• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS3 Madden 2010 Online Franchise Interest Thread

-Mikey-

Jtrizzy! I'd like to switch from the Packers to the Browns, if you'll let me.

Probably going to regret this. :lol

Jtrizzy

:lol you must be crazy!

Anyway, it looks like we'll have plenty of players so let's start talking about the league. This is not probably not going to be as hardcore as what they are doing in the 360 league, unless someone else wants to be commish and deal with FA/trades/draft after the first season. That said, we will be taking a lot of cues from them user catches being one of them. We'll rely on them to decide what is cheese (rocket catches etc) and what is allowed.

Personally, I'm not sure how interested I am in doing a second year in a franchise mode with free agency and drafting etc, but I am mildly interested just to see how it works. If we can import draft classes from NCAA, I guess I'd be up for it, but I'm not going to be monitoring trades and FA after our season ends.

I'll be getting the game day one, but I want at least a week or two to get familiar with the system and to mainly to practice! I'd be fine with starting the same week as the NFL if that's what you guys want, but that will be just under a month after release.

If two other people would like to be co-commissioners we can do that, so that way we'll have a tie breaker when it comes to making certain decisions, if not I will handle it with input from everyone.

So any suggestions you have, feel free to start posting them here. I'm going to go through the 360 league thread to see what makes sense in our league and will continue to throw stuff out there for discussion.

The only time I will be out is the last week of August on vacation. Whatever time you decide to start is fine by me. I don't really have any issues as far as users taking control of the WR and making the catch. The only real issue I have is when someone starts running no huddle non stop and doing goal line qb sneak over and over. I am sure there will be a glitch someone finds, but I really hope no one tries to use it.

I also believe there is some kind of web site EA created that you can view the league and see all the stats etc. Hopefully we can fill the league out and not have any CPU players.

I'm looking forward to playing some good games of Madden!:D

mbmonk

Jtrizzy said:
Personally, I'm not sure how interested I am in doing a second year in a franchise mode with free agency and drafting etc, but I am mildly interested just to see how it works. If we can import draft classes from NCAA, I guess I'd be up for it, but I'm not going to be monitoring trades and FA after our season ends.

I hope the franchise mode allows players to be replaced. So for example the steaming pile of dung that picks the Patriots ( just kidding ) is sick of playing can drop and another human can replace him if the comish approves.

-Mikey-

We might get more interest in this league after launch.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the teams fill out by then.

thomasbk

I'll be team number 32...
Since I cant be the Bills ill let everyone else choose their favorite team, but i dont want to be left out!

Jtrizzy

Awesome Nightz. We could use one more person now to be the tie breaker in case there are any disagreements.

and Johnny you have the Skins now.

WHAT: Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

AFC East
1. Patriots (Corran Horn)
2. Dolphins (Mbmonk)
3. Bills (Gregor7777)
4. Jets

AFC West
1. Raiders (Cartridge Blower)
2. Chargers (Mr. Blonde)
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos

AFC North
1. Steelers (Dynamic3)
2. Bengals
3. Browns (mikey/Clown Prince)
4. Ravens

AFC South
1. Titans
2. Colts Classic_Gsgscottforthewin
3. Jaguars
4. Texans (Bumblebeetuna)

NFC East
1. Cowboys (Syckx) (One Heero)
2. Giants (nyprimus2)
3. Eagles (Jtrizzy)
4. Redskins (Johnny_Park)

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers (Afrikan)
3. Rams (flunkie44)
4. Cardinals (BJScott05)

NFC North
1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers
4. Vikings (TheyCallMeMoney/WebWarrior925)

NFC South
1. Falcons (Nightz)
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers
4. Saints (witness)

Not looking bad guys, we're over half way now. I'll be getting the game tonight, but I won't have a solid internet connection till Monday.

Also, I'm going to be sending out friend requests tonight and tomorrow so keep an eye out for them. My PSN is the same as my gaf handle.

Jtrizzy

Picked up the game tonight at midnight. It's definitely an improvement over the demo and a big improvement over last years game.

I can't believe the Eagles picked up tonight...The Wildcat with Jackson, Westbrook, and Vick should be interesting, I didn't run a whole lot of it tonight though.

