• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the red star... will it ever release?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anyone know anything? is it doomed to never see the light? still in negotiations with a new publisher?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
they'll sell it for whatever they can get for it, so you can be damn sure a publisher will pick it up eventually and publish it since it's essentially done.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The ironic thing is the game was *literally* completely done when Acclaim blew up. Both the Xbox and PS2 versions had been sent off to be certified. PS2 version came back fine, and the Xbox version came back with a couple of small issues that could be ironed out in a few days.

For a publisher to not pick it up on the cheap and release it for $20 this winter would be absolutely insane. With the right marketing the game could do over 100,000.

Teddman

Shortly after Acclaim went bankrupt, I had a dream that I went into the LA Convention Center a day before E3 this year and stole The Red Star demo right off the showroom floor. What was interesting is that in the dream, I took the whole damn kiosk; TV, wires, console, stand, everything, and threw it in the back of a pickup truck. Then I hacked the demo and found that practially the whole game was in there. It was a good dream. :)

Brannon

Acclaim.

Only they can keep messing things up FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE.

Maybe that Turok gravestone ad run was a premonition?

Top Bottom