• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS5 Pro reveal and Geoff Keighley's biases

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
MV5BMTk5NTQ2NjMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTExMzY1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

When it’s time for the awards show

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Jeff’s a gaming journalist and the owner of the Game Awards so I’m 100% he’s not biased but maybe just more engaged with Sony at this time. He needs everyone happy to have his show be an industry success. He’s probably good friends with Phil and Nintendo execs as well and will hype the hell out of them next news cycle.

Plus I don’t care who gives us the news as long as it’s reliable

GrayChild

OP is just jealous that only Geoff gets Kojima's "Big Boss" every SGF/TGA (if you know what I mean).

The rest of us won't forget how he betrayed grandpa Don and uncle Phil.

The Dorito mob will have their revenge, Geoff. The green team never forgives, never forgets!

1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Geoff is like, the Buffy of hosts. Likeable but highly irritating in a way that only those who have experienced crabs can appreciate. 😅 Still, we go on, in the name of gaming. (Press F for respect).

consoul

Is this really the man we want in charge of all these important events?
Important events.

Geoff is the founder of the Geoffies and some other events, sure, but that doesn't make them important.

We watch and have a laugh, but does any of it really change our buying decisions? I don't think so.

TYRiAX

Said videogame console being a $699 complete machine running current gen games at 4K and 60fps (including a GT7 at 8K 60fps), some with even additional RT on top at the same time it seems:

Being ripped apart left and right in a feeding frenzy of the likes rarely ever seen, probably resulting to a goodbye kiss to any chance of a future "high end console gaming" niche to exist.

It doesnt matter about people complaining online, it only matters if it sells to Sony's expectations.

bundylove

OP is just jealous that only Geoff gets Kojima's "Big Boss" every SGF/TGA (if you know what I mean).

The rest of us won't forget how he betrayed grandpa Don and uncle Phil.

The Dorito mob will have their revenge, Geoff. The green team never forgives, never forgets!

1280x720.jpg
I have some new chips he can advertise for his next show
oZ7wZNO.jpeg

Topher

Gold Member
I'm scrolling through this thread and I'm looking for examples of his "bias" but all I'm seeing are twitter memes accusing him of bias.

Wait.....is this all because he tweeted details of the news from the PS5 Pro reveal?

Tell me there is more to it than that.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Well, we didn’t have this on our bingo card for 2024: The Game Awards host Geoff Keighley and parody site Hard Drive are having a bit of a spat – and it’s all playing out publicly on social media. While we’re sure there’ll be no grudges held, things have been getting a little juicy all week, ever since the ex-Bonus Round presenter attempted to defend the price of the PS5 Pro by comparing it to the inflation adjusted fee of previous PlayStation formats.

Hard Drive subsequently wrote a story announcing Sony would be releasing a “pro version of boots for Keighley to lick”, which made our PS5 Pro memes round up
Earlier today it posted a picture of a truck filled with dollar bills, and attached the caption “Geoff Keighley on his way home from PlayStation HQ”. The host subsequently responded with a GIF saying “show me the receipts”:

pic.twitter.com/plAJxNxlBY— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) September 15, 2024
This prompted Hard Drive to capture a video of Keighley’s live blog from the PS5 Pro presentation, with the caption: “Did you forget to invoice them?” Keighley responded with a Hard Drive message celebrating the release Astro Bot, writing: “Will send mine in right after yours!”

Will send mine in right after yours! pic.twitter.com/HlOn0dp6qG— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) September 16, 2024
In a final exchange, Hard Drive simply sent Keighley an infamous image of a teleprompter at The Game Awards, where victors were prompted to “please wrap it up” – in reference to their acceptance speeches. Keighley said: “How original! Love the site, though!”

How original! Love the site tho!— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) September 16, 2024
And that seems to have concluded the war of words for now, although we suspect this is going to prompt Hard Drive to go even harder on Keighley in future articles. It’ll be quite amusing to see how this war of words develops; for now, all seems calm on the frontlines.

Cyberpunkd

Geoff Keighley has aways had a bias for a specific kind of game, you know, the Sony AAA cinematic blockbuster type of game. Those are the games he loves, the ones he likes to show, the ones he thinks should represent the medium.
These are the ones that make him money. He is a very rare example of game journalist that saw business potential in what he did and had an ambition to go beyond writing reviews all his life and growing old as a boomer writing about videogames.

He would promote the shit out of Doki Doki if he saw this is what market wants.

Last edited:

Three

I don't understand how these are even biases. He is just doing fact coverage there of a major event/news. "This is the PS5 Pro" " These are the games getting enhancements" "PS5 Pro reveal on this date" omg so bias. He's not even inserting any opinions in those tweets like "this is amazing, the best thing ever" or something like that.

Last edited:

The Saint

This guy. The only good thing to come out of his shows are the trailers and the music, and each of those will get their own uploads, so it's extra pointless to watch an entire 3 hour video with him in it during those live events. Oh, well seeing him put angry joe in his place was also kinda funny

Three

I'm scrolling through this thread and I'm looking for examples of his "bias" but all I'm seeing are twitter memes accusing him of bias.

Wait.....is this all because he tweeted details of the news from the PS5 Pro reveal?

Tell me there is more to it than that.
That's pretty much it. Just look at the profiles of replys in the OP tweet and you would get a pretty good picture of why this is happening.

Guy is upset Geoff is posting breaking news about a new console while his own profile of recent tweets looks like this

I don't think it's Geoff with the bias Keith. How much are they paying you for this coverage? Some nobody's tweets has turned into a thread nonetheless.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Wait, who is handing Geoff any keys? The man built up these shows over like a decade, step by step as others dropped the ball.

Sigh, OP’s thread is just one big WTF.

Top Bottom