started playing so I def can't be mad at him

Religion has helped a lot of people live happier, more hopeful lives. Some people take it too far, but that happens with everything. I'm not religious, but I don't think religion is all bad.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm Agnostic and loved the gospel section's of Chance's album. Gospel is/was incredibly important in the movement for Civil Rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom