• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

HowZatOZ

Banned
Finally have time now that I completed DS2, jumped back in and picking up where I left off. Noticed a bit of performance stuttering in some places but seems far more stable now, also barely find any bots which is so good.

hepburn3d

They ever fix it so you couldn't exit the game in a personal instance and load the game back up and have all the jars in the area respawned? I remember getting about 30 books that way when I was still playing :p

That's been fixed.

Everywhere I go everything is looted, don't know if its bots or players. I've yet to find a chest/cupboard in a house not already looted.

Finding Racial Motifs is going to be hard, like 0.01% drop chance * 0.001% chance of finding a container = 0.00001% :(

KePoW

Banned
Everywhere I go everything is looted, don't know if its bots or players. I've yet to find a chest/cupboard in a house not already looted.

I'm pretty sure the normal containers in houses/etc are individual to each player. So if another player next to you loots one, I don't think it actually makes it empty for you.

BizzyBum

DERP

fAAZhpF.png

Heartfyre

Finally got a chance to sink my teeth into this now that my finals are out of the way. Looking forward to hundreds of hours of monster-bashing. Can someone send me an invite to the EU guild? My user ID is as here: Heartfyre.

From today's announcement.

Offline maintenance will begin on Thursday, May 22 (tomorrow!) at 8 AM EDT for the North American megaserver and at 10 PM EDT for the European Megaserver. Craglorn and the rest of Update 1 will be available to players after the end of the maintenance period.

How so? Most people play MMOs in borderless, so you can have browser/info on your second monitor

Why would they remove borderless as an option?

Myself, I prefer full screen. Hopefully they don't remove borderless as an option, just add full screen support. That is what I meant as this is a good thing.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Thought I'd pop this in here, we had the chance to speak with Zenimax Online Studios creative director Paul Sage on all things Craglorn and its a rather juicy one!
Our original plan was to bump up Veteran Ranks with every significant content push. That may change as we let the majority of the players catch up. We want to make sure a majority of our players enjoy our content updates.

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3442023

BizzyBum

Are there quests associated with Hai-Helai in Shadowfen? I'm missing 3 and I went there and it definitely looks like a questing area but I didn't see any.

I forget, was it you who had a dual GPU setup as well? If so, that gives me some hope. It's been annoying having the game vary wildly between 30 and 60fps.
Yup, that was me. I have 2x 7970s.

Before patch I was getting 40-45 FPS in towns, including empty keeps in Cyrodiil. This was with shadows on medium and distance down to like 40.

The lowest FPS I saw today was 50 in Windhelm with everything absolutely maxed. 60FPS in Cyrodiil, but I didn't check zerg fights as servers were empty. They are probably going to still be on the low end though.

Mother of Christ, either this patch has issues or my computer has chosen to go off the deep end at just this time.

So if I have only one of my three monitors being used, launching the game causes what can only charitably be called visual artifacting. In reality, it's like the screen is scrambled. It flickers, the screen wraps around, and moving the mouse makes it go fucking bananas. It hurts my eyes to look at for more than a few seconds. If I exit the game, this doesn't end it: it continues in the desktop until I turn on a second monitor.

If I use a second monitor as well, no matter if it duplicates or extends, this doesn't happen.

In game, the Esc menu now barely ever works, if I try to drop items they just get marked as locked and don't disappear from my inventory, wayshrines don't work, etc.

Honestly the game is now barely playable and I have no idea what happened, what's causing it, or how to mitigate it.

KePoW

Banned
Mother of Christ, either this patch has issues or my computer has chosen to go off the deep end at just this time.

So if I have only one of my three monitors being used, launching the game causes what can only charitably be called visual artifacting. In reality, it's like the screen is scrambled. It flickers, the screen wraps around, and moving the mouse makes it go fucking bananas. It hurts my eyes to look at for more than a few seconds. If I exit the game, this doesn't end it: it continues in the desktop until I turn on a second monitor.

If I use a second monitor as well, no matter if it duplicates or extends, this doesn't happen.

In game, the Esc menu now barely ever works, if I try to drop items they just get marked as locked and don't disappear from my inventory, wayshrines don't work, etc.

Honestly the game is now barely playable and I have no idea what happened, what's causing it, or how to mitigate it.

Whoa, I definitely have not heard of these types of problems from other people.

First two things I would do is a full Repair from the launcher. And delete every single add-on if you have any.

I only have one monitor. I patched today. I had the same problems, everything went haywire. Moving my mouse tore my screen to hell and back. I reset my pc, and it's been ok since. I can't speak for multiple monitor setups though.

My games completely busted as well. Firstly whatever I do when I login or die and rez at a wayshrine I always go back to the same dungeon, it doesn't matter if I die nearby or on a completely different map, I am forever linked to it!

I'm also getting hit by the memory leak. After about 15-25mins of play everything turns purple, freezes and hardlocks my computer. I'm going to download a memory flusher and try that, though at least they have found the problem and are fixing it soonish maybe?

Before this patch everything ran fine, after it's a disaster. A bit more testing next time maybe?

KePoW

Banned
I have not played today yet, but yesterday I played for a few hours with no issues. The framerate is noticeably higher than pre-patch.

hepburn3d

Well I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen. Certain areas seem to be causing some sort of loading bug. Screen goes to loading screen with the hints rapidly changing every second. Kill the app, reload, same screen. I am sad :( time to wait for support *holds breath*

Well I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen. Certain areas seem to be causing some sort of loading bug. Screen goes to loading screen with the hints rapidly changing every second. Kill the app, reload, same screen. I am sad :( time to wait for support *holds breath*

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...-weird-loading-screen-issue-after-patch-video

This issue has a thread on the official forums. Admins have replied, saying they are aware and are looking into it. Are you in Deshaan? People are saying they contacted CS, and their character was moved to a different place, fixing the problem.

Hepburn, hopefully this fixes it for you.
The small patch that fixes the memory leak and infinite loading screen issue is now available for the North American megaserver. There is no downtime required. If you are currently in the game, please log out completely to apply the fixes.

This patch will be available on the European server in approximately 4-5 hours. Thank you all for your patience as we worked to fix these issues.

hepburn3d

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...-weird-loading-screen-issue-after-patch-video

This issue has a thread on the official forums. Admins have replied, saying they are aware and are looking into it. Are you in Deshaan? People are saying they contacted CS, and their character was moved to a different place, fixing the problem.

There was another patch today, maybe try logging in now?

Hepburn, hopefully this fixes it for you.

Fixed. Patch solved the problem. It was in Deshaan. Seems like it was happening to a few people. Does anyone log on to NeoGaf EU anymore? Not seen anyone else for 2 days.

Anyone found a rare motif yet? I spent the day trading for all the common ones. People want 50k + for the rare ones. Ouch.

So apparently the group finding tool only works for content at your level. You cannot use it to group up for dungeons that are below your level.

That kind of fucking blows as someone who is trying to run through a group dungeon with a skyshard and quest I need to complete.

KePoW

Banned
So apparently the group finding tool only works for content at your level. You cannot use it to group up for dungeons that are below your level.

That kind of fucking blows as someone who is trying to run through a group dungeon with a skyshard and quest I need to complete.

Yeah that sucks. I think I out-leveled one dungeon but I still really want to do it.

Finally made it to Coldharbor. Just from almost 100%ing each zones content, I'm like 3-4 levels too high, every quest is green. Hoping I can do them all before they turn grey and I miss out on loot.

KePoW

Banned
Finally made it to Coldharbor. Just from almost 100%ing each zones content, I'm like 3-4 levels too high, every quest is green. Hoping I can do them all before they turn grey and I miss out on loot.

Hmm you actually don't get loot from quests if they're gray?

hepburn3d

A good recent review of the game:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....long-road-ahead-for-elder-scrolls-online.html

Sad to see that EU NeoGaf Guild members has dropped from 50 to 5 (ish) people.

I'm still really enjoying the game, like everyone said after level 15 it really picks up (currently level 35). Noticed people drop off around V1. Hoping the end game stuff stays interesting enough for me to keep playing.

If they fix 90% of the bugs before console release I'd like to think those waiting for it won't be disappointed. My wife and I have at least 4 to 5 bugs a night when we play. Some that make us laugh, most that make us angry :p otherwise, I'm still happy with my sub and still enjoying the game.

Sad to see that EU NeoGaf Guild members has dropped from 50 to 5 (ish) people.

I'm still really enjoying the game, like everyone said after level 15 it really picks up (currently level 35). Noticed people drop off around V1. Hoping the end game stuff stays interesting enough for me to keep playing.
FWIW, the NA guild seems to be pretty inactive as well. I only ever saw a couple other people on this weekend.

Now that I've hit VR1, I'm definitely feeling too burned out to dive into another 2 huge content ladders. Sounds like grinding in Craglorn can be way faster, so I may do that then speed run through the other zones for skill points.

And the frustration with armor decay continues to gripe my soul. I created a set of new armor, played through two quests (Crossing the Chasm and it's follow-up, in Coldharbour) and it's already at 75%. That's just through regular combat and a single easy boss. No deaths at all. What the Fuck.

It will cost as much to repair it as to buy a stack of materials and make a new set of armor. It makes armor disposable because of damage rather than stats/levels. I mean, why bother improving armor to Artifact, for example, when it's cheaper to just constantly craft new armor, run it till it breaks, and remake it?

KePoW

Banned
FWIW, the NA guild seems to be pretty inactive as well. I only ever saw a couple other people on this weekend.

Now that I've hit VR1, I'm definitely feeling too burned out to dive into another 2 huge content ladders. Sounds like grinding in Craglorn can be way faster, so I may do that then speed run through the other zones for skill points.

And the frustration with armor decay continues to gripe my soul. I created a set of new armor, played through two quests (Crossing the Chasm and it's follow-up, in Coldharbour) and it's already at 75%. That's just through regular combat and a single easy boss. No deaths at all. What the Fuck.

It will cost as much to repair it as to buy a stack of materials and make a new set of armor. It makes armor disposable because of damage rather than stats/levels. I mean, why bother improving armor to Artifact, for example, when it's cheaper to just constantly craft new armor, run it till it breaks, and remake it?

They significantly reduced the armor repair costs in the last major patch. I think it's perfectly fine now in my experiences.

What's your in-game ID? I'm @kepow88 and still regularly on.

I'm slowly playing through the Story, which I have not finished on any character yet. Still enjoying the story quests a lot.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I haven't touched ESO for a good few weeks purely because of my time being eaten up by everything else, not the actual game being bad. I'm still only level 27, and my girlfriend has pushed herself all the way to level 50 so I will get back into it soon to play with her.

I just need more time. Between WildStar, Watch Dogs, The Forest, The Stomping Land, Mario Kart 8, Murdered, Wolfenstein and ESO, I just can't do it.

Retrofluxed

I'm done. I loved this game too, everything from crafting to questing was so much fun, but I hit VR4 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have no desire to log back in so I'm letting my sub lapse. What a poor design decision the VR levels are.

KePoW

Banned
I haven't touched ESO for a good few weeks purely because of my time being eaten up by everything else, not the actual game being bad. I'm still only level 27, and my girlfriend has pushed herself all the way to level 50 so I will get back into it soon to play with her.

I just need more time. Between WildStar, Watch Dogs, The Forest, The Stomping Land, Mario Kart 8, Murdered, Wolfenstein and ESO, I just can't do it.

Whoa nice! Are you in the GAF guild?

hepburn3d

I do feel kind of sucked into this game. I usually play loads of games and don't touch MMO's. Now I have no time to play other games but this. My PSN and Steam wishlist is starting to pile up.

The best thing for me about this game is it's a great long term co-op game for a couple. Otherwise i'd have used the sub money to sign up for PS+ / GamesWithGold and just played a new game every month.

The wall for us could be reaching a dungeon / quest / PvP campaign, that we aren't any good at because we're not hard core enough. I'm already worried Night Blade's are shunned by serious dungeon delvers and that's my main character build.

I'm done. I loved this game too, everything from crafting to questing was so much fun, but I hit VR4 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have no desire to log back in so I'm letting my sub lapse. What a poor design decision the VR levels are.
I know what you mean. I understand why they did it from a development perspective, since it's an efficient way of reusing existing work rather than building all out normally, but it's a terrible design choice for players, especially for prior who want to run multiple characters. The pacing felt fine to 50, but it's going to slow down so dramatically that it won't feel like I'm making progress. I'm doing Coldgarbour quests that gave a lot of progression for sub 50 that barely twitch the bar for VR.

Yeah, there is rarely more than 2-3 people online when I am.
Such a bummer. I may just friend anyone who's still active and wants to, then free up the guild spot for something else.

They significantly reduced the armor repair costs in the last major patch. I think it's perfectly fine now in my experiences.

What's your in-game ID? I'm @kepow88 and still regularly on.

I'm slowly playing through the Story, which I have not finished on any character yet. Still enjoying the story quests a lot.
Yeah, looked back through patch notes and saw that. I'll check how much it costs, but it still feels expensive. Maybe I'm just a tightass with money, but if it's say 150 gold to repair 25%, then it's still almost as good to buy mats and craft it yourself, if for nothing else except some xp.

I dunno, I just hate that kind of mechanic, particularly when I can't learn to do it myself.

Quote for my ID and main name.

You remember, the guy who ran the all archers all the time dungeon with you. :)

Top Bottom