• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyGuy

Okay, I've got a question that I'm hoping one of you people can help me with.

Currently my fave BT client is BitComet, I used to use ABC but then there were some torrents that wouldn't download with ABC but then ended up working with BitComet. So that's why I switched.

Anyway, now I have two that work in ABC but not in BitComet, so here's the situation:

In BitComet, let's say a torrent has 5 files ("five.torrent") with (1.txt, 2.txt, 3.txt, 4.txt, 5.txt) and I already have files 1, 2, and 4. In BitComet when I open the five.torrent file I can deselect 1, 2, and 4 and only download parts 3 and 5.

I seem to be unable to do that in ABC, so here are the questions:

1) *CAN* I do that in ABC but just haven't found it?

2) Are there other clients that let me do that?

THanks guys and gals in advance! :)

ShyGuy

So this is my last ditch attempt to get some help on this subject before I ask around at other forums, so can anyone help me?? Surely there are plenty of people here who use BT that might know the answer... :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't believe that is possible in ABC, I can't really recall seeing the option at least.

I use BitTornado, and you can do it in that(You can give priority to certain files or have them not download ever)

I haven't had the need to do that yet (I use ABC) so I wouldn't know. Just ask at *cough*your favourite BT site's forums*cough. They'll give you a much quicker and better response then here.

Rlan

Azureus allows this, just select the files to 'do not download'. I do it all the time.

Speaking of, is there any way of deselecting finished files in Azerus, or deleting finished files without the program creating new dummy files? I don't have a lot of hard disc space left, and I need to delete some stuff to fit it, and I don't want to wait until everythhing is finsihed.

Tenguman

Chalk me up as an Azureus lover. It's one of the best memory-managed torrent programs out there (which is kind of funny considering it's based in Java). With BitTornado, a torrent can take up to 15mb on average. Five of them open means a near 100mb system-memory usage. Azureus, however, seems to average around 20mb regardless of how many torrents are working.

There are probably even better memory solutions out there for downloading torrents, but I doubt they have the functionality and design of Azureus.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Tenguman-I'm the exact opposite. Bittornado hardly uses up any of my resources, and the last time I upgraded Azureus(I think it was the first update with the frog type logo on the splash screen) it started slowing my computer to a crawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom