• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the official I got a job now I need a car thread.Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubanb

Banned
Ok, i got a job offer for after college. I got one year left until I graduate, but I got a job offer to start in fall 2005. I want a new car. I will be making around50k a year, so I need to find a car affordable in my price range(which I havent figured out yet).
So far I have been looking at getting a toyota celica for around 23k
photo_5.jpg

but id like to see as many models as possible(with pics) . so tell me what car u would get if you were me

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Celicas are chick cars.

Or at least, that's what people told me when I was car shopping. I ended up with a 98 Prelude.

HAOHMARU

Yea, I like the Scion tC too...you can get one with a super charger for about 20K, or the low end model for around 16K.

cubanb

Banned
is the sciot tc out? i dont see it on toyota's website

ooo that new mustang is pretty sweet

I also like the dodge...

see this is why I started this thread

HAOHMARU

Scion tC is out I've seen them on the road...it is a Toyota subdivision company so I don't think it would be on Toyota's webpage.

The new Mustang is awesome too...

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
cubanb said:
Ok, i got a job offer for after college. I got one year left until I graduate, but I got a job offer to start in fall 2005. I want a new car. I will be making around50k a year, so I need to find a car affordable in my price range(which I havent figured out yet).
So far I have been looking at getting a toyota celica for around 23k
photo_5.jpg

but id like to see as many models as possible(with pics) . so tell me what car u would get if you were me

The Celica (and MR2) brands are going bye-bye soon.
The 2005 models will be the last year..
..the reason: Scion.

Go get a Scion tC - that's the car I want (it's <$17k btw...). If only fucking Toyota Canada would forget about the crappy Echo and bring the Scion brand up here..

Might wanna look at Mazda 3 too...

Btw, it doesn't seem like you know much about cars.
You might wanna go car shopping with someone you know who's experienced before you drop any cash...

Cooper

Pochacco said:
If only fucking Toyota Canada would forget about the crappy Echo and bring the Scion brand up here..

You probably know this, but the Scion xA and xB are built on the Echo platform, so they can't really "forget" about the Echo with the Scions. The tC is a different platform however....

Celicar

Banned
I have a celica. :(

I do want to get rid of it though. I'm sick of it. I'll be graduating in December and I too am starting to look for a new car. I was thinking an Audi A6, or that's what I believe it's called. Beh. I just started looking...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I know that Mazda/Ford for sure offer an incentive program for college grads. Definitely look into stuff like that.

That fuckin' Scion tC is so hot. But I love something about the xB, too.

cubanb

Banned
Pochacco said:
Btw, it doesn't seem like you know much about cars.
You might wanna go car shopping with someone you know who's experienced before you drop any cash...
best advice yet, altough i am really liking the scion and the new mustang. I loike toyota a lot and have a year to decide

Pimpwerx

If you're gonna buy a Celica, pay a couple grand more and get a MR2 Spyder. I'm a proud owner and can't speak well enough about it. Celicas are POSes IMO. And if you want to mod them, they are very limited. The 2zz engine has too high of a compression I think. You'll either run low boost on a turbo or have to change the pistons to lower compression ones. I really don't like them. I think it's one of the crappiest sorts cars out there. Underpowered and overpriced. A deadly combination. :(

If you want a cheap sports car though, check the SRT/4. Yeah, it's a Neon, but it's one of the fastest cars in its price range. PEACE.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Scion Tc is awesome. It performs and handles well, although nothing to blow your socks off. The supercharger will make it a lot of fun though, and be under warranty to boot. The key is the features. Best moonroof ever. I will say that only the Mini Cooper's bigass moonroof comes close, and lacks the cool factor. There's an MP3 player standard, the front seats fold back, and the rears recline so you can have like beach chairs. There's also lots of room inside. The only problem might be if this thing gets too popular, it'll have Civic syndrome, where there's two on every corner. I would have bought the car if I wasn't looking for something specific. Test drive it, and try out all the stuff in the car. You might fall in love too. I think every car should come with seats like the Tc. You can kick back and just chill with the moonroof open and your feet up. :)

Dilbert

What is your absolute cap on price? What features are the most important to you?

- Exterior styling? If so, what kind of car do you want -- sports, sedan, economy, truck?
- Interior comfort? If so, what features are most important?
- Performance? What are your targets for horsepower, size, handling, ride?
- Brand name? Any preferences between foreign or domestic? Any particular names to avoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom