• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from seeing War Of The Planet Of The Apes about 90 minutes ago.

My opinion is.
zXHfQ82.gif

Easy contender for film of the year.

You guys and girls need to see this over the weekend, if you can.

Having seen the movie he fucking Deserves one.

i havent seen the previous tho

Shy

Dude is on fire right now. As long as he doesn't stink up the room as director, I think he'll get it.
I hope so. But i think there's still some prejudice against performance capture acting.
Watching it tomorrow. Just finished watching the first two films today, since it's been a good minute since I saw the first. Looking forward to it.
Yessssss, I can't wait, seeing it later tonight, don't usually go to premieres but I have to for this.
Hope you guys enjoy the film.
I look forward to Klaw
He's got-tier in this.
i havent seen the previous tho
You don't need to.

There's some text at the beginning, to bring people up to speed that haven't seen the previous films.

D i Z

I hope so. But i think there's still some prejudice against performance capture acting.

Yeah. But his face is out there, and about to be plastered all over the place again before Feb as well as another mocap performance. Cautiously optimistic.

I was about to stop watching The Weekend, but it started to get stupid when the main character's homeboy rolled up to his job at a jerk chicken place and ran one of the customer's off talking about how eating a chicken is ploy from the man to keep us in the slave mentality. It's still taking too long for them to find the money already.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Looking back, Marceline being my favorite character on Adventure Time as a teen was probably the precursor to me being super into hipster chicks now.

D i Z

When you grow up and look back you will laugh

*flash back to Slayven's thing for goth chicks in the 90s*

*snaps Slay out of his 90210 and Gidget fantasies*

Dawg..... the children.....

Zendaya in "Spiderdude comes home to be caught yet again " is a hipster? These terms are getting loose.

LotusHD

Banned
Not to be that dude, but when you say "hipster chicks in media"...do real people, or flesh and blood actors qualify (given the example that you responded to). Genuine question.

Either works, animated or not, like the examples Bronx posted.

Wendy in Gravity Falls, Sam from Dear White People, Zendaya in Homecoming, that's right off the top of my head

Damn, I guess I'm into "hipster" chicks too lol

Does Wendy actually count though? Then again, hipster is one of those things nowadays where I'd struggle to give an accurate definition on the spot, yet feel like I could identify nonetheless.

*snaps Slay out of his 90210 and Gidget fantasies*

Dawg..... the children.....

Zendaya in "Spiderdude comes home to be caught yet again " is a hipster? These terms are getting lose.

Yea, it's certainly become vaguer, for me at least lol

Finished watching it. It was alright. It's basically a British version of those hood comedies you might watch on TV on a bored afternoon. Had all the cliches and similar story beats: incompetent drug dealers, the local crackhead, hustleman, money has changed you shit. At least the love interest wasn't light skinned. It's alright though. I just needed something stupid to watch to cheer myself and it did its job.

D i Z

Sure, one day soon when I'm not a mess. I don't want to have to spend the road trip in the trunk like the last people I road tripped with threatened to do.

Next you'll all be referencing Paul Lynde or Annette Funicello.

What's wrong with the trunk? Best sleep I've ever had.

And Don't bring up Annette....

You'll push my dude into some flashbacks.

D i Z

Uncle Sam should get the first cut before anyone gets paid.

Jandro handle my light work

Oh, Slay...
It never gets easier telling you this yet again...

Jando passed. You're talking about Jandro's son. He's been keeping you.

You really should have taken more photo's back in your Woodstock days.
They let you keep shit like that.

Faustek

I like to think a black woman took them aside and was like "No, baby"

That has to become a prerequisite.

Zendaya in Spidey Isn't a fucking hipster.

Hopefully they'll knock each other out.

God i feel old.

I'm still not sure what a Hipster is. All these names people put on stuff usually just ends up being a fancy word for ass.

It's called experienced my friend. Experienced.

That ice bucket challenge he did killed me

So in the history of BCT, has someone posed as a black person and then found out to be white later?

It's called bi-racial my friend.

I did not type that without getting angry

Faustek

So Shy is the muscles if you need something here....well go figure. That politeness must have hidden something.

Shy we need to talk. Some bastard at work are always nibbling away at the cookies I bring for our coffee breaks.

It's me...I can't stop myself from bringing a few extra just for me.

Faustek

Btw is Retron 5 still worth it or should I invest in Retro freak? My retron 5 is kinda dead and have a seller here that'll sell it for third of the usual price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom