• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Timer now pauses during combat

What exactly does that mean? Can you return fire? Can you kill without resetting it? Or is it just paused while under fire?

A little ambiguous.

Silvard

Destiny gets 1 year exclusivity for content on PS4 and nobody cares. The Division gets 30 day exclusivity on Xbone and everyone goes into full on rage mode. Makes sense.

The reason I ask because this is different from Destiny, and much worse.

Sure, Destiny on PS4 (PS3?) had timed exclusivity on some content for up to a year, but it was basically a small handful of strikes, maps and weapons (and armor skins, but those barely count). And while Destiny already had a dearth of content which aggravated the circumstances, in the end they were far from major content and were separate from the progression of the game. The actual DLC as such was released day and date across all platforms.

On The Division it appears that all content drops, major or not, tied to the narrative or gameplay modes or not, will be delayed on non-Xbox platforms. That seems to be quite different and in my opinion much worse. Still won't prevent me from playing the game but I wouldn't compare it positively to Destiny's situation.

Tecnniqe

Banned

What exactly does that mean? Can you return fire? Can you kill without resetting it? Or is it just paused while under fire?

A little ambiguous.

Killing = more time as you rank up

Its probably the same as in CB, you take damage and timer stops for a few sec until you stop taking damage, now it seems to be flagging in fight as the same.

First time playing this, can't fucking wait ever since I read the reviews in that closed beta thread. 2ish more hours and I'll have the game preloaded.

Excited AF.

So i just received an email from Ubi that i can predownload the beta now. But on the Xbox site it says i already bought it. So the same beta from a few weeks ago is simply going to work then?

Tagyhag

That map seems so small.

When are they going to add more portions of it? I fear this is going to be another Destiny situation all over again.

FX-GMC

So i just received an email from Ubi that i can predownload the beta now. But on the Xbox site it says i already bought it. So the same beta from a few weeks ago is simply going to work then?

I assume so as my Closed Beta install was updated recently.

That map seems so small.

When are they going to add more portions of it? I fear this is going to be another Destiny situation all over again.

The map is roughly the same size as Fallout 4's map. I don't consider that small.

deoee

That map seems so small.

It's huge imo
TheDivision_MapFinal-850x560.jpg

+ buildings + roofs + underground

yes...that client will get patched for the Open Beta (if you still have it downloaded)

if you deleted it then just download it again and it'll be the new Open Beta version

Tovarisc

Closed beta client got small patch, which converted it into open beta client.

Edit:
Someone posted this on the division subreddit:

5pg4DPH.jpg

AUG BABY HERE I COME!

(Doubt they are in the Beta since max level is level 12)

I hope Steyr AUG also comes in AR variant, and not just as that 9mm SMG variant.

That map seems so small.

The Season Pass expands the underground (because when you think of NYC, you think of the subway tunnels amirite people?) but there hasn't been any word on Brooklyn or other parts of the city. So yeah, I feel the same way about it's future - as someone who actually lives in NYC, tthe current playable section doesn't seem very large at all. If there really is a dearth of content, then I can happily send it back knowing that I only spent ~$10 in renting it.

The map is roughly the same size as Fallout 4's map. I don't consider that small.
Uhh source? I'm finding this impossible to believe. It's such a small part of the city.

Archpath1

That map seems so small.

idk man its pretty big when your actually in there, beta feels like 1/7 of the full map
plus dont forget, going in buildings, subways, underground

Flaxh

Reading the patch notes and realizing that they fixed most of the stuff I disliked in the CB made me even more hyped for this!

Add Flaxh on Uplay guys

Flaxh

I really hope hey continue this patch style.

Yeah, even though I enjoyed the CB it didn't sold me on the game but if they keep improving it based on the player's feedback (which was great btw) I might pick this up after launch.

Piscus

Timer pops up next to ya. When it hits zero you are back to normal
It's timed, and every time you kill someone after you go rogue you get elevated to the next rogue level and the timer gets higher. Once the timer goes down you are no longer rogue.
you get put on a timer...the more rogue you go (Level 1, 2, 3, etc) the higher the timer gets

there's a damage threshold though so if you shoot at someone accidentally for a shot or two you won't go automatically rogue (you get warned your actions could lead you to be classified rogue)
Once you go rogue you get Rogue Rank 1-5, which increase the time before it goes away. It also increase the reward for killing you, and for you surviving it.
To go Rogue you need to inflict 15-20% of a player health. If you go rogue, whole group goes rogue (depends on distance).
Wow, you guys are champs. Thanks a ton!

