• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Libertines are back together and going to release a new album in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
NME

The reunited band released their last studio LP – 2004's self-titled second album – through Rough Trade, but have now announced that they are signed to the major label.

The band inked the deal on Ko Si Chang Island in Thailand, a boat ride away from the Hope Rehabilitation Centre where Pete Doherty is currently in rehab, and have stated that they plan to release their third LP in 2015.

Speaking in a statement about the deal, Doherty said, "I don’t know what to say, I’m so happy. It was a beautiful day." Co-frontman Carl Barât added: "After everything we have been through The Albion sails on course again, I couldn't be more excited."

The-Libertines.jpg

OnPoint

Gonna have to give this a shot, I do like their previous work.

This single is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I don't dislike it on first listen.

PillarEN

Nervous to hear the single. I'm just gonna listen to the full album when it comes out. All aboard the ship of Albion.

CoolOff

I really don't like Gunga Din, it's like the bad parts of Babyshambles, but I'm still interested in what they might do on a full album.

Edit: SHIIIII the other one is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom