• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver lining in regards to RE4's Q1 release.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
No, if anything this may have actually been a good decision. This Oct. thru the remainder of this holiday season is literally overstocked with quality software. A plethora of recognizable franchise mascots as well. PM2, Echoes, VJ2, POPII, Halo 2, MGS3, BK, Alien Hominid, R&C: Up Your Arsenal, Splinter Cell 3, Ace Combat 5, NFSU:2, Jak 3, GT4, (possibly) MegaMan X8, DOA:U, LOTR:TTA, KOTOR II, Mario:Tennis, GTA:SA, MP:6, DBZ:Budokai 3, etc. While all of these titles may not be considered by many to be "heavy hitters" the point I am trying to illustrate is that many of the aforementioned titles will seriously underperform commercially. Studios are desperately trying to make that crucial "holiday window," as they didn't learn anything from last year & are on track to even multiply last year's software overshadowing due to the massive competition.

So if Halo 2, GT4, MGS3, Fable, etc. had been moved to the 1st. qtr. of '05 there would be a million posts stating how this would be negligible regarding potential sales. Due to media hype, popularity of the series, anticipation, system exclusivity, etc, etc. But when regarding exclusive Cube software it becomes so very "detrimental." Sonic:Heroes & FF:CC demonstrated how good to impressive sales numbers can be acheived in the 1st qtr, I believe the LOZ:WW did this as well. (2nd qtr.) Many of you are under the impression that people stop purchasing software after Nov., guess what? Sales data says they don't.

So looking over 1st qtr. (specifically announced Jan. software release dates) I see no real competition from either of the competing consoles in terms of media hype, not to mention that Nintendo & Capcom will be pooling monetary resources to massively market this title. (the japanese playable demo will make its way to the US in all probability, or so I've heard) So let me get this straight, a userbase that has increased exponentially since '02, (when RE:Remake & RE:0 were released) in addition to the influx of new buyers this Christmas season will inevitably bring, this title will sell approximately the same, or perhaps a 100k more than its predecessors? (400-500k?) Yes, this seems quite logical. And I suppose Echoes won't outsell MP either, correct? When RE:Remake was released the Cube outsold the X-Box, same outcome with "teh kiddy" cel-shaded Zelda, MP's release tied the Box's November hw output, the price drop obviously met with identical results to a larger extent & over a larger expanse of time last holiday season, (to be expected) & then there were various months like June of '03 when they were within 10k of each other. (the month KOTOR was released incidentally) My point? RE4 can still cause a considerable hw sales spike, (albeit perhaps temporarily) those who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Many forget that Capcom's projected sales for RE4 are a very realistic 1.8 million world wide. Can it do & exceed this? Absolutely. Can it cause a ww console sales spike? Absolutely. We also seem to forget the effect that graphic whoredom, gratuitous & explicit scenes of violence has over the casual gamer. Am I stating outrageous claims like this game will be the "magic title" to help catch the Box in NA? Of course not, but to dismiss its ability to reach the broader demographic is a definite mistake.

Alcibiades

If XBox 2 really launches in '05, then 2005 will be Year of the Gamecube, not that Pikmin 2 and Donkey Konga aren't going to give quite the super-effort this year, but RE4 has a movie to help it in visibility (hopefully a DVD release around February/March will give the game a bump in sales.

RE4 is the perfect way to kick off the New Year, and RE2 and Sonic Heroes have enjoyed tremendous success as January releases...

I believe this too, Q1 is actually a very important time of the year for game sales. Alot more potent than Q2-Q3. It didn't used to be like this, but now, yes.

Fact is, the holidays leave alot of people with money in their pockets and they will be more eager to buy the next big hit on the market than backtracking to pick up the games they've missed during the year.

RE4 will get attention, all it needs is advertisement, which I believe it will get.

In fact, I have no doubt RE4 will sale more in Q1 of 2005 than it would have in Q4 of this year.

Alcibiades

just remember that's about the same time frame you can expect some heavy XBox competition

KOTOR 2 - late December
Jade Empire - Jan/Feb
Doom 3 - early 1st quarter
Unreal 2 - Feb

the truth is, a good number of very quality releases (for PS2 and XBox) got pushed back, as I guess companies realized the mistake of overloading the 4th quarter.

RE4 will stand clear and tall on GCN, but they need to do a lot of hyping to stand out with everything normally coming out 1st quarter + delayed from 4th quarter releases + residual strong sales from stuff like Halo 2, GT4, San Andreas, Call of Duty, NFS: Underground 2, and Echoes...

Chrono

Banned
meh I'm happy RE:4 will be out in January. It gives me time to finish the games I’ll get in November and it (hopefully) will be more polished. Btw Li Mu Bai: were you a poster called "blasphemy" on the n-sider forums some time ago? I don’t follow those forums now so I don't know if he still posts there but you sound a lot like him... O__o

IJoel

I agree with the underlying logic in your post, but disagree on the big effects you think it will have.

I think it's a good thing for RE4 to be delayed, because this holiday season is too packed with quality releases, and in January it'll be able to get a good part of the attention (I think both Forza Motorsport and Kameo are scheduled to be released during that month as well) and, well, it won't be packed near as much as during November.

I frankly don't think it'll have a significant impact on cube sales, unless Capcom manages to pull some trick out of the hat that will attract more gamers. I think most people that wanted a cube for RE games got one by now. It will surely have some impact, but I don't think it'll be too big.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
efralope said:
just remember that's about the same time frame you can expect some heavy XBox competition

KOTOR 2 - late December
Jade Empire - Jan/Feb
Doom 3 - early 1st quarter
Unreal 2 - Feb

the truth is, a good number of very quality releases (for PS2 and XBox) got pushed back, as I guess companies realized the mistake of overloading the 4th quarter.

RE4 will stand clear and tall on GCN, but they need to do a lot of hyping to stand out with everything normally coming out 1st quarter + delayed from 4th quarter releases + residual strong sales from stuff like Halo 2, GT4, San Andreas, Call of Duty, NFS: Underground 2, and Echoes...

It will get the necessary hyping efralope, KOTOR 2's sales will still be affected by Halo 2, as will SC3's. Jade Empire is listed as March 1st release, Doom III's date is unsolidified, Unreal 2 is 2nd qtr.

AniHawk

I still maintain that whenever Resident Evil 4 is released, it will not be the major system seller everyone thinks it'll be (or software seller for that matter). Yes, the game is quite good. It's fun, and it's different from the previous Resident Evil games. I know that. The consumers however, unless there are some of the best commercials ever known to mankind, will not recognize this. On top of that, you have the decline of the series over the past 4 years, and the genre in general.

AniHawk

Li Mu Bai said:
It will get the necessary hyping efralope, KOTOR 2's sales will still be affected by Halo 2, as will SC3's. Jade Empire is listed as March 1st release, Doom III's date is unsolidified, Unreal 2 is 2nd qtr.

SC3 will probably just be ignored for Metal Gear Solid 3, really. Plus, SC 2 will have released just months earlier.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Chrono said:
meh I'm happy RE:4 will be out in January. It gives me time to finish the games I’ll get in November and it (hopefully) will be more polished. Btw Li Mu Bai: were you a poster called "blasphemy" on the n-sider forums some time ago? I don’t follow those forums now so I don't know if he still posts there but you sound a lot like him... O__o

No Chrono, I've never been a part of the N-Sider forums.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
IJoel said:
I agree with the underlying logic in your post, but disagree on the big effects you think it will have.

I think it's a good thing for RE4 to be delayed, because this holiday season is too packed with quality releases, and in January it'll be able to get a good part of the attention (I think both Forza Motorsport and Kameo are scheduled to be released during that month as well) and, well, it won't be packed near as much as during November.

I frankly don't think it'll have a significant impact on cube sales, unless Capcom manages to pull some trick out of the hat that will attract more gamers. I think most people that wanted a cube for RE games got one by now. It will surely have some impact, but I don't think it'll be too big.

IJoel, this isn't really anything like the past REs if you have not yet played it. You are correct, both Kameo & Forza are due to be released that month. Given PGR2's sales thereby making estimating Forza's success a hard one to gauge. (yes I know that one is more arcade like, & one is a hardcore simulation, though PGR2 deserved far better) I feel that Kameo willl be met with mediocre sales IMO, (wrong demographic) the Box userbase is fickle it seems. And it will most likely still be meeting with the Once & Future King, GT4. I'm not truly expecting "massive spikes" either, but considerable ones nonetheless.

Whatever the case is, the simple fact, to me, is that RE4's delay is not going to help it achieve better sales than if it had released in the holiday season...where more than half of the software and hardware sales happen for a console, GameCube included.

On the platform, RE4 simply was going to sell well, to the majority of people who already own the system because of the exclusive RE releases that have been a part of the lineup for over two years. RE4 will, IMO, sell, at least, twice as much as any of the previous RE games released on the GC.

Whether it will draw a really substantial amount of new 'Cube owners based on the strength of the new title is debatable, considering the relatively poor sales it has had for the last 8 or so months at the rock-bottom price of $99 US. I think it will draw many to the system, but really, I think the slide for this system cannot be stemmed if they cannot exhibit a reversal during this holiday season. Xmas purchases will be, like they always are, forced to happen by the dwindling time people have to purchase the present in time. MP2E and the others, IMHO, are not enough on their own...but had RE4 been the crown-jewel of the lineup, together, they would put up an undeniable force against the other two. Winter releases will be good, like they always are for the RE series, but the loss of such a big opportunity is regretable.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I would say, when pushing a console, that advertising a game is more important than actually having the game on the shelves. A game's hype is its most useful aspect for moving consoles. With a Jan. 11th release, RE4 can still sell consoles during the holiday shopping season, if the game is advertise well. I have no faith in Capcom doing this, though. Nintendo will have to salvage this by making sure the game is pushed hard during December.

On a similar note, Nintendo should use Zelda XII this holiday as well. Nintendo never did keep up with demand for the Zelda collection last year. I'd bet the could release that bundle this year, throw in the Zelda extended trailer and repeat last year's sales.

AniHawk

Can someone please tell me their thinking on why RE4 is a hugeass system seller when both other major RE games on the series have failed?

MaddenNFL64

Yeah, I never saw RE4 as a system seller. It's a huge game, and i'm buying it, but the 2 big RE games have sold a little over 400k each in NA. Not sure how much elsewhere, but that's not gigantic numbers. Not system selling anyways.

Maybe this one is new enough, and has the 'cool factor' to pull in the numbers though.

We'll see. All I know is, i'm buying it. I can't control much else :p.

IJoel

AniHawk said:
Can someone please tell me their thinking on why RE4 is a hugeass system seller when both other major RE games on the series have failed?

Precisely my question. I can't fathom a new control scheme and setting having that big of an impact.

Ranger X

about time they begin to see what i am talking about since a long time.
A fucking videogame now can sell in other period of the year and i truly hope RE4 will demonstrate that and help this industry grow by creating new sales point.

MoxManiac

I'm just glad it got pushed to next year since my November gaming time will be dominated by Metroid Prime 2 and Halo 2.

B E N K E

The game looks great and will have people who have shunned the Gamecube looking at possible picking one up for the cheap price it goes for today. It was considerably more expensive when remake and the rather halfassed Zero hit the system. Pushing something out of the holiday window is never a good thing if we're not talking about an unestablished title.

AniHawk said:

It'll come down to how it's marketed. If they can show people that it's really nothing like the previous RE's, then it'll have a really good chance of selling quite a few systems. If they don't do that, it'll still sell more htan the previous GC RE's, it's just not going to push many systems.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
AniHawk said:
No one is really saying that RE4 is a hugeass system seller, but rather that it has the potenial to be one. Resident Evil was a blockbuster franchise. Its popularity has waned since the second game, but still does very well (about 1 million in the US on the Gamecube). Many believe that the radical changes from old, stale format can reenergize the franchise. It's greatly impressed everybody that's played, so far.

The belief in RE4 isn't all that different than your belief in Zelda XII.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:

That's like saying you can use Four Swords Adventures to gauge the popularity of Zelda XII.

Mike

Ugh, I'm so sick of seeing these threads.

Look, I'm really excited for RE4 also, and although I will be buying lots of other games, I would still prefer RE4 to be released sooner rather than later. I'd prefer to have the choice. And I don't think the release date will have a huge impact on sales, people who were going to buy this game will buy it any time of the year. If anything, it will sell less, since people won't be giving it as a holiday gift.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
AniHawk said:

Actually Ani from a software perspective, according to Capcom the RE:Remake was a resounding success by exceeding their projections. RE:0 fell short by a margin of around 200-300k of what they wanted to initially sell. (also read my initial post more closely, on the REmake's release it pushed more hw units than the X-Box) Those of you trying to marginalize the differences regarding RE4's control scheme either have never played it, or don't realize what a huge diference a changed camera orientation can make. I don't remember precise analog aiming, (or running) Leon's various context sensitive abilities, attacks, destructible environments, vehicular use, weapons array, etc. The interface btw is improved, with Leon being able to hold much more than in previous titles. (& the trunks are gone)

AniHawk said:

wTf?! I think the fact that its LEON from the MOST popular RE series says a bit - ps/RE fans will want to continue his journey. Hell, I want to play it NOW! RE3 was cool but going back down to 1 disc was like a watering down of the series. I loved Nemesis but it felt butchered.

As for REMAKE : see comments about expectations

RE0 - I love my RE games. RE0 was still great fun. but didn't this not get a lot of ad time and the timing between REMAKE and this makes it feel less special. It needed a bigger window period for launch between sequeks. REmake sales show that gamers wantedt to get back into the series. The flaw was the rapid sucession of games.

I believe a couple of reviews bagged it for coming out so soon after REmake and hence losing that flavour of newness/anticipation.

REmake Shark > *

Li Mu Bai

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It'll come down to how it's marketed. If they can show people that it's really nothing like the previous RE's, then it'll have a really good chance of selling quite a few systems. If they don't do that, it'll still sell more htan the previous GC RE's, it's just not going to push many systems.

SSX, you have hit the nail on the head.

AniHawk

Li Mu Bai said:
Actually Ani from a software perspective, according to Capcom the RE:Remake was a resounding success by exceeding their projections. RE:0 fell short by a margin of around 200-300k of what they wanted to initially sell. (also read my initial post more closely, on the REmake's release it pushed more hw units than the X-Box) Those of you trying to marginalize the differences regarding RE4's control scheme either have never played it, or don't realize what a huge diference a changed camera orientation can make. I don't remember precise analog aiming, (or running) Leon's various context sensitive abilities, attacks, destructible environments, vehicular use, weapons array, etc. The interface btw is improved, with Leon being able to hold much more than in previous titles. (& the trunks are gone)

It doesn't change the fact that the popularity of the franchise has waned since the 32 bit era. By moving it from the PSX to the DC to the PS2 to the GC, Capcom's effectively confused a lot of gamers. It's like moving a show around from timeslot to timeslot until they really don't care. I forgot about RE's success, and RE Zero's near-success, but I don't see how all of a sudden it will change so RE4 can sell 500,000-600,000 on top of that game's projections.

TheGreenGiant said:
wTf?! I think the fact that its LEON from the MOST popular RE series says a bit - ps/RE fans will want to continue his journey. Hell, I want to play it NOW! RE3 was cool but going back down to 1 disc was like a watering down of the series. I loved Nemesis but it felt butchered.

As for REMAKE : see comments about expectations

RE0 - I love my RE games. RE0 was still great fun. but didn't this not get a lot of ad time and the timing between REMAKE and this makes it feel less special. It needed a bigger window period for launch between sequeks. REmake sales show that gamers wantedt to get back into the series. The flaw was the rapid sucession of games.

I believe a couple of reviews bagged it for coming out so soon after REmake and hence losing that flavour of newness/anticipation.

REmake Shark > *

Good point about Leon. If Capcom can connect Resident Evil 2 fans to Resident Evil 4, that may get some added sales for the game.

JJConrad said:
No one is really saying that RE4 is a hugeass system seller, but rather that it has the potenial to be one. Resident Evil was a blockbuster franchise. Its popularity has waned since the second game, but still does very well (about 1 million in the US on the Gamecube). Many believe that the radical changes from old, stale format can reenergize the franchise. It's greatly impressed everybody that's played, so far.

I've played it too, I'm impressed by it. I liked how much more claustrophobic the game makes you feel when there are multiple villagers surrounding you, causing your adrenaline level to rise in contrast to the simple, "BOO!" scares. I know it's much better than the originals, but how can the consumers know that? If history has taught us anything, Nintendo likes to advertise M-rated game commercials late at night when they're not as effective as say, during prime time.

CVXFREAK said:
That's like saying you can use Four Swords Adventures to gauge the popularity of Zelda XII.

No, that would be like using Resident Evil Outbreak or Gun Survivor to guage the success of the upcoming RE game. FSA, like REO is not like TWW or RE0 because they are part of what is regarded to be the "proper" series. And FSA, like REO, requires you to purchase additional components and play with other people to get the maximum playability out of your game.

JJConrad said:
The belief in RE4 isn't all that different than your belief in Zelda XII.

Except the difference in Zelda XII is visible by just looking at this game and any previous Zelda game. Jarrod once said that part of the reason TWW sales were lower than usual main Zelda games was that the fangirls stopped paying attention to Link because he wasn't "cute" anymore. It will be harder to show that gameplay has changed in relation to the look and style of a game.

SolidSnakex said:

Well said. :) And looking at Capcom's track record on advertising video games... and Nintendo's as well, nothing looks really solid for this game.

AniHawk

DSN2K said:
to be honest I dont see capcom selling 1.8m copies worldwide.

It would have to be something like (shipped):

550k Japan
750k NA
500k EU

so Sell-through:

425k Japan
550k NA
400k EU

Li Mu Bai

Banned
DSN2K said:
to be honest I dont see capcom selling 1.8m copies worldwide.

Strange, Remake is at 1.2 or 1.3 ww, & RE0 is at 1.1. And its popularity has waned Ani, that is why this new approach has been taken to refresh & re-energize the series. A simple demo disk will work wonders, & the advertising for the REmake was well done, it was RE:0's that was severely lacking. But people who are thinking all these blockbusters releasing at once & won't eat into each others' profits & potential sales, are simply mad. If a game is media-hyped sufficiently, advertised broadly & effectively, it can sell well & boost console sales no matter what qtr. it releases in.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I thought that the silver lining was that in January you'd actually be able to afford it. ;p

well. I'm buying. so that's all that matters. I think Capcom is pretty aware of the state of sale of their own releases - someone should dig up that sales thing and the capcom commentary. I think the GC does serve its exclusive 3rd parties well (see : TOS + Namco + Soul Calibur 2). I am tired. It will sell. and it will sell cubes. Xmas or not.

Li Mu Bai said:
Strange, Remake is at 1.2 or 1.3 ww, & RE0 is at 1.1. And its popularity has waned Ani, that is why this new approach has been taken to refresh & re-energize the series. A simple demo disk will work wonders, & the advertising for the REmake was well done, it was RE:0's that was severely lacking. But people who are thinking all these blockbusters releasing at once & won't eat into each others' profits & potential sales, are simply mad. If a game is media-hyped sufficiently, advertised broadly & effectively, it can sell well & boost console sales no matter what qtr. it releases in.

wanted to add this. Gamecube installed base has also grown considerably since Remake - if there's any proof, its that cubers will buy top quality exclusives. I'm sure Re4 will do well.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
wanted to add this. Gamecube installed base has also grown considerably since Remake - if there's any proof, its that cubers will buy top quality exclusives. I'm sure Re4 will do well.

Yes, people think this is the GC installed userbase circa 2002. Exclusives always will perform better upon the GC. (historical sales data shows this, even moreso than the other systems proportionately) If everyone that bought a GC for RE already has one, then conversely everyone that bought an X-Box for Halo, or MGS2 & GT3 for the PS2 will already have one as well. So we should expect stagnant hw sales, but impressive software ones for Halo 2, MGS3, GT4, etc. Makes sense. And yes IJoel, a change of scenery & camera perspective are the only pluses RE4 have in its favor. (insert rolleyes here)

It would have to be something like (shipped):

550k Japan
750k NA
500k EU

so Sell-through:

425k Japan
550k NA
400k EU

Isn't RE0 already over, or at 400k in JPN? As I stated earlier, those numbers are very attainable. Especially the sell-through figures.

The game looks great and will have people who have shunned the Gamecube looking at possible picking one up for the cheap price it goes for today. It was considerably more expensive when remake and the rather halfassed Zero hit the system.

Another very valid point. The price point, regardless of recent stagnant sales, will continue to be attractive when an anticipated title releases. This will be quite evident when LOZ XII releases.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
It doesn't change the fact that the popularity of the franchise has waned since the 32 bit era. By moving it from the PSX to the DC to the PS2 to the GC, Capcom's effectively confused a lot of gamers. It's like moving a show around from timeslot to timeslot until they really don't care. I forgot about RE's success, and RE Zero's near-success, but I don't see how all of a sudden it will change so RE4 can sell 500,000-600,000 on top of that game's projections.

Don't forget, the REmake and Zero never got quite the media attention RE4 has gotten. Resident Evil 4 has gotten just as much, if not more attention than Metroid Prime 2 is getting.

AniHawk said:
No, that would be like using Resident Evil Outbreak or Gun Survivor to guage the success of the upcoming RE game. FSA, like REO is not like TWW or RE0 because they are part of what is regarded to be the "proper" series. And FSA, like REO, requires you to purchase additional components and play with other people to get the maximum playability out of your game.

