• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New FIFA (360) Coca Cola Championship League Thread - Season Has Begun

jibblypop

Banned
Most of the soccer GAF crew moved on to the "new" site.. that is why it's hard for you guys to find people..

Anyways I'll play if you still need someone.

Fixed1979

Would love to join, unfortunately I grabbed 09 for the PS3. If you're doing this again for 10 then I'll grab the 360 version I suppose.

jibblypop said:
Most of the soccer GAF crew moved on to the "new" site.. that is why it's hard for you guys to find people..

Anyways I'll play if you still need someone.

What team do you want? Crystal Palace, Charlton and Norwich seem to be still available

jibblypop

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
What team do you want? Crystal Palace, Charlton and Norwich seem to be still available

Is Crystal Palace a real team? What an awesome name! Just give me whatever one is best of the three since I'm terrible at this game.

WJD

Just a heads up, until I get my gaming router - there might be a few problems with me connecting to certain users because of NAT issues.

It might be ok though. Hopefully.

jibblypop

Banned
I've never done one of these tourneys before... how does it work? It says 2 matches are due by the end of the week.. is that a home and away game versus the team listed?
Or 2 games versus 2 different teams?

jibblypop said:
I've never done one of these tourneys before... how does it work? It says 2 matches are due by the end of the week.. is that a home and away game versus the team listed?
Or 2 games versus 2 different teams?

You play one opponent twice. One home match. One away match, hence two results. It's important when giving me the results back that you get right who played home and who played away for each result.

jibblypop

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
You play one opponent twice. One home match. One away match, hence two results. It's important when giving me the results back that you get right who played home and who played away for each result.

Thanks. Last question I swear - when are these first matches due? Sunday?

jibblypop said:
Thanks. Last question I swear - when are these first matches due? Sunday?

N.A said:
I don't suppose you can play now?

You can ask as many as you want. The league officially starts tomorrow although I'll accept any results today. The next round of fixtures will be given next Wednesday, so in between then, you can give me this weeks fixtures anytime you want.

For example, you could play your fixtures tomorrow (home and away) and post your results back here. Done. Just wait until your next set of fixtures next Wednesday.

woodchuck

Meus Renaissance said:
How would a "bye" system work in a league format with no play-offs?

someone doesn't play a certain week. here's what it looked like in the mls league:

10q9n3p.jpg

just think of it as having 14 teams with someone named "bye". i guess that doesn't matter now that you got the last person

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So we play two games against our opponent this week? One home and one away? Also, how do you want us to post the results? Anything to note other than score?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fixed1979 said:
Would love to join, unfortunately I grabbed 09 for the PS3. If you're doing this again for 10 then I'll grab the 360 version I suppose.
We did at least four FIFA 09 leagues/tourneys this year so that's a safe bet. I think someone tried to set up a PS3 league when the game first came out, but that effort consisted of approximately two posts from one person. :lol

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
Bristol v Sheffield Wednesday * Tf53 will not be able to play until the 4th of August because of special circumstances

gah! can you maybe draw up my next fixture for me early so i can get some games out of the way? it's the shiny new league and i wanna get some games inasap !

seriously though, I'm going to be on a plane on Aug 5th-6th, and it'll be a busy few days before i leave so i was hoping to get my first two rounds of fixtures done before i left since I'd prefer not to try and fit in 4 games or whatever while i'm jetlagged and swamped with work.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
MOUNDIR VS TONY: I ADDED YOU TO MY FRIENDS LIST. I AM AVAILABLE MOST WEEKNIGHTS AFTER 9 PM EST AND WEEKENDS DURING THE DAY. LET ME KNOW MAN LETS DO THIS

AstroLad said:
So we play two games against our opponent this week? One home and one away? Also, how do you want us to post the results? Anything to note other than score?

Its important you remember who played Home first. E.g, your fixture is Plymouth Argyle v Wolves. You can't say "I won 5-4". You need to put it in the following format

Plymouth Argyle 4 - 5 Wolves

Any additional information, such as possession and shots on target is completely up to you but its not a requirement.

k0ji-wd said:
gah! can you maybe draw up my next fixture for me early so i can get some games out of the way? it's the shiny new league and i wanna get some games inasap !

seriously though, I'm going to be on a plane on Aug 5th-6th, and it'll be a busy few days before i leave so i was hoping to get my first two rounds of fixtures done before i left since I'd prefer not to try and fit in 4 games or whatever while i'm jetlagged and swamped with work.

I understand. However I can't flip and shuffle the fixtures because of one person, it will affect others. I will let you know that your fixture for the 2nd week is (Reading v Bristol) however I won't update the league from results other than for the fixtures at hand. In other words, you can play that game against Reading but it won't show on the league till the following week. And if you're okay with that, you'll need to contact cjelly and ask him if it's okay if he can play you this week (unofficially) but that he won't have a game for next week as he's playing it now with you.

That's as much as I can do without it having a domino effect on others. I'm sorry man

N.A

Banned
Nottingham Forest 2 - 0 Crystal Palace

Scorers:
Earnshaw x2

Crystal Palace 0 - 3 Nottingham Forest

Scorers:
Earnshaw x2
Garner

:D

Good games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Meus Renaissance said:
Its important you remember who played Home first. E.g, your fixture is Plymouth Argyle v Wolves. You can't say "I won 5-4". You need to put it in the following format

Any additional information, such as possession and shots on target is completely up to you but its not a requirement.

