• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This fucking team is cursed, this is ridiculous.

Down 21-20 I am at my my 17 yardline with the ball and the clock winding down to 20 seconds. I am on the right hash and it's 2nd down, I told myself I would run one more play to get the ball to the center of the field for the easy FG to win. Hike to KJ, fumble, Ror recovers, he wins. Fucking bullshit, fuck this fucking team.

Is anyone else not interested in this league, I have no desire to finish due to the format. As I said before my game to Ror:

[18:12] <Rorschach> np I don't really care about this season anymore
[18:12] <Rorschach> it's lame this way
[18:12] <CK> neither do I
[18:12] <CK> It really is

Never once on a last minute 4th quarter drive to tie/win have I been stopped across two seasons now, and the one time I am? Fucking fumble. It's like if a fan ran onto the field and stole the ball from me, but the refs give me the L. Fuck that.

:D get back in there and play!

I guess I should win the superbowl by default since I ended Malleys win streak.

Keep it going, we only have 18 days remaining. Make that 2 games a day and we're set.

Rorschach

iceDragon7 said:
:D get back in there and play!

I guess I should win the superbowl by default since I ended Malleys win streak.

Keep it going, we only have 18 days remaining. Make that 2 games a day and we're set.
Wanna play?

Updated List

iceDragon7
Truelize
hgplayer1
Fifty
Drey1082

hgplayer1

Rorschach said:
Wanna play?

Updated List

iceDragon7
Truelize
hgplayer1
Fifty
Drey1082

wait is that people you still need to play or have already played? Im looking at my schedule and we had one game and have already played it. I could have sworn I did have you scheduled for another game though?

Im available tonight if anyone wants to play. message me on AIM. bcsplayer1

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
wait is that people you still need to play or have already played? Im looking at my schedule and we had one game and have already played it. I could have sworn I did have you scheduled for another game though?

Im available tonight if anyone wants to play. message me on AIM. bcsplayer1
Oops copied the wrong list...sorry :p We just like to play you so much!!

REAL LIST:

iceDragon7
Truelize
Fifty
Drey1082

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
woohoo, first to 1000 yards rushing. And it only took 9 games! And 45 broken tackles FTW!

And own the records for Broken tackles in a game with 9, and the longest pass and catch! Wright is AEWSOME, AWESMOE IS WRIGHT!

Wellington said:
Is anyone else not interested in this league, I have no desire to finish due to the format.

I couldn't be any less interested. The format has boned Season 2 for me. I was going to keep my Xbox around since Season 1 was so much fun, but I'm thinking about throwing it up on ebay or trading it in on launch day now.

If anyone wants to get some league games over with... IM me

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ive mentioned it already but I'm burnt out playing this version,maybe its cause Ive played so many games besides league games,maybe its cause I know the 360 version is coming and maybe its cause I hate the Jags and I have no idea why I took them and I suck ass cause I've stopped playng except for league games.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FMT put a vote, tourney or finish the season, because the interest that is here is enough for a playoff... so lets just do that, and Maybe I can play another game like nba 2kDix... I am down for either option... alright I am out

Ramirez said:
How can an open schedule be that big of a deal guys? :lol

Because I actually have more fun following the stats over the course of a season than the actual games we play? And having some people have 10 games complete and others 7 games or whatever fucks any enjoyment I get from that stuff? The whole league just feels cheap to me when we aren't trying to simulate a real nfl season.

But I guess it doesn't matter now. If we're doing it this way I want to get this done asap so I can get rid of my xbox I guess. So IM me for league games people.

Lonestar

Cold,

I've got your player stats written in Excel. If you can view this file, just PM me an email to send it to. If not, I'll see about sending them over IM.

Fifty

Yeah. I can't say I didn't see this coming. What made our league great (some may disagree but I know many agree) was that we had a schedule and stuck to it. You actually looked forward to the week advancing, and games didn't feel like a chore. Plus of course the stats...players of the week, etc put it a level above all other leagues. It's a shame the 360 had to come out now :p

Ramirez

It isn't like you guys have to play your entire schedule in 2 days...you can still keep it at one game every 2 days or w/e...just seems like some of the people complaining are people that were winning last season and now that they're not winning their interest is dropping :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
It isn't like you guys have to play your entire schedule in 2 days...you can still keep it at one game every 2 days or w/e...just seems like some of the people complaining are people that were winning last season and now that they're not winning their interest is dropping :lol

I gave my reasons for being bored with the game,I'm still trying to get my games in,remember you quit the first season and only came back cause you felt bad that fmt paid for it :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Yup...don't see me complaining much anymore though do you?Nah didn't think so.

eh :lol

DCX

DCX
Despite playing alot better this season VS last, i do feel like this season is missing something...i also looked forward to rankings, awards and the such...but what can you do...in all likelyhood, this will be the last madden season on XBOX...it sucks. I won't be joining the 360 league til like maybe season three :(

DCX

Lonestar

hmm, tough decision. On one hand, it'll kill my chance at 100 Broken Tackles. But on the other hand, I think I'm in the wildcard race now anyway. Hmmm....

DCX

DCX
How can we do that with some players having 11 games in and some with like 3..who says they can make a 7 game winning streak and get in the playoffs...i don't know man...i had fun season and paid my dues with a team i didn't want, now it's time for me to get comofrtable and not only are there not going to be any more seasons on XBOX but season 2 is shaping up to be a disaster....oh well, i guess i'll see you guys on three sitty with, yet again, another shitty team.

DCX

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
just seems like some of the people complaining are people that were winning last season and now that they're not winning their interest is dropping :lol
Bzzt! No.

The post that started this avalanche had me in the quote and the reason is not only what's already been mentioned (stats, schedule, etc), but also because playing all these games without stats and anticipation has numbed me. I don't get to see my opponent's play style and I play every game the exact same way dispite playing a completely different player. I'm not even burned out on this version of Madden like other people are. I liked this year's more than most people in these threads.

On the other hand, what would be the point of starting the playoffs now and how would you decide who gets in? Let's just finish it out.

[edit] sorry I wasn't available last night, ice. The sedatives took me out...didn't wake up 'till 4am ><

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
just seems like some of the people complaining are people that were winning last season and now that they're not winning their interest is dropping

Not really, im on pace to do what i did last year and i just feels to me like im trying more to get games in rather than actually try and do good. I find myself listening to music and browsing the fourms more during game and making dumb mistakes. Meh, Kill the season and turn it into a tournament

how is CK not winning with that kind of special teams production??

p.s. rors do you realize that in almost every game you've ever recorded, you have recorded your 3rd down percentages in the wrong order? :lol

i've been changing it for you since about midway through season 1. you always put attempts where conversions go and vice versa. THAT's your secret! you use math against us!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

p.s. rors do you realize that in almost every game you've ever recorded, you have recorded your 3rd down percentages in the wrong order? :lol

i've been changing it for you since about midway through season 1. you always put attempts where conversions go and vice versa. THAT's your secret! you use math against us!
:lol No way! I always double check that, too because I know I mess it up (since it's the other way in the stats page in madden)...how the fuck. I'm retarded. :(

DCX

DCX
UPDATED LIST

- AZYUMA86
- Drey1082
- Truelize
- DJ Demon J
- KingVitaman
- Mrbob2k6
- Truelize

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

It's Harrington dude! I need JGar!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gah, i was about to beat Ice, and Mcnabb gets injured. Mike Mcmahon comes in, 5 passes to wide open recievers and all over thrown.

ColdBlooded33 said:
Gah, i was about to beat Ice, and Mcnabb gets injured. Mike Mcmahon comes in, 5 passes to wide open recievers and all over thrown.

Owned.

Sidenote: I almost ran out of blocks for my rushing stats. I had about 4-5 different rushers, Lucky I didn't attempt any with my QB otherwise I wouldn't have been able to insert stats for him.

fellas just a friendly reminder that we have about 11 more days left on our leaguedaddy subscription. i'm obviously not going to renew it immediately because a) we wont be playing season 3 on xbox (so it cant start right away) and b) we dont know when season 3 will start since we dont know everyone who will have x360 and madden.

please get your games done in the next week and a half or so, otherwise we're going to have to have the playoffs with people who have actually finished games :D

Update.

Mrbob2k6
Wellington
LonestarGA
AZYUMA86
Drey1082
Fifty

Send me an I M whenever you guys can get a game in.
Remember, new screen name SoCal18moss

Rorschach

Speaking of Moss...in my one point loss to Truelize:

Moss, Randy (WR) 9 rec, 392 yds, 4 TDs, 188 YAC, 2 Drp, 82 Long

:lol

Top Bottom