• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GPS/Sat Nav alternative in Mafia is really cool

cormack12

Gold Member

Really liking this implementation of the traditional GPS/Sat Nav navigation while driving. Much more immersive and easier to keep track off while actually taking in the world.

Would like to see it as standard.

Edit: I'm talking about the road signs on the right with the arrows that dynamically appear and disappear

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
60 dollar MTX that adds a red button the game.
When i press it credits roll and i get all the trophies

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
The Getaway using turn signals

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
IM confused, don't all driving games have this?

It’s in the conversation. The gps is also low, and out of the way visually.

Same here, from that little clip it looks like every other open world games navigation. Maybe this post is sarcastic because it doesn't fit the game well, thus breaking immersion.

It took me a while, but i think he means the "fake" road signs showing up alongside the right of the road.

SJRB

Gold Member
in-world GPS lines, huge neon pointers or weird fading in/out road signs is incredibly immersion-breaking.

Just keep it on the map in the corner of the screen and I'm good.

JimboJones

Most of the time I honestly prefer HUDs, give me better readability of the information vs trying to obfuscate it in the name of immersion.

I love it when games do this. A big stupid arrow or lines on the road is so lame.

This reminds me of the wind in Ghost of Tsushima. Really clever touch to preserve immersion.

Top Bottom