• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Samurai Shodown V special instant kill video

belgurdo

Banned
Since I just learned that SNK apparently cut the fatality moves out of the home Neo Geo release, I wanted to see what I was missing

It's around on the Net...somewhere

Nakoruru_02.gif

HAOHMARU

You know what is fucked up? They didn't tell anybody that pre-ordered it that the fatalities were cut. People have been trying all kinds of stuff to make it work...debug mode, switching regions ect. but nothing will work. Seems like SNK/Playmore told everybody that it would be in the game, and then thought it was too violent to include it at all.

What a bunch of bullshit...anyway take a look at these while I find the video:

zetuhan2.jpg
zetuhao2.jpg

I have seen it....Hanzo's fatality is awesome. You see him break the bones, just like that pic is showing. A lot of them are badass...it is a shame they aren't included.

A pic from some disgruntled SNK fanboyz...

ssvs

HAOHMARU

Hopefully, if and when they release the game on the XBOXEN or PS2 they will included them. It is a shame that they can't be accessed because the violence level is locked at 1.

I may have to use alternate methods to play this game with the fatalities... ;)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
they censored the home cart? just the us release, or the japanese version as well? way to screw your pathologically dedicated superfans, playmore.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Neo-Geo Japanese games = Neo-Geo U.S. games. The only difference is the cart sticker/box/manual, not the actual games, since you can select your region in the options screen.

I'd say "wait for teh emulation!!111," but I would assume that whoever has dumped the game (yes, dumped, screens are out there), probably did so from the home cart version.

HAOHMARU

Yea, but somebody is going to get their hands on an arcade cabinet. If anything, there will be bootleg copies that you can play on the home console that will have the fatalities.

I really hope they change it back to fatalities for the PS2/XBox. If not, I'll still purchase it...but I'm going to emulate it also.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
HAOHMARU said:
Hopefully, if and when they release the game on the XBOXEN or PS2 they will included them. It is a shame that they can't be accessed because the violence level is locked at 1.
Actually 2. (1 would be white "blood")

WTF, why would they take them out? It's not like taking them out will help sales. All it will do is hurt them, actually. I thought that perhaps SNK/Playmore had finally gotten a brain, and realized that editing their games for the US did little but piss fans off and promote EMU'ing. What a bunch of tards.

Thanks for the video link though.

Oh, and unless the fatalies are put back in for the XB/PS2 version, I will not buy this game, but I will still play it using other methods ;) If the fatalities are put back in, I'll by it in a heartbeat.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
According to SNK's release on the matter, they had been receiving complaints about the violence in the arcade game after a well-pulicized child murder in Nagasaki, and decided to curb it for the home version... as if any of the 300 or so people who'd buy it would care.

They do apologize profusely in the release, though.

belgurdo

Banned
Thanks, Haohmaru

And why would they cut the violence (in a samurai game, no less) over the Nevada incident, which happened a while ago? Most of the people by way of logic who buy NG games are adults to begin with. It's as flaky an excuse as Sega's cutting official gun support on HotD 2, citing Columbine

Top Bottom