• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 4 European League |OT| Dewls to the death

07me6.png

What is this?
This my friends, is the other home of our first ever HaloGAF league. It's opening season will be restricted to 2v2, perhaps expanding out to 4v4 if successful.

This particular league is open to any player in the continent of Europe.

Neat, how do I sign up?

You shoot a PM my way, only one member of your team needs to do this with this info for both players:

GAF Name:
Gamertag:
Timezone: (relative to GMT preferably)

How is this gonna be structured?

The league will be laid out as followed:
TBD depending on number of teams.

• The league will follow a TBD game schedule, with 3 day advance periods. So, for example, you get your matchups on Monday morning, the league would then advance on Wednesday night. This gives you 3 days to get your match in, any longer and you run the risk of killing interest!
  • Depending on level of interest, playoffs may occur.
  • The gametypes/maps will be the same for everyone from week to week, probably switching up a little every week. The game obviously doesn't have a large map pool for doubles at this time, so it might turn out to be the same 3 maps every week, with the only thing changing being Slayer Pro/Infinity Slayer. We will be doing a best out of 3 series for every weekly matchup.
  • If teams cannot meet up within the allotted time, a loss will be handed out to both teams unless it is obvious one team made more of an effort to get the game in than the other, in which case the team that tried would be given the win.

General Guidelines/Rules
  • This league is meant to be competitive, but at the end of the day, we're all bros here! Remember that. Respect your fellow members, don't be a douche, and remember we're all taking time out of our personal lives here to do this, and no one likes to waste their time.
  • Speaking of time, this is going to take up a lot of your free time to be successful. A lot of us have kids, wives, school, work, etc. If you don't think you can find the time to complete a 3 game series every 3 days, then please don't sign up.
  • Communication is key for a successful league, and that means using this thread for all league discussion. Try to not post it in the community OT, letting this thread sink into oblivion. Once we get closer to starting, I'd like everyone to share messenger handles to make it easier to schedule matchups.
  • I hope I never have to enforce this, but we'll have a 3 strike system. If people are constantly complaining about something you're doing, and you do nothing to rectify it, your team will be replaced after the 3rd warning. If you're the type of person who rage quits because you lose, then don't even bother!
  • In the event of someone lagging out of the game, the game continues on, if the person is able to get back on, then they are free to join the game again. If they can't get back on, then their team is just down a man, tough titties!
  • On that same note, if a teammate has to go on vacation, or some other uncontrollable situation arises, then the commissioners will look at the situation on a case by case basis.
    The winners of the first season will be compensated with a prize of some sort, worst case scenario, a XBL points card, best case scenario, who knows?!

I think that covers most of the broad topics. We plan on starting this 3-4 weeks after release. Maps/Gametypes/Loadouts will be nailed down in the coming week, and we will post back when we decide. If you need to contact us about anything, feel free:

Commissioners (For now)

Zeouterlimits
-GAF PM
-Twitter: @Zeouterlimits

Overdoziz
-GAF PM
-Twitter: @Overdoziz

Currently looking for partners:
Falifax
BladedExpert
Silphonica
Conor 419
Talents

Ramirez

Awesome, good luck! I had several Euros PM me wanting in, so I think you should be able to fill out about 16 teams easily.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok I have a friend who still waits for his account approval, he would be my teammate of choice.

But it seems like he never will approved lol.

Any other can ask me per pm, I'm no pro though lol

Great idea. I'd love to join, but I'm restricted by school atm. From what I uderstand, we're supposed to play 3 matches every 3 days right? So Monday we're assigned a matchup, and we have till wednesday to play 3 matches against each other right?

That should be doable. But I won't sign up just yet, have to make sure I have enough time. What the deadline for signup?

Ramirez

Great idea. I'd love to join, but I'm restricted by school atm. From what I uderstand, we're supposed to play 3 matches every 3 days right? So Monday we're assigned a matchup, and we have till wednesday to play 3 matches against each other right?

That should be doable. But I won't sign up just yet, have to make sure I have enough time. What the deadline for signup?

You should more or less pick a night to knock out all 3 matches. Halo matches take like 10-15 minutes a piece, breaking it up into 3 nights wouldn't work well.

You should more or less pick a night to knock out all 3 matches. Halo matches take like 10-15 minutes a piece, breaking it up into 3 nights wouldn't work well.

That would work. I'm planning to pick up Halo 4 this week, so I'm up! Is there anyone who wants to pair up with me? I'm from Holland, timezone GMT+1.

Yo I'm in if some chums would team up with me.

Gtag - Conor 419
Timezone - GMT + 0

I also don't have a team yet. You're British right? You mind if I wait a little longer to see if a Dutchy pops up? :p

@Zeouterlimits: Well, my English speaking isn't that good. I can imagine communicating could be troublesome ^^

Note about timezones, it won't really matter your paring, because you could be playing against anyone from Europe, so if that was a worry, it shouldn't be.

Quite happy we've 4 teams already.

Ah, I see what you're saying HollovVpo1nt. Get drunk, sing songs by Journey, I have it under good authority it's a winning strategy for such barriers.

Note about timezones, it won't really matter your paring, because you could be playing against anyone from Europe, so if that was a worry, it shouldn't be.

Quite happy we've 4 teams already.

What are the teams if you don't mind throwing them up already? Will be interesting to scout out the opposition. :p

I know that certain people would want to team up, but I have never actually played against/with anyone frome HaloGAF. That beeing said, are the teams fair? :p

That beeing said, are the teams fair? :p
Well I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Think of it like a normal sports league? Teams being fair doesn't really factor into it, you try your best.

To talk about myself: I haven't played Reach since like February because I didn't enjoy it, but I did play a good bit of Halo 3. I'm an alright player, not great, not terrible.

I just think playing some competitive Halo 4 with the rest of GAF would be good fun :)

I'll play for fun but I need a team mate.

pros: I've played Halo 2 and 3. Ranked highly overall as a top EU player, attending LAN events in Scotland and the UK (attended by a lot of EU countries).

cons: Haven't played reach, much.

Will take me a few days to start getting my groove back, i think, I have a natural affinity for FPS games though.

PM me btw if interested.

I would love too but im too busy with school stuff and i suck would probably piss off a lot of team mates.

So does euro halo gaf have a social play night maybe i can play you guys then?

I'd probably be up for it. Legit 50 in Halo 3 and been playing Reach "fairly" regularly since launch. Hit me up if you wanna run some games and we'll see if we click!

I'd probably be up for it. Legit 50 in Halo 3 and been playing Reach "fairly" regularly since launch. Hit me up if you wanna run some games and we'll see if we click!

Haven't seen you about in far too long. The chance to dong on Elzar is an enticing one it would seem.

Bladed lives? And posts? Nay, I do not believe it.

Currently looking for partners:
Falifax
BladedExpert
Blue Ninja
Silphonica
HollovVpo1nt
Conor 419

Top Bottom