• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Official Guild Wars Guild Recruitment Drive.

Nobody else seems to want to do this, and since Manabyte has had at least some early success with his WoW guild thread, I figure what the hell. I mean, I've played the game for a year without a guild... sometimes I wonder what it would be like with one. So let's all try to get a GW guild up and running for NeoGAF members.

But before I do anything, I want to see a show of hands from interested parties. If you're interested in joining a NeoGAF members -based guild, post here. If we get a few dozen folks interested, then great; if it's less than ten, well... it's probably best if we just forget this ever happened, all right?

You guys will need to pick out a guild name and a cape, too. At the moment I'm thinking some variation on our motto ("Believe") or - unless there are objections - the WoW guild's name or a play on that. And this ought to help with the cape design:

Cape symbols

Cape shapes

Cape details

Color suggestions for each would be appreciated as well.

EDIT: Guild's name is Asura Taste Like Chicken [nGAF]. Whisper "Spykus Spiegelos" or post here for an invite.

28sogat.jpg

Mr Jared

I've been wanting to get back into Guild Wars forever ... I've only ever played the original campaign :(

So count me in on this should it get rolling.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm willing to buy whichever expansion we focus on.

vertopci

I'll join the guild. I don't play as much as I used to due to a massive backlog of games, movies and TV shows I want to finish. But I'll still be on every now and then. If you make the guild.

Edit: I would love to GvG.

tawal

I'm up for it, and the emblems and such don't matter to me. I'm cool with a GAF backronym-type thing (like "Gnomes are Food" or whatever they did) and "Believe." as a motto. As I said in the official thread, though: Prophecies-only and I'm not likely to buy anything else related to the game for a while.

bengraven

Poor Spike. :( Oh what the hell, I have barely played since I started the game (too much WoW), but I'll gladly quit my guild to join an all GAF one. Maybe it'll be more fun that way.

I would reinstall the game and start playing if a guild started up. I want to at some point but I don't have much incentive besides the prospect of a guild. I never joined one when I used to play it a bit, in between when I quit wow and started up again :) (but not playing WoW these days. Anyway I also never got past lvl8! I just kept trying to pvp and dying, plus I guess I found the PvM frustrating but that was probably cuz I didn't usually have a group. Anyway sign me up..

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Think I was going to say it but never ended up doing so.

Anyway hassle me for Guild Wars 2 Spike!

28sogat.jpg

Guild's name is Asura Taste Like Chicken [nGAF]. I'll be working on my SS/LB titles this weekend in Remains of Sahlahja, so either whisper me ("Spykus Spiegelos") or post your character's name (and campaigns you own) here and I'll send you an invite.

Ok send that invite whenever

Character name: Gilliam Yeager
I have all the expansions, currently playing the original

Also
How do missions work exactly?
Is there only one mission per "area"?

I just did one at the great northern wall, i was like oh thats different, oh hey cutscenes!

are there any other "cutoff" points with doing missions and story quests where the world changes and suddenly theres no access to some old quests?

Grayman

pancakesandsex said:
are there any other "cutoff" points with doing missions and story quests where the world changes and suddenly theres no access to some old quests?
You can never go back to pre searing ascalon after you finish there. Anything else is unbreakable. You can even change your secondary profession much much later and go back and take the quests specific to that profession that you were never offered before.

vertopci

So how is the guild going?

After I get everything on my computer sorted out (Hard drive died) I might join you guys :D

Panda

vertopci said:
So how is the guild going?

Ditto, how is the guild going? I've just started vanquishing Tyria on Hard Mode (and it really is hard!) so I could definately use some help.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I haven't even met pancakesandsex in-game yet, don't know if he accepted my invite either. And I've only been on a few hours the past few weeks, mostly during Canthan New Year, so I've done zero recruiting and received no requests to join. Other than that, the guild is doing great.

I'm looking to get into this as well as Blue Burst, hopefully within the week. I've been having a hell of a time bridging a wireless connection from my laptop (PowerBook) to my PC. I'd probably be able to play at least two nights a week, as I'll be running Blue Burst casually fairly often, and I'm on WoW at least twice a week with a regular group as well. Let's keep this thread going, so we can get a guild together!

I just realized that only one of my characters needed to be invited. :lol

Is this guild still alive? Come on GAF, we need a revival!

I suppose it's that dastardly WoW thread's fault! Should I start playing WoW again? :3

edit: Should I get any of the expansions? I only have Prophecies and a couple unlocked skills from Factions (due to the free weekend tests).

Sorry about my inattentiveness, but I'm on a break from GW -- haven't logged in since Canthan New Year. Increased responsibilities at work, massive backlog of PS2 games, a stack of unread comics and graphic novels, my other hobbies, and a neglected social life... something had to give, and Guild Wars was it. The new Prophecies endgame stuff might get me to log in again, though.

If someone wants to take over the guild, by all means let me know so I can transfer leadership. Or just start a new one; pancakes is the only member besides myself so it's not like dissolving the guild would be a big deal.

Top Bottom