You missed the point. FSA is a DIFFERENT kind of Zelda game, and the REmake is a DIFFERENT kind of Resident Evil game. With so many radical changes, and improvments in mindshare, RE4 is a big change just like FSA. It's just way too hard to predict how well RE4 will sell, but the REmake and Zero can hardly be used against it (or for it).

AniHawk said:
Except the difference in Zelda XII is visible by just looking at this game and any previous Zelda game. Jarrod once said that part of the reason TWW sales were lower than usual main Zelda games was that the fangirls stopped paying attention to Link because he wasn't "cute" anymore. It will be harder to show that gameplay has changed in relation to the look and style of a game.

It simply looks like a next-gen Zelda to me. I'd liken it to the differences between REmake and RE1 - better graphics. No one will argue that the REmake was something brand new, but it sure as hell looked and felt different. Just as much as Zelda XII has in terms of bringing the OOT fanbase in, RE4 can bring in the older RE fans, first person shooter fans, action fans, and the works. :)

AniHawk

CVXFREAK said:
Don't forget, the REmake and Zero never got quite the media attention RE4 has gotten. Resident Evil 4 has gotten just as much, if not more attention than Metroid Prime 2 is getting.

That is true. Though magazine/Gamer TV shows only go so far, especially in an era where Halo 2, GT4, or GTA SA are much bigger, more popular "stories."

CVXFREAK said:
You missed the point. FSA is a DIFFERENT kind of Zelda game, and the REmake is a DIFFERENT kind of Resident Evil game. With so many radical changes, and improvments in mindshare, RE4 is a big change just like FSA. It's just way too hard to predict how well RE4 will sell, but the REmake and Zero can hardly be used against it (or for it).

Before I go any further, did you mean RE 4 is a DIFFERENT kind of Resident Evil game, or REmake? Either way, I don't really understand the argument.

CVXFREAK said:
It simply looks like a next-gen Zelda to me. I'd liken it to the differences between REmake and RE1 - better graphics. No one will argue that the REmake was something brand new, but it sure as hell looked and felt different. Just as much as Zelda XII has in terms of bringing the OOT fanbase in, RE4 can bring in the older RE fans, first person shooter fans, action fans, and the works. :)

Well "next-gen Zelda" was what so many people were hoping to have since 2000. Nintendo alienated a lot of people with the cel-shaded look, and the new style will bring those people back. It's not like the majority of the fanbase left the series anyhow- The Wind Waker is on its way to sell upwards of 4 million copies, the average for any normal Zelda game. Meanwhile RE has waned considerably from 1 million in the States to doing that on a worldwide scale. If RE 4 can bring back RE fans from 1998, it will be a huge push for the series and the GC. However, if Zelda XII can do the same, it will be a much larger push, and really, I think Zelda XII's supersuccess is a lot more realistic than RE 4's. But that's another story for another time :)

and while we're still on this.

The number one game to push zelda off its pedestal and showcase a new form of ARPG...
has

BOMBED.

(not really) but Fable was the one game I thought would dethrone the Zelda series. The way it was trumped and hyped by molyneux, you would think it would. That said, I expect fervour and love for the Zelda tradition to continue.

:thumbs up:

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
and while we're still on this.

The number one game to push zelda off its pedestal and showcase a new form of ARPG...
has

BOMBED.

(not really) but Fable was the one game I thought would dethrone the Zelda series. The way it was trumped and hyped by molyneux, you would think it would. That said, I expect fervour and love for the Zelda tradition to continue.

:thumbs up:

...Yes, thank you for that.

And for the 100th freakin' time, Zelda is not an RPG (as a series... Zelda 2 is though).

AniHawk said:
...Yes, thank you for that.

And for the 100th freakin' time, Zelda is not an RPG (as a series... Zelda 2 is though).

:giggles:

OH COME ON! My Fable/Zelda comparision is pretty neato though. You control a 3rd person figure as he/she runs around and swings a sword. The fantasy thing they both have going makes them comparable IMO. And I did say

ARPG = Action Role Playing Game....

just curious but what would you class Zelda games as?

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
:giggles:

OH COME ON! My Fable/Zelda comparision is pretty neato though. You control a 3rd person figure as he/she runs around and swings a sword. The fantasy thing they both have going makes them comparable IMO. And I did say

ARPG = Action Role Playing Game....

just curious but what would you class Zelda games as?

Action Adventure.

Top Bottom