As far as the League, I should have a proper internet connection early next week at the latest. (right now I'm stealing, but it's too weak)

mbmonk

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, what difficulty are we going to play online? All Pro? Just need to know what difficulty to practice up on :)

GQman2121

Banned
Alright, since this looks like it's beginning to fill out, I will step up and claim the Ravens. My PSN is the same as my GAF handle.

Edit: Can we get the OP updated please? Who's running this league?

Nightz

GQman2121 said:
Alright, since this looks like it's beginning to fill out, I will step up and claim the Ravens. My PSN is the same as my GAF handle.

Edit: Can we get the OP updated please? Who's running this league?
Jtrizzy is running the league. The OP had to drop out, so the updated list is a few posts above yours.

I think I'll join in this league. I don't want to wait to see if there's enough (or any) free spots in the 360 league. Are the Titans available?

Flunkie

Banned
I'm getting excited, guys. Come on and fill out the league. :p I need to add lots of you to my friends list, but I may be reaching the limit.

I've never played in a league before, but how is 'fair play' instituted, if it is at all?

Will some players go for it on 4th every time, and run the Wildcat every play, etc? Or will there be things in place to try to cut cheese down?

Either way, I'm still in. Just curious to see how it will work.

Jtrizzy

AFC East
2. Dolphins (Mbmonk)
3. Bills (Gregor7777)
4. Jets

AFC West
2. Chargers (Mr. Blonde)
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos

AFC North
1. Steelers (Dynamic3)
2. Bengals
4. Ravens Gqman2121

AFC South
1. Titans Azwethinkweiz
3. Jaguars

NFC East
2. Giants (nyprimus2)
3. Eagles (Jtrizzy)

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers (Afrikan)
3. Rams (flunkie44)
4. Cardinals (BJScott05)

NFC North
1. Lions
2. Bears
3. Packers Mittelos

NFC South
1. Falcons (Nightz)
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers
4. Saints (witness)

Looking good! Updated as of August 14th. Played the game a lot last night and it is a step up in many ways over last year.

Jtrizzy

CartridgeBlower said:
I've never played in a league before, but how is 'fair play' instituted, if it is at all?

Will some players go for it on 4th every time, and run the Wildcat every play, etc? Or will there be things in place to try to cut cheese down?

Either way, I'm still in. Just curious to see how it will work.

I'm going to use the GAF 360 league as the template for this league since they've been doing this for years, but there will be a few differences.

Specifically, I'm hoping that since this is gaf and not gamefaqs, people won't cheese too much, especially on 4th downs. As far as Wildcat and other potential cheese plays, that is part of the reason we need to wait a week or two to start. That way we can see what they are patching and what we want to ban (rocket catch/user catches for example will likely be banned)

Edgeward

How often would you guys play in a week? I would like to play (even if my Niners are taken rawr) but I work long hours on weekdays and don't want to sign up for a bigger commitment than I can possibly do.

Jtrizzy

I'm fine with one game a week personally. The 360 league is doing 2. Either is fine with me, but I certainly understand if people want to just do one per week. Maybe if we do a second season we can bump it up to two.

This is the kind of thing we can certainly discuss though.

mittelos

Can't wait. Picking up my copy after work today.

One game a week is cool with me, though I'm sure I can do two a week if that's what is decided. The later our game times are, the better for me (CDT timezone).

Oh, forgot to mention earlier, my PSN ID is the same as my GAF name.

Hey guys, I am not trying to Highjack the thread so I will apologize if it appears I am.

I am also running a Madden PS3 League with some friends and IGNers. We currently have 19/32 teams full, so there are 13 teams left. Not everyone has picked their team so there are still some good teams available for you to pick. We are playing on All Pro, 5 minute quarters, Clock Accellerator OFF. We are trying to fill out the league so we have a full 32 user owned teams. We have some pretty serious gamers who are expected to play and complete their games. If you do not play at least a game a week, you will be removed, SO GET IT DONE, lol.

Anyways if any of you are interested or wanting to play in a second league, simply PM me. I didn't want to create a new thread or anything. If you know someone that may be interested, let me know.

These are the teams that are still available. Again, we dont have this many spots availabe, but 4 of the 19 team owners have yet to let me know their team.

Teams Remaining

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
AFC South
Houston Texans
AFC West
Oakland Raiders
NFC East
Washington Redskins
NFC North
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks

Edgeward

Cool. Personally once a week with a dash of twice if everyone finishes early for the first one would be jazz.

I'll take the Chiefs PSN - Edgeward34

Won't get the game till monday/tuesday but will definitely be on as it reaches my hands :D

mbmonk

I vote 1 game a week as well. If the games get played in a timely manner then the next season bump it to two a week.

You guys realize that with 1 game a week that the first season won't end until February, right? That means season 2 will probably last until Madden 11. Therefore, your awesome draft class after season 1 won't mean shit because you'll never get to use them before the Madden '11 league kicks in.

SMOKE

Banned
Well looks like we still have to have our competition to see who gets to run with the 49ers:D

I am home all day and weekend kicking ass online as usual:D

Holla so we can set this debacle up and I can win my niners this season.

witness

Gonna have to drop out of the league gentlemen, can only afford one game this month so I'm getting Batman: AA instead. So the Saints are open then, good luck.

SMOKE

Banned
witness said:
Gonna have to drop out of the league gentlemen, can only afford one game this month so I'm getting Batman: AA instead. So the Saints are open then, good luck.

Where's the WTF .gifs when you need them?:lol

I'll be on some batman shit too, that man is a beast.

mittelos

CartridgeBlower said:
Yeah, personally I vote to play 2 games a week. Having the season end in February seems like a pretty long first season.
Yeah, I agree. I like the schedule the 360 league is using- Wed and Sat at 9pm pst. That would be a problem though if anyone is in both leagues.

Edit- I'd like to trade the Packers for the Saints if possible. :D

If you can join multiple leagues i'll consider it (i will let you know tonight). If not than no, I want to play with my friends in another league.

3rdamention said:
NFC East
Washington Redskins

Hahah.

Dynamic3

mittelos said:
Yeah, I agree. I like the schedule the 360 league is using- Wed and Sat at 9pm pst. That would be a problem though if anyone is in both leagues.

Edit- I'd like to trade the Packers for the Saints if possible. :D

I agree we should do 2 games a week, but not Sat. at 9. That's going out time. Perhaps M/W?

Nightz

johnny_park said:
Is it going to be a problem with me living in Hawaii? You know with the time difference.

psn username: johnny_park
It shouldn't be. You just need to talk to your opponent for the week to set up a time and date that'll work for both of you. As long as you get the game in before the deadline it should be fine.

Dynamic3 said:
I agree we should do 2 games a week, but not Sat. at 9. That's going out time. Perhaps M/W?
The dates aren't the days you have to play. Those are the deadlines. You'll have to get your game in sometime before the deadline comes up.

Oops, forgot my PSN ID.

PSN ID: Assassin47 - Panthers

Also add my friend, he'll play all his games on time.
PSN ID: Havok_33 - Bears or Packers, which ever he likes, if someone takes one, leave the other. I'll ask him tmr.

Shurs

I'd love to be in this, but only as the Vikings. If the people who want them end up not joining, I'd be happy to take their place.

Jtrizzy

WHAT: Madden 2010 on the PRAYSTASHUN TRIPLE
WHEN: TBA, but shortly after release.

AFC East
2. Dolphins (Mbmonk)
3. Bills (Gregor7777)
4. Jets

AFC West
2. Chargers (Mr. Blonde)
3. Chiefs
4. Broncos (Thegloomypickle)

AFC North
1. Steelers (Dynamic3)
2. Bengals
4. Ravens

AFC South
1. Titans
3. Jaguars

NFC East
2. Giants (nyprimus2)
3. Eagles (Jtrizzy)

NFC West
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers (Afrikan)
3. Rams (flunkie44)
4. Cardinals (BJScott05)

NFC North
1. Lions (Captain N)
2. Bears
3. Packers

NFC South
1. Falcons (Nightz)
2. Buccaneers
3. Panthers (Assasin47)
4. Saints Mittelos

OK, lets do it just like the 360 league as far as the deadlines go. Let me know if I missed any teams.

Top Bottom