• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Grand Tour: One for the Road| Sept 13

Mobilemofo

I'm awaiting the BBCs new car show " Tranny travels" with a transgender host, ably supported by Warwick Davis and Lucy pinder.

It'll be a cracker I tell thee...

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
james van der beek crying GIF

A fitting send off.

Plenty of good content still coming out of the three of them on YouTube and elsewhere (Clarksons Farm is brilliant) but nothing will hit the spot like a good cheap car adventure in a developing country.

Blade2.0

images

Shame it's came to an end. The steady increase of electric cars and the inevitable increase of complaints because nobody can take a joke anymore has killed the show.

Thankfully all the old specials are still on iPlayer and Prime has the Grand Tour available. Just a shame there'll be no more. As shown by the revamp and further revamp of Top Gear, they simply weren't replaceable.

Obligatory - SPEED and POWER!
I don't think they're unreplaceable, just that YouTube car hosts have all taken the audience away from cable and premium subscription streams.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah cause as Clarkson said the cars suck.

it is true, up to a certain point, that both regulations and economics are choking the industry - for those of us a bit older, the variety of cars in 80's and 90's will never exist again. And I mean true variation, putting skins on a common platform like the industry does today is not the same. And from a motorist enthusiast journalistpoint of view, having access to everything, getting offered cloned cars all over must be incredibly boring.

On the other hand it is also true because what these guys did required talent, charisma, chemistry and an equally talented team behind them. These qualities are very, very hard to put together - we've seen enough pathetic attempts by the BBC by now that it such be evident.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Not bad. Not great.

Kinda glad they've turned it in. It was starting to get a bit boring, formula-wise. The over-produced, over-scripted Grand Tour stuff hasn't really held a candle to the looser, more natural Top Gear specials.

I like they actually played with the fact the three of them did absolutely nothing when it actually came to the building work though :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Probably should have ended a good two or three shows ago, or even when the studio stuff was canned. It was a pity they couldn't/wouldn't get more stuff from the archives. Probably the pissy BBC not wanting to play ball with Amazon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom