• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chicago White Sox are about to become the G.O.A.T…

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
…At losing with 21 games in a row now going on 22 for the record since 1899.

And watching the last game; it’s like a crappy movie that is so bad that it’s good:

sBBRMxS.png

Next game is at 9:30pm EST

🐐

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I feel bad for one of the kids I have worked with and been around his entire life Colson Montgomery getting drafted there and not called up to get some big league ABs
Oddly enough the last game was the first MLB appearance for Ky Bush as starting pitcher…now he is officially in the MLB with an ERA of 6.75.…just because he’s with the White Sox, so maybe your co-worker dodged a bullet? 😁

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Oddly enough the last game was the first MLB appearance for Ky Bush as starting pitcher…now he is officially in the MLB with an ERA of 6.75.…just because he’s with the White Sox, so maybe your co-worker dodged a bullet? 😁
Well I meant I helped him with his pitching mechanics growing up but yeah still maybe he would better off getting traded or something

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Well I meant I helped him with his pitching mechanics growing up but yeah still maybe he would better off getting traded or something
I knew someone that pissed away a virtually guaranteed MLB career away over some petty theft just before spring training with a major team. Placed on leave then fired before making roster... It blew my mind though; you’re due to get almost 500k in a year (was 440k or something like that on starting contract)…and you’re fucking stealing relatively cheap shit? (think it was a pair of sunglasses FFS).

There’s people who fight their whole lives to get there and never get there or get there and are immediately smacked back down. Seeing them do that to themselves was excruciating.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thy also traded Fedde who was doing great this year. Although historically hes a lousy pitcher and already got nailed in his first game on STL.

At least they didnt gas Crochet. Ace.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I knew someone that pissed away a virtually guaranteed MLB career away over some petty theft just before spring training with a major team. Placed on leave then fired before making roster... It blew my mind though; you’re due to get almost 500k in a year (was 440k or something like that on starting contract)…and you’re fucking stealing relatively cheap shit? (think it was a pair of sunglasses FFS).

There’s people who fight their whole lives to get there and never get there or get there and are immediately smacked back down. Seeing them do that to themselves was excruciating.
For awhile I was working with incoming rookies with the St Louis Cards to try and acclimate them into the life of being a big leaguer but 99% of them was like talking to a brick wall so I quit after a couple of seasons

But yeah I have seen that before, someone pissing away a lot of money over stupid shit

TransTrender

Gold Member
For some more context:
They have won 28 games and lost 88. They are 41 games behind the division leader.
There are only 46 more games left in the regular season.

I'm sure there are more interesting stats than this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm sure there are more interesting stats than this.
Skimming their stats, the team only has 7 triples. Every other team has double digit. The top team is at 35.

Their pitching is awful at second worst ERA in the league, but quality starts is 20th in the league at 39. So not that horrible. But no bats and bad BP = losses.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Ain’t got nothing Edmonton Elks… probably the worst pro team in pro sports… ever. They went like 1100 days without winning a game at home and only won like 5 games in 1500 days.

Dural

Been a Sox fan for over 30 years, this has been the most pathetic, embarrassing, season to be a fan. I haven't worn a Sox hat since the first month of the season.

Thy also traded Fedde who was doing great this year. Although historically hes a lousy pitcher and already got nailed in his first game on STL.

At least they didnt gas Crochet. Ace.

They also traded Tatis Jr for a shitty starting pitcher, Chris Sale for prospects that never turned out, and Reynaldo Lopez went to Atlanta and became an All Star. Dylan Cease had one of the best three game stretches in July ever for the Padres. It's pathetic looking at all the talent the team has had and traded away or let go. We're shit at developing talent and when we have talent we trade it away.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Been a Sox fan for over 30 years, this has been the most pathetic, embarrassing, season to be a fan. I haven't worn a Sox hat since the first month of the season.
Well it would suck wearing the White Sox hat at this point, considering the switch to paper bags:
yjTQ9AN.jpeg

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
While they broke the streak at the last minute, they are still on track for the worst win/loss record in MLB history by losing the last game 🐐. ..

They are now at 28 wins and 89 losses…they just have to beat the record of the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics who went 36-117…and the next team Chicago faces is against *Drumroll*…Chicago. 🤣

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

They also traded Tatis Jr for a shitty starting pitcher, Chris Sale for prospects that never turned out, and Reynaldo Lopez went to Atlanta and became an All Star. Dylan Cease had one of the best three game stretches in July ever for the Padres. It's pathetic looking at all the talent the team has had and traded away or let go. We're shit at developing talent and when we have talent we trade it away.
At some point Crochet will be gone too. I dont follow chisox, but I expect teams like Oakland, TB, Florida and the like to be cheap sellers. Not chisox. Then again, maybe they are that kind of team now.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
At some point Crochet will be gone too. I dont follow chisox, but I expect teams like Oakland, TB, Florida and the like to be cheap sellers. Not chisox. Then again, maybe they are that kind of team now.
They got two teams though…and frankly, not to insult anyone from Chicago but they’re not New York or LA where they have the population and wealth (financial backing) to easily support two teams in the same city.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
7-1 currently for the Cubs…
They ended that game at 7-6, so they at least made some effort despite being late, but partially because the Cubs basically fell asleep, (to be fair the Sox actually looked more like an actual MLB team than I have ever seen them over the last couple games)…thing is I’m not watching them to win; some people just want to see a pair of socks burn 🤡

And the next game is tonight 7:45pm EST again against the Cubs in the subway series, then it’s the New York Yankees for three games, and then the Astros both teams basically tied for top of their respective confrences….it can’t get any more entertaining:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom