• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fable "Making Of" Disk is the best demo value ever.

Speevy

Banned
Plenty of games, plenty of trailers. You just can't beat it. I'd say it's more worth it than your Midway/Sega/Capcom compilation, and those cost considerably more.

Great stuff. If you have an Xbox, preorder Fable. (although they'll probably give it to you when you buy Fable anyway)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Well too bad for us europeans. If anyone feels like ripping the videos and upload them to me I'll host them on xboxyde for everyone's enjoyment :D

Speevy

Banned
BeOnEdge said:
what demos are on there?

-Top Spin
-PGR2
-RSC2
-Crimson Skies
-Links
-Amped 2
-Sudeki
-NHL Rivals

Videos:

-Conker
-Sudeki
-Jade Empire
-Fable
-UC2
-MA2
-Fable
-Forza
-Kameo

Plus a lengthy preview of Fable. (much of it is on IGN though) Includes developer commentary on story, art direction, character creation, and music.

Deku Tree

Are those videos exclusive or are they similar to stuff from gametrailers.com?

I'm particularly interested in the Jade Empire trailer but I've seen most everything on it that's already freely downloadable.

Speevy

Banned
Deku Tree said:
Are those videos exclusive or are they similar to stuff from gametrailers.com?

I'm particularly interested in the Jade Empire trailer but I've seen most everything on it that's already freely downloadable.

This video starts out panning over a mountain, then it shows a red-masked guy killing someone. The hero is outraged. He cries out "NOOOOOOOO!" Then it shows various combat situations and moves.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How is a disc with a bunch of demos of games that have already been released superior to the Sonic and Mega Man compilations?

And for the record, I already have this preordered. But I don't see anything special about the demos.

Speevy

Banned
MetatronM said:
How is a disc with a bunch of demos of games that have already been released superior to the Sonic and Mega Man compilations?

And for the record, I already have this preordered. But I don't see anything special about the demos.

Because matches of tennis, races, or flythroughs of the beautful settings in Crimson Skies are perfect time killers - much like old school games. And these games have great graphics.

Like I said, it's a great value that you can actually keep playing. Especially for someone like me, who wants Fable, and hasn't played 6 out of the 8 games that have demos.

Andy787

Banned
Speevy said:
-Top Spin
-PGR2
-RSC2
-Crimson Skies
-Links
-Amped 2
-Sudeki
-NHL Rivals

Videos:

-Conker
-Sudeki
-Jade Empire
-Fable
-UC2
-MA2
-Fable
-Forza
-Kameo

Plus a lengthy preview of Fable. (much of it is on IGN though) Includes developer commentary on story, art direction, character creation, and music.
That's "more worth it than your Midway/Sega/Capcom compilation"'s..? Ok..

Speevy

Banned
Andy787 said:
That's "more worth it than your Midway/Sega/Capcom compilation"'s..? Ok..

Oh, everyone get over that comment. It depends solely on what your priorities are.

If you have a soft spot for those games, even your average $50 game can't replace them.

I just think it's a great demo disk, and a spectacular way to get Fable the exposure it deserves.

Deku Tree

They should put a list of all those games on the websites of the major retailers... I would never have guessed there was that much stuff on the disk from reading the fable page at ebgames.com gamestop.

Spike

Speevy said:
I just think it's a great demo disk, and a spectacular way to get Fable the exposure it deserves.

How exactly is it getting Fable "the exposure it deserves"? You have to preorder the game to get the disc. It's not like they're handing out for free to get people interested in the game. The interest is already there, that's why you're putting $5 down towards Fable.

Speevy

Banned
Spike said:
How exactly is it getting Fable "the exposure it deserves"? You have to preorder the game to get the disc. It's not like they're handing out for free to get people interested in the game. The interest is already there, that's why you're putting $5 down towards Fable.

Because people might find out that there are a lot of great game demos on there, so they preorder Fable without the intention of buying the game maybe. (like many did with TWW) Then after seeing Fable, they may decide to buy it.

Man some of you guys are picky.

It is a great disk. Got it? Good. I'm personally showing this disk to some friends who may not be buying Fable at the moment, and it just might change their minds.

Speevy

Banned
u_neek said:
Wow, I gotta have this preorder-disc, so I don't have to buy any games again ever!

That would be funny if I had actually said anything even remotely resembling this.

GhaleonEB

I pre-ordered it from EB's online site the day after I read IGN's 14-page preview. I'd had my eye on this game for a long time, but that put me over the edge. I just hope I can play through it enough before November 9th - I don't see me going back to another game any time soon after then.

Speevy

Banned
And that's another great point. I didn't like Halo at all, so Fable's my Halo 2 this holiday season. (And Paper Mario 2, of course)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
So anybody with a tv capture card (or even better and simpler a modded Xbox) willing to rip these videos for us europeans ? Contact me if you are a good samaritan :)

Top Bottom