• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Eurogamer 100 - The list of the best 100 games to play right now

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Welcome to the Eurogamer 100, a list of video games that aims to reflect their ever-changing nature. Rather than ranking games by their influence or significance, the below list is a suggestion of the very best things you can play at this moment, according to us. We've aimed to cover the full breadth of what modern video games can be - and in doing so were reminded, suddenly, that 100 games really isn't very many at all - while everything on the list must be legitimately obtainable at the time of writing on current-generation hardware. And crucially, it has to currently be brilliant.

Our hope is that this list will be as useful as it is conversation-starting, be that through suggesting exceptional games that may not be on everyone's radar already, reminding you of long-running classics that have remained timeless, or highlighting those that have found themselves with renewed energy and form.

You can explore the list by clicking on individual games to read more, sort it by our ranking or their initial release date, and filter it by genre or platform. We hope you like it. Here's to many hundreds more video games as good as these!

Notice how it doesn't say "of all time"

Wording is important.

I'm not listing them all, but here's the top ten -

10. Return of the Obra Dinn
9. Nex Machina
8. Elden Ring
7. Animal Crossing New Horizons
6. Baldurs Gate 3
5. Breath of the Wild
4. Smash Bros Ultimate
3. Outer Wilds
2. Mario Kart 8
Tetris Effect

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Astro Bot isn’t even on here!

Mascot Flipping GIF by MLB

For real though, that’s a great list of games. I’m gonna put all of those in my video game randomizer app and use it next time I don’t know what to play.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This really is a cool list, it’d be awesome if they expanded it to 300-500. Some of the picks on here are a little weird, though. Like I don’t think I’d want to play TLoU or Disco Elysium, or even Mass Effect, without making a time and mental commitment lol.

Also interesting that they put BotW and not/instead of TotK.

I'm not listing them all, but here's the top ten -
Aww, you would have saved me so much iPhone typing

Banjo64

cumsessed
Tetris Effect man why have they got to be like this? Just fucking be serious you stupid cuckold fucking dimwits and you might not be viewed like you are.

Arachnid

Pretty good list, though I don't agree with some of the order (really, no one will so that doesn't matter).

Glad to see Outer Wilds in top 3. I'm pretty disappointed that Rimworld and Red Dead Redemption 2 aren't on the list. TOTK is better than BOTW in every way, but you probably shouldn't have anyone start with TOTK so that makes sense.

Maybe it's time I try out Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Doki Doki Literature Club higher than Alan Wake II and TLOU Part II?

Has Eurogamer finally redeemed themselves?

I'm not going to waste my time looking for them, but I bet titles like Hogwarts Legacy and Black Myth Wukong are mysteriously absent from that list

Which means that list is automatically shit in case you don't realize already

Hookshot

Gold Member
Wish I saw what others did in Tunic. I got up to the final boss and the door but stopped. It was really quite bland with some very dumb choices like putting the gas mask item far into a region where you had to take damage to find it.
I would not have it 12th of 100 games to play right now.

Astro Bot isn’t even on here!

Mascot Flipping GIF by MLB

For real though, that’s a great list of games. I’m gonna put all of those in my video game randomizer app and use it next time I don’t know what to play.
I remember they did a similar thing just before Bloodborne was released on PS4. Like this the latest Sony and one of the best game on this generation is not on their list. Smart. It could be a coincidence with Bloodborne (I had my doubts), but now I know they do it on purpose.

xVodevil

Tetris Effect man why have they got to be like this? Just fucking be serious you stupid cuckold fucking dimwits and you might not be viewed like you are.
Wait.. What?! Tetris is basically the definition of a perfect game. Anytime anywhere, either for 5 mintues or 2 hours. It's no bullshit, nothing divisive about it, just pure neutral entertainment. How could that possibly be a problem?

Top Bottom