• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Boney

Banned
12.jpg

Codeblue

Favorite game: Wind Waker
Favorite Dungeon: City in the Sky
Favorite Boss: Stallord

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda (Twilight Princess as a close second) but it's probably the least replayable. I loved it on the first run because everything was new and I like the sense of adventure in sailing, but it doesn't hold up on replays, sadly. They should have added more warp points or something.

Yeah, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are hard to replay for me because of how slow they start out. Ocarina and Majora were great in this regard though, and hopefully Skyward Sword's intro isn't too plodding.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chet Rippo said:
But there's no Dancing Dragon Dungeon on that list. ;//
If I had said 12, I would've added that one. My favourite BGM in Oracle of Seasons. ;)

I'll add the Spirit Tracks title theme and Spirit Tracks Overworld theme.

I am sad to say that I haven't played Ages, though. I've played all the games, even the CD-i ones (on my cousin's CD-i, the controllers were the worst things ever, and I would recommend that no one play these ever), but I haven't played that one.

Mumei

If we're still doing this:

Game:

Characters_(Majora's_Mask).png

Dungeon: Stone Tower Temple

Boss: Twinrova (OoT) and Goht (MM)

Oh, and Majora, too for bosses.

omg I keep forgetting how good of a soundtrack Spirit Tracks has. <3

Phantom Hourglass was a huge letdown for me in every way possible and since my expectations were so low for the sequel Spirit Tracks kinda blew me away, not gonna lie.

Gravijah

of the zeldas i have played, one from each, here are the songs that stand out for me

Zelda 1 - Game Over
Zelda II - Great Palace
ALTTP - Church Theme
LADX - Mabe Village
Ocarina of Time - Lon Lon Ranch
Majora's Mask - Majora's Wrath
Wind Waker - Main Theme
Twilight Princess - Zant Fight 4

that was hard. :(

oh man, i forgot spirit tracks and phantom hourglass!

Spirit Tracks - Realm Overworld

PH music didn't do much for me. :(

Boney said:
Stupid Gravijah says that Mid Boss theme from OoT

Is better than Molegera Battle

i blame this remix

Rehynn

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Yeah, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are hard to replay for me because of how slow they start out. Ocarina and Majora were great in this regard though, and hopefully Skyward Sword's intro isn't too plodding.

I played Majora's Mask for 14 hours before I got to Woodfall Temple.

Gravijah said:
of the zeldas i have played, one from each, here are the songs that stand out for me

Zelda 1 - Game Over
Zelda II - Great Palace
ALTTP - Church Theme
LADX - Mabe Village
Ocarina of Time - Lon Lon Ranch
Majora's Mask - Majora's Wrath
Wind Waker - Main Theme
Twilight Princess - Zant Fight 4

that was hard. :(

oh man, i forgot spirit tracks and phantom hourglass!

Spirit Tracks - Realm Overworld

i blame this remix
I see you haven't played the Oracle games.

You should fix this.

Gravijah

Boney said:
it's funny you can only choose the main theme because that's all you've played

no, i've gotten further. i just haven't given the WW ost much love over the years. really should finish it.

Chet Rippo said:
I see you haven't played the Oracle games.

You should fix this.

i will when nintendo puts them on the 3DS VC.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Crumpet Trumpet said:

You should listen to the IGN podcast from two days ago and the Evolution of Storytelling article from yesterday, they talk a good deal about the opening hours in terms of pacing and directly compare it to TP and how its basically the best opening hours in a 3D Zelda doing everything right which TP got wrong.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Anth0ny said:
o god... cannot unhear

Now I wanna listen to their Mega Man 2 rap. :lol

Gravijah said:
That's because PH's music was pretty bad for the most part with a little bit of themes that stood out. Like... "I put on another soundtrack while playing it" bad.

no, i've gotten further. i just haven't given the WW ost much love over the years. really should finish it.
I think I know which game you should play next. :p

Enduin said:
You should listen to the IGN podcast from two days ago and the Evolution of Storytelling article from yesterday, they talk a good deal about the opening hours in terms of pacing and directly compare it to TP and how its basically the best opening hours in a 3D Zelda doing everything right which TP got wrong.
Will do, that sounds fab though

Dark Schala said:
KuGsj.gif

Well... at least he flew you places.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/xvR7p.jpg[/IMG]

Actually, this wouldn't be a bad idea. You can experience the soundtrack and beautiful background art! :D

The Wind Waker, silly. Unless you're all Zelda'd out.

I approve. I should really continue my 3-heart run of Master Quest in OoT 3D...

BUT IT'S SO HARRRRRRD

mdtauk

TSA said:
I don't think so. ALttP just comes after Twilight Princess. All Nintendo has to do is make a game in between them explaining how Ganon was re-sealed back in the Sacred Realm, or you could just assume his "death" at the end of Twilight Princess forced his spirit back there.

Link's Awakening is already officially stated by NCL on the LA DX website it is a direct sequel to ALttP, so that's never been an issue (though people saying games happen between ALttP and LA has been a hot topic).

Zelda 1 is just many, many years after ALttP/LA, when magic isn't as common place, and the realm where ancient Hyrule was is in ruins (people moved away to other areas, as indicated in the Zelda II map). Zelda II is a sequel. The backstory of Zelda II is an event that happened post ALttP/LA, but pre-LoZ. I never understood why that "Legend of Zelda" tale had to be the "original" Zelda. Some princesses born in Hyrule before this event probably were not called Zelda. Only those destined to become the guardians of the Triforce of Wisdom took up that name, or at least, took that name in ceremonial fashion. After the Zelda II backstory event, all of them were named Zelda, regardless of if they were destined for that role.

TMC still boggles my mind. If anything, the CAPCOM games are poison. Oracles can sort of be said to happen either after ALttP or after Zelda II (Triforce is unified and in Hyrule proper and not the Sacred Realm, which only could have happened in the ending of ALttP or Zelda II). FSA is also a weird one. So visually connected to ALttP and OoT, but so many issues.

Zelda I and II could follow after Wind Waker which would explain why Hyrule is so empty because it was washed away, and why everything has moved North of the old area. Ganondorf is still encased in stone, so could become free, and go after the Triforce once more. However it had already been split into three by the Prince who cursed Zelda to sleep. So this explains why he got the Triforce of Power, and so went after Wisdom, but the Prince had hidden Courage away.

Zelda Oracles follows Zelda II - The Triforce is united, in a palace in Hyrule. Ganon is ashes and his followers are trying to revive him with Zelda's blood.

Link's Awakening follows Zelda Oracles, as you see him sail off on a boat, "In search for more troubles arising from Ganon's ashes"

Rikkun said:
AHAHAH Thanks for sharing this!

I'd love to take a seat and enjoy the party, but I'm on a SS blackout and I already saw too much in the first page :(

but part of this thread's creation was because of us SS black-outers who want to talk zelda without being spoiled.

Baconbitz

Banned
Ok, I figure this is the right place for this. Playing through LoZ on my 3DS. I'm stuck in the 4th level. I think I'm missing something but I'm not sure.

Can someone give me a hint, tip, advice?

Mumei

Professor Beef said:
I should really give Seasons/Ages another chance. Never even got past the third dungeon in Seasons.

g6M29.png

Also, if you're not doing the sidequests first in MM before hitting up Woodfall, you're doing it wrong. :mad:

So many heart pieces to get!

Mistle

Electivirus said:
I approve. I should really continue my 3-heart run of Master Quest in OoT 3D...

BUT IT'S SO HARRRRRRD
I've died a couple of times in the Deku Tree.

IN THE DEKU TREE

Top Bottom