Ok, but we play two games right?
So this means Plymouth is home?

Totally up to you but I think at least requiring people to list goal scorers and keeping track of that is fun.

jibblypop

Banned
N.A said:
:D

Good games.

haha oh man! What a massacre! The first game I had at least 1 or 2 good chances but the second game was a real blowout! Good Games! :D

This is gonna be a long season! :lol

AstroLad said:
Ok, but we play two games right?
So this means Plymouth is home?

Totally up to you but I think at least requiring people to list goal scorers and keeping track of that is fun.

Right. When Team A v Team B are drawn, it naturally means that the second immediate match between them will be Team B v Team A.

I agree with you on the scorers aspect. I'll add that to the OP

AstroLad said:
MOUNDIR VS TONY: I ADDED YOU TO MY FRIENDS LIST. I AM AVAILABLE MOST WEEKNIGHTS AFTER 9 PM EST AND WEEKENDS DURING THE DAY. LET ME KNOW MAN LETS DO THIS

OK NO PROBLEM THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT I CAN READ EVEN IF YOUR POST ISN'T IN CAPS

I'll be online tonight if you want, it's gonna be like 3 am here but that won't be a problem I guess. It's just that I'll be totally tired tomorrow :lol

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
I understand. However I can't flip and shuffle the fixtures because of one person, it will affect others. I will let you know that your fixture for the 2nd week is (Reading v Bristol) however I won't update the league from results other than for the fixtures at hand. In other words, you can play that game against Reading but it won't show on the league till the following week. And if you're okay with that, you'll need to contact cjelly and ask him if it's okay if he can play you this week (unofficially) but that he won't have a game for next week as he's playing it now with you.

That's as much as I can do without it having a domino effect on others. I'm sorry man

Cool, i'm pretty sure cjelly won't have a problem with playing our game early. Do you still want me to post the results here after we play it (I mean if we play it soon)?

k0ji-wd said:
Cool, i'm pretty sure cjelly won't have a problem with playing our game early. Do you still want me to post the results here after we play it (I mean if we play it soon)?

No, just PM me so people don't get confused.

N.A said:
Shouldn't we be playing two opponents (twice each) each week?

That was the original plan but with people all of a sudden letting me know they might not be available for X reason made the alternative of just 1 tie (two matches) easier. I looked at the fixture list and it would have exploded by the 3rd week if I didn't loosen it up. It would have meant they need to catch up with fixtures, but also mean their opponents would need to wait longer to compensate. That's the thing that sucks about organizing it all. If one person has a problem, then it effects their opponent - and as a consequence, his opponent etc.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Moundir&Tony>you said:
OK NO PROBLEM THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT I CAN READ EVEN IF YOUR POST ISN'T IN CAPS

I'll be online tonight if you want, it's gonna be like 3 am here but that won't be a problem I guess. It's just that I'll be totally tired tomorrow :lol
Ok well don't let me keep you up tonight. I should be home by 9 but can't say for certain right now.

AstroLad said:
Ok well don't let me keep you up tonight. I should be home by 9 but can't say for certain right now.

Ok then, we can play tomorrow if you want, I'll have nothing to do on thursday, so I can stay awake until you're available.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I guess we are doing 5m halves? No OT?

ps moundir i will definitely be home by 9 tonight, possibly earlier.

I don't know what to say. This morning my computer effectively was murdered. Power surge took out most of both hard drives, and anything recovered would take at least a week if at all. I can't find my backup HDD with valuable pictures on it, the coursework due in Friday that I've been working on most of the time all this week is gone along with other important things. That includes the fixture roster and excel templates I was editing.

I'm deflated to say the least. I'm working on my sisters PC and I have to type up 7,000 words by the end of the week to save my academic hopes. Unfortunately I don't know what that means for the league, its pretty much dead as I see it now. My sincere apologies to all, I know some of you were looking forward to it (so was I) but I need to sit down and think things over.

woodchuck

Meus Renaissance said:
I don't know what to say. This morning my computer effectively was murdered. Power surge took out most of both hard drives, and anything recovered would take at least a week if at all. I can't find my backup HDD with valuable pictures on it, the coursework due in Friday that I've been working on most of the time all this week is gone along with other important things. That includes the fixture roster and excel templates I was editing.

I'm deflated to say the least. I'm working on my sisters PC and I have to type up 7,000 words by the end of the week to save my academic hopes. Unfortunately I don't know what that means for the league, its pretty much dead as I see it now. My sincere apologies to all, I know some of you were looking forward to it (so was I) but I need to sit down and think things over.

damn. sorry to hear that man. Good luck with your coursework.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah don't fail out. i might just create a double-elimination tourney and everyone can pick up there.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
last reminder bump for any stragglers to go to the new thread and get their round 1 games played by wed

I managed to recover all my data :D I'm sure the Excel template is lying around here somewhere so we can use it for FIFA 10. Maybe even a UCL Tournament?

Top Bottom