• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The coolest enemies in gaming?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not long ago we had a thread about the most annoying enemies in gaming. Figured we could have a similar one, but from a more positive point of view!

So for me, one of the coolest enemies in videogames has it has to be this dude, which features in one of my favorite parts of one of my favorite games:

LOZ_OOT_Dark_Link.png

The setup is amazing: you are exploring a temple and suddenly enter this weird but cool looking room. You walk forward and, before you realize, you have lost your reflection on the ground's water only to realize that it has materialized into an evil version of yourself. Then the mini-boss music starts playing letting you know you are about to get your shit pushed in:

The enemy itself is great too. OOT is quite an easy game when it comes to it's combat, yet this one can punish you in many ways, deflecting most of your attacks unless you know what you are doing and even jumping on top of your sword when you dare doing a stab attack.

PqQwA3.gif

Thankfully the game offers multiple ways of cheesing the fight, making it far easier and on par with the rest of the game. This sort of feels like a puzzle the first time you face him, since you have to try all the stuff you have in order to find something that works.

Thing is, the game still allows you to beat him just with the master sword, resulting in the most challenging and tense part of the game, and arguably one of the best parts of the game imo. Also, realizing how to beat it this way is also a puzzle on it's own, an optional one, which makes it even cooler imo.

So tell me GAF! What are some of your favorite enemies in videogames?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dark Souls Boss GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Artorias from Dark Souls
This one's up there for me too.

Coming from the base game, this boss felt much more nible and dynamic, and also way harder. You could tell FROM was putting some of the stuff they learned up to this point to make this boss as cool as possible.

The_hunter

Bayonetta 2 angels.

There is no enemy health bar for minor enemies, instead they have armor made of ceramic that you break with your giant demon punches revealing their internal organs and bones. All the angels have modelled and detailed organs.

xSVZIDU.jpeg

A fun thing to do against the centaur angels is to call down a giant demon heel to bury them, then run up to them and spam the Y button to spank them.:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
The antlions in Half Life were great - they looked terrifying but you could absolutely shred them.

The werewolf vicar in Bloodborne was badass too.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Yeah! But also fuck them lol. Dudes felt like ai-bots more than enemies, which I'm sure was the shit back then.

iNFqf4x.jpeg

Horse guy, Bloodborne. The coolest of the cool and you can tell by that breath!
Great pick. Best transition from stage 1 to stage 2 FROM has ever made, shit gave me goosebumps.

Top Bottom