• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NCAA Men's College BASEBALL Official Thread of June Madness -Back home in Omaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Also, fuck Time Warner Cable to hard right now for this ESPN3 outage. Most of the games are on there.

I'm all sitting here, ready to fire up four games on my PC through my 58" plasma, and instead I'm forced to catch the ESPNU coverage. God dammit TWC

Ominym

Banned
Best part about living in Omaha? I get amazing seats, parking is free, and most of the time? I get free booze.

But then June passes and you remember you're a bastion in a field of corn until September.

impirius

Was driving back from the beach and my radio feed died seconds before the final hit....ugh. Gotta find a video clip somewhere!
The whole thing is on WatchESPN. Haven't seen any clips yet. I'll bet the radio guys were going nuts from the ninth inning on.

Vanderbilt just came back with 6 runs in the final two innings to knock off NC State in Raleigh
What's going on in North Carolina today? First the 3-run walkoff homer for the Johnnies, now this!

Huff

Banned
hmm just noticed this thread.

can't believe I missed the UF no hitter. hope to make it to gainesville for super regionals if I can get off work

oh and lol at miami, been talking so much shit to all my UM friends

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
hmm just noticed this thread.

can't believe I missed the UF no hitter. hope to make it to gainesville for super regionals if I can get off work

WELCOME. This is a glorious thread of happiness.

Also, I believe now six SEC teams have punched tickets into Regional Finals. Looking good for the SEC to get at least a couple teams, if not more, into the CWS

TheNatural

My Member!
Dumbass Cards, would have had a run if the guy didn't do the chicken dance before going on a passed ball. Or stayed because he walked the next runner anyway.

TheNatural

My Member!
Gotta admit, I've barely kept up with college baseball this year and last since my school hasn't done all that well. It's weird to see these bats and not hear the metal ping anymore. Actually I think that's one of the bigger reason's we haven't done shit lately, because of Dan McDonnell's super aggressive swing away style, the offense has fallen off a ton after 2010.

UCF won a nail biter over Stony Brook. They will play the SB/Missouri St. winner.

UCF has won the first two four times before but have never been able to advance to the super regional. Hopefully that changes.

If things work out, it could be UCF and LSU in the supers. Which would be crazy as the UCF coach is an ex LSU assistant and we also have one of their former pitchers. But I'll try not to get ahead of myself. UCF has a way of making things more difficult than they should be...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Updated the schedule and have given Zona the win, a bit early, but going to sleep.

Should be a fun day tomorrow! Elimination games and teams punching tickets to supers! Another 32 scheduled games! Woohoo!

cashman

Banned
UCF won a nail biter over Stony Brook. They will play the SB/Missouri St. winner.

UCF has won the first two four times before but have never been able to advance to the super regional. Hopefully that changes.

If things work out, it could be UCF and LSU in the supers. Which would be crazy as the UCF coach is an ex LSU assistant and we also have one of their former pitchers. But I'll try not to get ahead of myself. UCF has a way of making things more difficult than they should be...

heh, when I used to play that old NCAA baseball game on the xbox, I always used pick UCF. The pitcher back then had a crazy curve.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
So glad Arkansas won tonight. Also wish I would have been able to see the back half of the SC/Clemson game. I was hanging out at a friend's house and missed everything after the 5th inning. The worst thing about living in Connecticut since I graduated is that no one up here cares about any college sport outside of men's and women's basketball.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Getting started early in Charlottesville today as they are playing three games to make up one of the missed games on Friday, and at least one game tomorrow (two if necessary) to make up the other missed game. Oklahoma and Army tied at 0 in the B2.

33 games on the agenda today. at least 17 teams will be eliminated. We'll probably get 8-10 Super Regional qualifiers as well!

49 teams left on the road to Omaha. Gonna wipe out over half of those today

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Texas regional hosts are having a rough go of it. Baylor is in losers bracket and Aggies and Rice both eliminated this morning

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Arkansas is off to a good start with a 2 run first inning. I was so excited because that D1 Baseball site had a link to live video for the game so I finally thought I would get to do something besides follow a stats tracker, but when I clicked the link I just got a message saying that the video hasn't been archived yet. Boo-urns.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Defending national champion South Carolina punches its ticket to the supers. Will host

Pepperdine scores 6 runs in 9th on two bases loaded walks and a grand slam to eliminate Fresno State

Purdue eliminated

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Florida punches its ticket, and will host.

Florida and South Carolina super regionals start Saturday

Florida State super starts Friday.

3 national seeds through so far.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Creighton eliminates New Mexico, will face UCLA and needs to win twice.

Schedule is being updated as results come in on the first page

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A home team actually making it to the CWS? Hopefully they don't head out in the first round like Nebraska did.

Nebraska only went 2-n-BBQ the first two times. the third time we beat ASU with Joba on the mound, lost to Florida (after our pitcher got injured too), and then the third game we played ASU again, had an amazing go ahead 3-run shot from Andy Gerch while ESPN was interviewing his cancer stricken father (who died later that year) and their fucking leadoff hitter hit three home runs, including one off our closer in the 9th that was just a towering pop fly that carried to dead center and just dropped over the wall. lost in extras.

oh well.

And Creighton has made it before... they actually are the official university host of the CWS and now with TD Ameritrade play all their home games there

FyreWulff

Nebraska only went 2-n-BBQ the first two times. the third time we beat ASU with Joba on the mound, lost to Florida (after our pitcher got injured too), and then the third game we played ASU again, had an amazing go ahead 3-run shot from Andy Gerch while ESPN was interviewing his cancer stricken father (who died later that year) and their fucking leadoff hitter hit three home runs, including one off our closer in the 9th that was just a towering pop fly that carried to dead center and just dropped over the wall. lost in extras.

oh well.

And Creighton has made it before... they actually are the official university host of the CWS and now with TD Ameritrade play all their home games there

Yeah, I still have to relearn who's what home team and stadium. Also the fucking Royals actually winning games AFTER they go to Werner Park.. jerks.

I get annoyed every time a Nebraska team makes it and people bitch about lost money or some shit.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Yeah, I still have to relearn who's what home team and stadium. Also the fucking Royals actually winning games AFTER they go to Werner Park.. jerks.

I get annoyed every time a Nebraska team makes it and people bitch about lost money or some shit.

yeah, Creighton isn't going to make it. I'll ban myself if Creighton makes it. No way. No how. They dont' have the bats to damage UCLA's staff

F Yeah. Hoping to make it down the CWS this year. I only have two weeks to figure out if I am or not. Never been to TD yet. Last time I went was the last year or Rosenblatt, what was that 2 years ago? It's so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom