• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS3 Madden 2010 Online Franchise Interest Thread

Drek

As requested in the 360 version's thread.

WHAT: Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

This thread is just gauging interest and teams each person would want. I'll update the OP as we go and see if we all think we'll have enough for a respectable league. No specific details, we'll sort that out if we feel like we got enough to roll with.

And I'm up for the Broncos, FYI.

AFC East
1. Patriots (Corran Horn)
2. Dolphins
3. Bills (Gregor7777)
4. Jets

AFC West
1. Raiders
2. Chargers (Mr. Blonde)
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos (Drek)

AFC North
1. Steelers
2. Bengals
3. Browns
4. Ravens

AFC South
1. Titans
2. Colts
3. Jaguars
4. Texans (Bumblebeetuna)

NFC East
1. Cowboys (Syckx)
2. Giants (nyprimus2)
3. Eagles (Jtrizzy)
4. Redskins

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers (Afrikan)
3. Rams
4. Cardinals

NFC North
1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Vikings (TheyCallMeMoney/WebWarrior925)

NFC South
1. Falcons (Nightz)
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers
4. Saints (witness)

Updated as of 7/27/09 with tentative team assignments.

Afrikan

49ERS!!!!!!!!
2hwjvc2.jpg

PWillis.gif

PSN- AFRIKAN

SMOKE

Banned
Hell nah Afrikan, I called niners weeks ago or we can play for them. Ill be home tonight (in vegas) and we can handle this like men

Nightz

Well I'm kinda on the outside looking in for the 360 league, so I'm interested.
Mr. Blonde said:
I'm down. I want San Diego.
Gah, Chargers were my first choice. Falcons please.

Afrikan

SMOKE said:
Hell nah Afrikan, I called niners weeks ago or we can play for them. Ill be home tonight (in vegas) and we can handle this like men

were you planning to play on the PS3?.....if so, we can play for them if you want.....ummm, but I haven't been able to find Madden 09 for the past couple of months....

I'll put more effort to look for it later today, if not tomorrow morning.

Drek

For those interested in the 49ers, we're just feeling out initial interest and since this is a new league (no legacies) we'll look for a diplomatic solution.

Personally I like the idea of letting you guys play for it though, both use the desired team, winner gets 'em. One thing I would suggest though, maybe wait for the 2010 version to be out? Really lets us focus the league on this year's game and doesn't restrict those who don't have a copy of '09.

If we've got more than two people who want the same team we can resolve that with a mini-tournament possibly (just a suggestion).

For those interested in a specific team, please make it clear if your interest in a PS3 league remains if you don't get your team of choice. Don't want to think we've got enough people but after teams get sorted we have a bunch of people who are no longer interested.

SMOKE

Banned
Drek said:
For those interested in the 49ers, we're just feeling out initial interest and since this is a new league (no legacies) we'll look for a diplomatic solution.

Personally I like the idea of letting you guys play for it though, both use the desired team, winner gets 'em. One thing I would suggest though, maybe wait for the 2010 version to be out? Really lets us focus the league on this year's game and doesn't restrict those who don't have a copy of '09.

If we've got more than two people who want the same team we can resolve that with a mini-tournament possibly (just a suggestion).

For those interested in a specific team, please make it clear if your interest in a PS3 league remains if you don't get your team of choice. Don't want to think we've got enough people but after teams get sorted we have a bunch of people who are no longer interested.

Thats cool, i'm down with that!

Drek

Jtrizzy said:
Hopefully we can get some more interest as release gets closer.
Hoping, Gregor said he'd take Buffalo in the other Madden thread, but until I get a response here I don't think I could lock it in.

Drek

SMOKE said:
Well, when can we get this tourny going to see who's gonna be the 49ers owner:D
We can start that as soon as Day 1 of release, or even now if you all agree you'd be up for playing it on '09 and it didn't leave anyone out.

SMOKE

Banned
Drek said:
We can start that as soon as Day 1 of release, or even now if you all agree you'd be up for playing it on '09 and it didn't leave anyone out.

Whatever yall down with im with, I have 09.

I will be picking up the game on day one and would like to participate. The Vikings would be my first pick, but if they are taken I'll take another team. Falcons, Cards, Chiefs are all fine with me too.

Drek

We've got a lot of interest from people wanting the same teams, so I'm thinking we'll have a week one "play for 'em" tourney, hopefully giving EA enough time to get rosters and online franchise patched if needed.

Anyone with interest please continue to post here and I'll set up a bracket for each contested team and let people duke it out.

SMOKE

Banned
Drek said:
We've got a lot of interest from people wanting the same teams, so I'm thinking we'll have a week one "play for 'em" tourney, hopefully giving EA enough time to get rosters and online franchise patched if needed.

Anyone with interest please continue to post here and I'll set up a bracket for each contested team and let people duke it out.

I'm still here nothings changed yet:D

oneHeero

FUCK!!!!! I'M TO LATE!!!!

If Cowboys person drops out, I will gladly take his place. Will have game day 1 and play all the time.

Drek

I'm here for now, been traveling for work, which sadly requires me to remove myself from the league, since I won't be in even remote proximity to my PS3 for probably the next two months. Sorry to have to bail on you all.

I do hope someone steps in to pick up this thread and you guys get the franchise off the ground though. If there is anything I can do sans-PS3 to help get this thing going just let me know.

I'll keep updating the list until someone steps forward to take it over, FYI.

I'd love to get the Raiders and get in on this league if it's going to go through. Picked up the game early today and the online is 1000% better than the last few versions. It's finally there. Streamlined, good to look at, and very intuitive.

Jtrizzy

Yeah I'd love to run it. I was actually the one who requested (begged) that someone start the thread in the first place. I'm a junior so I just couldn't start the thread.

I've been posting for two+ years/3,500 posts and playing PS3 games online with gaffers all the time, so no worries about whether I'll be around to run it.

Jtrizzy

Drek said:
As requested in the 360 version's thread.

WHAT: Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

This thread is just gauging interest and teams each person would want. I'll update the OP as we go and see if we all think we'll have enough for a respectable league. No specific details, we'll sort that out if we feel like we got enough to roll with.

And I'm up for the Broncos, FYI.

AFC East
1. Patriots (Corran Horn)
2. Dolphins (Mbmonk)
3. Bills (Gregor7777)
4. Jets

AFC West
1. Raiders (Cartridge Blower)
2. Chargers (Mr. Blonde)
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos

AFC North
1. Steelers (Dynamic3)
2. Bengals
3. Browns (mikey/Clown Prince)
4. Ravens

AFC South
1. Titans
2. Colts
3. Jaguars
4. Texans (Bumblebeetuna)

NFC East
1. Cowboys (Syckx) (One Heero)
2. Giants (nyprimus2)
3. Eagles (Jtrizzy)
4. Redskins

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers (Afrikan)
3. Rams (flunkie44)
4. Cardinals (BJScott05)

NFC North
1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Vikings (TheyCallMeMoney/WebWarrior925)

NFC South
1. Falcons (Nightz)
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers
4. Saints (witness)

Updated as of 8/9/09 with tentative team assignments.

If I missed any of the teams assigned let me know...

-Mikey-

If eznark doesn't want the Packers I'll take em. Second choice would be the Browns.

PSN name is Clown-Prince

bjscott05

I'll take the cardinals. PM me if this league comes to fruition. :D

really though I want this to happen big time...very excited for this game

Top Bottom