• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Juicy Bob

I don't really think Bottas ahead would've made any real difference at all. And Bottas was unable to pass Massa even with DRS lap after lap.

You can't really say that Bottas would've been any further ahead had they switched the cars.

DBT85

Not just this race though is it? They're walking it every fortnight.

I'll happily admit that I know shit all about the intricacies, but is the Mercedes car/drivers/staff that good for them to be dominating like this?

The car is in a league of it's own really.

Imagine putting Chelsea in The Championship. Or Madrid in Segunda. Or Liverpool in the Conference North :p

Ark

Don't agree that Massa should have let Bottas go. They were racing and Bottas couldn't make the move, that's life.

NHale

So why didn't Williams send one of the drivers to cover Hamilton on the pits after that pit message? Smedley sleeping on the pit wall?

Also Mercedes needs to stop with the bullshit "no undercut" your teammate strategy. If Hamilton DNFs today that stupid idea will cost them a victory. They needed to pit a lot earlier with one of them.

Why is everyone hoping for rain? Williams are shit-tier in wet conditions. Merc will 1-2 in that situation.

At least we have a bit of a race for 2nd right at least.

Williams still being stuck in small-team mentality costing them a chance of a win is no surprise at all sadly.

Nevermind Bottas vs Massa, what confounds me more is that Williams let the undercut happen.
Agreed. I know they're all trying to 1-stop but one of them needed to pit 1-2 laps before Hamilton, or at least the same lap. Another strategy botch. Hell, the world TV feed advertises Hamilton's stops in advance. Can't claim you didn't see it coming.

Christ Williams.

Juicy Bob

Agreed. I know they're all trying to 1-stop but one of them needed to pit 1-2 laps before Hamilton, or at least the same lap. Another strategy botch. Hell, the world TV feed advertises Hamilton's stops in advance. Can't claim you didn't see it coming.

Christ Williams.
Unless they didn't think they could make it to the end by stopping that early.

Why is everyone hoping for rain? Williams are shit-tier in wet conditions. Merc will 1-2 in that situation.

At least we have a bit of a race for 2nd right at least.

Williams still being stuck in small-team mentality costing them a chance of a win is no surprise at all sadly.

Rain = Interesting. I do not mind who win if it keeps interesting.

F1 needs as many spanners threw at it right now as possible

Juicy Bob

Nigel Mansell CBE ‏@nigelmansell 8m8 minutes ago

No Williams did not make the wrong call they have done a brilliant job today .Mercs and Lewis just made a fantastic call to stop first .

Masa and Bottas were just doing a fantastic job ,Brilliant starts but lost out because of pit stops ,Lewis gambled and got the jump.

You have 2 different comments ,one is pit stops the other is letting the drivers race ,Williams are letting them race , Up to the Teams
I agree with Our Nige.

Oh ffs. If I were Red Bull/ Toro Rosso, I'd be suing Renault for some kind of malicious goings on behind the scene.

There is no way in hell Renault is not doing this deliberately.

Deadman

They used VSC because they didn't want SC out there when it started raining. Once again putting the "show" above safety.

Top Bottom