• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Very happy Her Story won this, so glad they are not automatically giving it all to the AAA as they used to.

Pachimari

Pre-awards announcements:
  • New content for Kung Fury
  • Goat Simulator DLC
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC

Awards:
  • Best Family Game: Super Mario Maker
  • Best Fighting Game: Mortal Kombat X
  • Best Multiplayer Game: Splatoon
  • Best Mobile Game: Lara Croft Go
  • Best eSport Team: Uptic Gaming
  • Best eSport Player: Kenny
  • Best eSport Game: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Best Narrative: Her Story

World Premieres:
  • Uncharted 4: A Thieft's End (new character is introduced)
  • New Tron Run/R game announced.
  • Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn is announced (featuring Shaq O'Neall)
  • Batman from Telltale Games announced
  • First gameplay footage of Far Cry: Primal

Other Announcements:
  • Geoff announces 3 short films with focus on up-and-coming indie studios. Watch at: madewith.unity.com

Awesome. Her Story was the best video game narrative out of all of those nominees. Actually used the video game medium to its advantage.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sucks that all but Witcher are completely story driven games. All are probably fine, but man, really liked alot of Witcher's story, especially the Baron quest. But, it was so big of a game, that weaker parts could drag the overall story down.

Stiler

Why do people hate telltale now?

Tales from the borderlands is one of the best of the year go play it

I don't hate them, I loved Tales from the Borderlands and as an "Adventure" game fan (IE Gabriel Knight, Syberia, etc) I appreciate what they do because they have put the adventure style of games back into the mainstream.

The problem I have is that they are stuck using the same old engine and graphics style, even if it doesn't all "fit" the game or art style of the work they are basing the game on.

Plus their games play fairly similar across all areas.

It'd be nice if they updated their engine and didn't just use one-art style for every single game.

Top Bottom