• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises the game (ios, android) |OT| All the batmen in your pocket.

Teaser Trailer

mza_2086382602557512284.480x480-75.jpg

mza_7610609954053337722.480x480-75.jpg

mza_5707276350856380962.480x480-75.jpg

Itunes Link ~$7

Android Link (when i can find it)

The epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy arrives on iPhone and iPad in the exclusive video game inspired by the movie.

THE EXCLUSIVE GAME INSPIRED BY THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
After being gone for eight years, Bruce Wayne gets back into action as Batman. Waiting for him are the mysterious Selina Kyle, and Bane, a lethal adversary on a crusade to tear apart Batman’s legacy piece by piece. Meet all of Batman’s allies and regain your strength to protect Gotham City from Bane. Become completely immersed in the story thanks to likenesses of all the movie’s main characters like Catwoman, Lucius Fox and Commissioner Gordon.

AN EPIC GAMING EXPERIENCE
Dozens of missions plus random events will make you feel all the thrill of being a superhero. Deal with hostage situations, bomb squads, jailbreaks and car chases to prove that you’re the true protector of Gotham. A thrilling fighting system that puts you right in the heart of the action thanks to many different moves and cinematic effects. Collect items hidden within the city to unlock upgrades and new fighting skills for Batman.

PLAY AS THE DARK KNIGHT
Access Batman’s complete arsenal and learn how to take full advantage of each tool. Use the Grapnel to cross the city or to defeat foes, throw the Batarang to knock out your enemies or to hit a distant button; the possibilities are infinite. When kicks and gadgets are of no use, The Dark Knight relies on his vehicles to get the job done. Drive the Bat-Pod for special vigilante missions or pilot The Bat for fast travel across the city.

EXPERIENCE GOTHAM AS YOU NEVER HAVE BEFORE
Explore the entire city of Gotham and its different districts spread across a huge map and enjoy stunning graphics for total immersion in the dark universe of Batman.

EXCLUSIVE tiered release to match movie release schedule.

July 20th

AUSTRALIA
NEW ZEALAND
U.S.
U.K.
INDIA
INDONESIA
HONG KONG
SOUTH KOREA
MALAYSIA
PHILIPPINES
SINGAPORE
THAILAND

July 21st

TAIWAN

July 25th

BELGIUM
FINLAND
FRANCE
HOLLAND
ICELAND
NORWAY
SWEDEN
SWITZ-FRENCH

July 26th

CROATIA
CZECH REP.
DENMARK
GERMANY
HUNGARY
RUSSIA
SERBIA
SLOVAKIA
SLOVENIA
SPAIN
SWITZ-GERMAN
UKRAINE
ARGENTINA
BOLIVIA
CHILE
PERU
PUERTO RICO

July 27th

AUSTRIA
BULGARIA
CYPRUS
ESTONIA
LATVIA
LITHUANIA
POLAND
ROMANIA
SOUTH AFRICA
TURKEY
BRAZIL
COLOMBIA
MEXICO
PANAMA
URUGUAY
VANEZUELA

July 28th

JAPAN
CHINA (TBC)

August 2nd

ISRAËL
PORTUGAL

August 15th

EGYPT

August 16th

LEBANON
MIDDLE EAST (OTHER)
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

August 23rd

GREECE

August 29th

ITALY

First 5 min of the game. Potential movie spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OSvcnSYZW7E

So pretty much Batman AC, but with vehicles and probably a lot more clunky and less polished. I've paid much for for shitty movie games in the past, so if it's anyway decent, i'll be satisfied.

vazel

Banned
Getting a VA for Batman must've been easy for Gameloft. "Just do the worst gravelly voice you can, just like Christian Bale!"

game is out in US.

still debating if i should pick this up...

I guess i should watch the movie first, and then determine my purchase by hype lol.

volpone

Banned
I knew it was a pipedream but after the mess that was Arkham City's plot, I wishfully hoped that Rocksteady might be working on a videogame adaptation to the Dark Knight Trilogy. I found it strange that out of all the incarnations of Batman that were available that the Christian Bale version was absent considering how phenomenally popular The Dark Knight was. But with the in-game hints towards another Arkham game and the rumours concerning a silver-age prequel I guess this and the Batman Begins game are the closest we will ever get.

Ah well. A man can dream.

CryptiK

Its pretty much Arkham Series for Mobiles and Gameloft make some amazing games these days I dont get the hate(except the obvious game clones)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Finally finished this game a few days ago and I quite enjoyed it. There was some glitches here and there but for what it is, an iOs game, it was good. The free roaming world is quite a feat for a mobile game. I loved beating the hell out of the thugs in the game while comming home from work.

Top Bottom