Smash88

Banned
I got the Gold Edition and got the Agent Origins code before they went all super secret no proxy allowed use a good VPN or no free skins. Guess that went to waste, meh.

A little ambiguous.

It used to reset the timer when you shot anyone while rogue. Now it just pauses it momentarily and continues counting down (assuming you reached max rogue rank), which IMO is a really good change; before that you were basically fucked max rogue rank since shooting anyone would keep resetting the timer making you perpetually in rogue-mode until you somehow evaded long enough or died.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...re-Order/b8bb0355-02f7-4e1c-a7cc-f37075bff57f

Yeah not sure if its GOLD only, but yeah, its there right next to the Season Pass @ Xbox

Edit: Season Pass alone lists it so yeah

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...son-Pass/485f0512-5668-4206-84a7-de81c887eb0b

Sweet, I'm on PS4 and went Gold in the end... Knew it had outfits in the description but this is the first proper details of them, hopefully they're the same in addition to the national guard one.

Archpath1

i'm kinda hoping crafting is good, i wonder if its use will be just for filler gear, or if you can actually create some late game gear thats comparable to the best stuff

Kabouter

Well the map is actually huge.

It's not small, certainly, but I think they will get a lot of complains about map size regardless due to a number of famous New York areas that are not included. The downside of having what is probably the world's best known city as your setting I suppose. I really hope they eventually add Central Park (and not just as a dark zone if possible :p)

thenameDS

Well my download is finished, now I just have to wait patiently till tomorrow. Missed out on the CB did they give out special items to participants?

I also bought the Gold edition and it let me download it already and all the items that come with the season pass. Is that normal?

i'm kinda hoping crafting is good, i wonder if its use will be just for filler gear, or if you can actually create some late game gear thats comparable to the best stuff

Well we know that you breakdown your weapons into parts which in turn end up the same rarity, so my guess is it's like Diablo 3. If you have legendary weapons, they break down into legendary parts; if you get a legendary blueprint and have enough legendary parts then you can create that legendary weapon from the blueprint.

Smash88

Banned
It's not small, certainly, but I think they will get a lot of complains about map size regardless due to a number of famous New York areas that are not included. The downside of having what is probably the world's best known city as your setting I suppose. I really hope they eventually add Central Park (and not just as a dark zone if possible :p)

https://youtu.be/52EK5xRtnJM?t=288

Marco is the definitive go-to guy for The Division related content. He actually mapped it out, and compared it to GTA V and Fallout 4.

For the TL;DW crowd it's the same size as Fallout 4 end-to-end and the size of the main city in GTA V.

I really hope that people don't come to a baseless conclusion of it being too small, when compared to other games that have come out it's on par, if not better because of the sheer density of the world vs. Fallout 4. GTA V is still crazy in scope, but that's a given since the amount of work and budget they have is easily double/triple that of The Division.

Tovarisc

Well we know that you breakdown your weapons into parts which in turn end up the same rarity, so my guess is it's like Diablo 3. If you have legendary weapons, they break down into legendary parts; if you get a legendary blueprint and have enough legendary parts then you can create that legendary weapon from the blueprint.

Not sure if Diablo 3 is best example to put out there, gear that you can craft in that game via blacksmith is useless :D

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well my download is finished, now I just have to wait patiently till tomorrow. Missed out on the CB did they give out special items to participants?

I also bought the Gold edition and it let me download it already and all the items that come with the season pass. Is that normal?

Closed Alpha had cosmetics so did CB and now OB.

Yes Xbox downloads everything that's ready to download right away. That's why we now know the Season Pass content so far=)

Tratorn

I kinda wish they'd do a "buy 50€ credit, get 10€ back"-thing with paypal on PSN again.
I want the digital gold edition but I'd never pay 100€ for that, no matter how many hours I can potentially put into the game.
80€ would be okay.

dunneh

Neo Member
Do you think playing with a pad on PC would put me at a disadvantage in PvP?

Seems so much more comfortable playing this type of game with a pad. Can't get on with KB+M nowadays.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Do you think playing with a pad on PC would put me at a disadvantage in PvP?

Seems so much more comfortable playing this type of game with a pad. Can't get on with KB+M nowadays.

To some degree yes.

Stick vs Mouse will never compare in twitch aim and accuracy, however as TP game its a bit less punishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom