• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters Maximum Impact TVCM.

p_cm01_01.jpg
p_cm01_02.jpg
p_cm01_03.jpg
p_cm01_04.jpg

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof/download/index.html

ourumov

The game looks MUCH better than what I expected...At least Terry Bogard's model :).

Any gameplay impressions ?

WarPig

Personally, I think the game is kind of wack. But if you liked Street Fighter EX, you'll have no beef with Maximum Impact.

I do like the little 10th-anniversary bumper with Mai, that's cute.

DFS.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ourumov said:
The game looks MUCH better than what I expected...At least Terry Bogard's model :).

Any gameplay impressions ?

There are some on the Neo-Geo.com forums from people that have played the final(?) version at places like some big Hong Kong gaming/comic convention; most seem pretty positive overall, and it sounds like the game does not suffer from "Street Fighter EX Syndrome" in that it plays as smoothly as the 2D games. I take this with a grain of salt until I get to play it myself, but it definitely sounds like the game is going to be pretty good. Famitsu gave it all 7s in their review, but they have little credibility in my eyes, especially when it comes to any 2D fighter.

In case you missed it, BTW, every character has an alternate character model, so you can play as Terry from Garou MOTW or Ryo from Buriki One for example, and many characters get brand new designs for their alternate models. Good stuff. The game comes out next week; can't wait. Now if I could only figure out how to play Panic Maker...

MoxManiac

In case you missed it, BTW, every character has an alternate character model, so you can play as Terry from Garou MOTW or Ryo from Buriki One for example, and many characters get brand new designs for their alternate models. Good stuff. The game comes out next week; can't wait. Now if I could only figure out how to play Panic Maker...

Yeah, Clark is black in his alternate outfit o_O

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Overall gameplay impressions are indeed very positive; the consensus so far seems to be this is the closest any 3D fighter has gotten to boasting the feel of a 2D fighter while adding in some physics and gameplay innovations possible in 3D.

It could be the start of a good 3D KoF series. At the very least, it seems certain it's no SF EX - SNK/Playmore seems to have put more effort into this than Capcom / Arika did with every SFEX game combined.

Grifter

Haven't kept up with gaming news for a while, what's Buriki One? And any release dates for non-GG Sammy fighters at the store?

Lyte Edge

It almost seems like Playmore has put more effort into this new KOF than any recent 2D fighter that's come out from them, especially KOF Neowave. :p

Grifter said:
Haven't kept up with gaming news for a while, what's Buriki One? And any release dates for non-GG Sammy fighters at the store?

Buriki-One is an older 3D fighter that was made for the Hyper Neo hardware some years back. Never played it myself.

belgurdo

Banned
This looks a lot more promising than that Neo Wave shit..."the 'fans' loved '98...let's give it to them again warts and all with some hi-res backgrounds!" :rolleyes:

Dare I say that this is the beginning of serious 3D development from SNK? Maybe even another stab at a 3D Samurai Shodown?

ferricide

yeah, this seemed way better than i expected. retains nice 2D gameplay without being slavishly devoted to being a KOF game. looks decent, too. i haven't put it through its paces, but unexpectedly favorable initial impression of the preview build.

Lyte Edge

belgurdo said:
This looks a lot more promising than that Neo Wave shit..."the 'fans' loved '98...let's give it to them again warts and all with some hi-res backgrounds!" :rolleyes:

Dare I say that this is the beginning of serious 3D development from SNK? Maybe even another stab at a 3D Samurai Shodown?

I wouldn't mind another 3D SS if it was done RIGHT. :) If Playmore is going to continue to recycle sprites, I'd prefer a 3D SS over another 2D game; SS5 looks horribly outdated.

I'm about to go check out Neo Wave myself...assuming it's at the arcade in Akihabara, that is.

mint

Banned
Iggy from mmcafe translated that the character designs were by Falcoon o_o

I really like the 2p designs, Iori looks cool, Chae is cool, Athena is cool, Yuri is cute, Athena is cute..

Top Bottom