• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ending of the first Halo

KarishBHR

I never finished Halo, and I realize I should, but with Halo 2 just days away, I cant. So where can I see or read about the ending of the 1st game?

Even if they have been taken over by the man, you ain't sposta link to faqs.

lol, I meant direct link to the individual faqs. Linking to gamefaqs is fine.

(OR IS IT?)

No it is. Go here and look for the script.

Jonnyram

I just finished it yesterday... did you get as far as the Library? Need to know how far to go with the details.

Jonnyram

KarishBHR said:
I never finished Halo, and I realize I should, but with Halo 2 just days away, I cant. So where can I see or read about the ending of the 1st game?
Oh, by the way, I started Tuesday evening and finished Thursday evening... with a full-time job. So you can conceivably finish it in 2 days without a problem. Besides, it doesn't come out until the 9th so you actually have 4 days :p

Renegade

Banned
First a black dude and an Elite fight over a gun, but they see that the Maw exploded and go "You know what? Why fight". They then begin to caress each other, and the covenant slowly begins lifting up the black dudes shirt, while the black dude begins sucking the elites mandible and takes off the protective cup armor. Barry White appears in the background

I've been around the world and I, I, I, I Can't find my baby."

As it begins to heat up, they slip under the covers and the Isley Bros come out

OOOOH, Baby, Baby, I feel your love surrounding me, oh oh oh oh oooooh, Baby, Baby, lets make loooove Between the sheets

After the deed is one, they kiss each other and fall asleep. The black dude leaves, in the break of day, with a note saying:

I didn't want to tell you. The condom broke. I have HIV

The covenant jumps up, alarmed and begins crying, before taking that gun and committing suicide.

Sad ending :( I expect it to be expanded upon in Halo 2 :(

Coop

Here you go buddy

22:20] <IJoel> well.. UNSC gets to halo by pure coincidence
[22:21] <IJoel> when they get there, they see all this covenant armada and realize there's something going on
[22:21] <IJoel> anyway, they are attacked and forced to land in Halo and protect Cortana (earth's coordinates) from falling into the covenant's handas
[22:22] <IJoel> after that, well, it starts as a recoinnasance (sp?) mission and then evolves into finding out what the covenant is looking in Halo
[22:24] <IJoel> so cortana manages to find out they are looking for the control room of halo (the covenant)
[22:25] <IJoel> and so, thinking halo is a weapon, they set out to get there first
[22:25] <IJoel> that's when they get to the beach level and assault in the control room
[22:26] <IJoel> once they get to the control room, cortana stays there while MC goes looking for Keyes when cortana realizes that halo isn't really a weapon
[22:26] <IJoel> so MC goes to stop Keyes from unleashing the Flood, but he gets there too late
[22:27] <IJoel> once MC escapes the breached containment area, he meets guilty spark
[22:28] <IJoel> and so, guilty spark, the halo construct AI has been programmed with annhilation of the flood in case of a containment breach and possibly the flood getting outside of Halo and spreading, since it's pretty much uncontrollable
[22:29] <IJoel> and he (guilty spark) believes MC is the person (what's the word?) to do this (and this is a heavy hint of human's association with the front runners)
[22:32] <IJoel> they go through the library to get the control room index, which in short is the key to activate Halo's defense mechanism against the flood
[22:32] <IJoel> and MC is all for that, of course... and so they do that
[22:33] <IJoel> only when they get to the control room, Cortana bitch slaps Guilty Spark, and informs MC that the defense mechanism pretty much means starving the Flood... which means killing any potential food, which means killing all life in the galaxy..
[22:34] <IJoel> anyway... the halo defense mechanism would connect it to other halos in the same galaxy and they would cause a huge ass explosion to erradicate life in the galaxy and destroy the flood
[22:35] <IJoel> sooo... after Cortana bitch slaps guilty spark, MC and Cortana realize they need to destroy Halo to stop the flood from leaving Halo and possibly spreading
[22:37] <IJoel> soo... the only way to cause an explosion big enough to fuck up Halo would be by destroying the nuclear reactor in the Pillar of Autum
[22:37] <IJoel> and blah blah blah... they do it and escape

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Coop said:
Here you go buddy

22:20] <IJoel> well.. UNSC gets to halo by pure coincidence
[22:21] <IJoel> when they get there, they see all this covenant armada and realize there's something going on
[22:21] <IJoel> anyway, they are attacked and forced to land in Halo and protect Cortana (earth's coordinates) from falling into the covenant's handas
[22:22] <IJoel> after that, well, it starts as a recoinnasance (sp?) mission and then evolves into finding out what the covenant is looking in Halo
[22:24] <IJoel> so cortana manages to find out they are looking for the control room of halo (the covenant)
[22:25] <IJoel> and so, thinking halo is a weapon, they set out to get there first
[22:25] <IJoel> that's when they get to the beach level and assault in the control room
[22:26] <IJoel> once they get to the control room, cortana stays there while MC goes looking for Keyes when cortana realizes that halo isn't really a weapon
[22:26] <IJoel> so MC goes to stop Keyes from unleashing the Flood, but he gets there too late
[22:27] <IJoel> once MC escapes the breached containment area, he meets guilty spark
[22:28] <IJoel> and so, guilty spark, the halo construct AI has been programmed with annhilation of the flood in case of a containment breach and possibly the flood getting outside of Halo and spreading, since it's pretty much uncontrollable
[22:29] <IJoel> and he (guilty spark) believes MC is the person (what's the word?) to do this (and this is a heavy hint of human's association with the front runners)
[22:32] <IJoel> they go through the library to get the control room index, which in short is the key to activate Halo's defense mechanism against the flood
[22:32] <IJoel> and MC is all for that, of course... and so they do that
[22:33] <IJoel> only when they get to the control room, Cortana bitch slaps Guilty Spark, and informs MC that the defense mechanism pretty much means starving the Flood... which means killing any potential food, which means killing all life in the galaxy..
[22:34] <IJoel> anyway... the halo defense mechanism would connect it to other halos in the same galaxy and they would cause a huge ass explosion to erradicate life in the galaxy and destroy the flood
[22:35] <IJoel> sooo... after Cortana bitch slaps guilty spark, MC and Cortana realize they need to destroy Halo to stop the flood from leaving Halo and possibly spreading
[22:37] <IJoel> soo... the only way to cause an explosion big enough to fuck up Halo would be by destroying the nuclear reactor in the Pillar of Autum
[22:37] <IJoel> and blah blah blah... they do it and escape

wtf dude give credit where credit is due! It was hard work copying and pasting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Serafitia said:
I just want to know how the hell that Sargent guy survives. He fell in love with an elite, didn't he?

Yeah seriously. I just got passed the flood again and it's just impossible for him to have survived. He says in First Strike that they didn't like how he tasted or something, hah... flood is racist!

I'm halfway through the book, fuckin' awesome.

Can't wait to see the ODST's in full gear. :D

Sho Nuff

Banned
22:26] <IJoel> once they get to the control room, cortana stays there while MC goes looking for Keyes when cortana realizes that halo isn't really a weapon

Then what is it? I'm confused still.

Sho Nuff said:
22:26] <IJoel> once they get to the control room, cortana stays there while MC goes looking for Keyes when cortana realizes that halo isn't really a weapon

A defense....thing.

Mrbob

Sho Nuff said:

A control mechanism to keep the Flood in check by self destructing and destroying the entire universe. At least, that is ONE of its uses. There could very well be more and we'll probably find out in HOLLLLA 2.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DopeyFish said:
Galaxy dude, Galaxy. Not the universe... just the galaxy :p

No not a galaxy, just a large radius, if ALL the Halo rings detonate (there are several) then the galaxy gets toasted.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Schafer said:
No not a galaxy, just a large radius, if ALL the Halo rings detonate (there are several) then the galaxy gets toasted.

to quote 343GS: "But when the others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life"

Ryu

Yeah seriously. I just got passed the flood again and it's just impossible for him to have survived. He says in First Strike that they didn't like how he tasted or something, hah... flood is racist!

iirc, he has a brain tumor and the flood are not interested in taking over bodies with "defects" like that. It's like the equivelant of that Simpsons zombie episode where the zombies refuse to eat Homer because he has no brain.

Top Bottom