• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Mediocre!

I love The Revenant, but directing is not an award it shoulda won. way too heavy handed on the dream/ghost vision part. Miller should won this!

Maengun1

Ugh, I follow Oscar politicking super closely so I knew this was going to happen, but actually watching it is so bleh. The Revenant was so mediocre and it was probably my LEAST favorite DiCaprio performance in the last decade :/

Poor Miller/Mad Max

Smellycat

They need to eff off with that music. He barely starting talking....

And it is kind of funny that with all this racist talk, a Mexican director has won 4 Academy awards in the last 2 years.

Sethista

This is ok, but its ridiculous that the best technical movie in almoat every aspect does not have the best director.

Oscars be oscars

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Both Inarritu and Miller deserved. The Revenant direction is flawless. Light work is unbeliveble.

dCGKCqa.jpg

Trivia time: Alejandro González Iñárritu is the first person to win back-to-back Best Director Oscars since Joseph L. Mankiewicz in 1949 and 1950.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Man, Mad Max (Miller) deserved the best director. Dude has been putting together this movie for 10 years and made everyone go through this arduous journey for his vision.

But come on man. Revenant was so hard to make. Haven't you heard? Leo ACTUALLY at liver man. It was so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom